[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you guys have a large collection of textbooks like Gentoomen's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: commoncorefail.jpg (94KB, 800x994px) Image search: [Google]
commoncorefail.jpg
94KB, 800x994px
Do you guys have a large collection of textbooks like Gentoomen's Library?
>>
>>7711712
http://4chan-science.wikia.com/wiki//sci/_Wiki
>>
>>7711712
no, because i only have 3 texts that were worth keeping throughout undergrad
>>
>>7711712
Common core is right tho. Formally speaking 8+5 is (((((8+1)+1)+1)+1)+1) which is also equal to (((10+1)+1)+1).
>>
>>7711881
the people have a problem with people teaching common core in a confusing way

idk if i'd like to be taught it but i use common core to add numbers i haven't memorised the addition to so much more than the way i was taught
>>
>>7711888
I don't understand why they even teach this shit that everybody comes up with himself sooner or later.
Also, checked.
>>
>>7711734
>Principles of Mathematical Analysis by Rudin
>Real and Complex Analysis by Rudin
>Functional Analysis by Rudin

Am I right?
>>
There is literally nothing confusing about common core or how it's taught, everyone has to be pretending to be retarded.
>>
>>7711712
No matter what common core is right. The normal parent just hasn't practiced algebra for years because it's not practical which what our education projects. Practicality in the maths and science. Fucking need to rework education or get rid of common core altogether
>>
>>7712418
They just never learned how math works because for the longest time it was taught in a shallow plug and chug sorta way. To them, 10 is 10 and 8+5 gets replaced by 13 and that's all there is to it because they weren't taught to think about why any of that is actually true.
>>
>>7712418
"Tell how to make 10 when adding 8+5"
> implying that adding is taught to using an algorithm with intermediate steps
> implying that there's a difference between (about) to add, adding, added

Why would you teach kids to subtract when it's an addition problem? I don't care if the teacher wants to explain that you can pull terms apart and re-arrange, but you don't fucking subtract.

TL:DR it's a poorly worded question and the ambiguity is a consistent problem with common core
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.