[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When will the "its just a piece of paper" meme die?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 1

File: FB_IMG_1449668590132.jpg (17KB, 402x469px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1449668590132.jpg
17KB, 402x469px
When will the "its just a piece of paper" meme die?
>>
People don't literally think they're just getting a piece of paper you silly autist.
>>
>>7710068
you say that, but I have talked with people who literally view their degree as paper and nothing more.
>>
>>7710062

People that view it as that are people that aren't going to use it.

I can call my brain a piece of flesh inside of my head, or I can view it as how I'm going to make my way in the world.

What it actually ends up being depends on what I do.
>>
>>7710062
in the end, we are all just pieces of paper.
>>
>>7710084
floating through the infinite cosmos, on a piece of paper suspended in a sunbeam.
>>
>>7710091
Could god make a piece of paper not even he could shake its hand?
>>
>>7710080
This. If it's irrelevant to your life then it's just a piece of paper obviously. The value of anything is always subjective.
>>
>>7710080
The neurons in your brain aren't abstract.
>>
>>7710095

Jaden Smith pls go
>>
>>7710062
M8 that's a highschool yearbook...in that case it really is just a piece of paper
>>
>>7710098
but their understanding of mathematics is
>>
>>7710103
I can't tell whether she is 16 or 36.
>>
>>7710062
When it stops being just a piece of paper.
>>
>>7710107
implying you understand mathematics
>>
>>7710107
No one gives a fuck about mathematics, Eric.
>>
>put in no effort
>get nothing out of it
>somehow surprised

these are the people who audibly sigh in lectures when they're expected to learn something. that happened in an econ class once. the prof wrote a simple calculus proof on the board. some retard asked the inevitable, "WIL DIS B ON DA TEST", prof says yes, the class groans. it's like, why are any of you here? you don't WANT to learn any of this? aren't you here of your own free will?
>>
>>7710103
>M8 that's a highschool yearbook..
Yep.
And 113,880 hours is 13 years, so she's counting every second of time from the beginning of kindergarten until the end of 12th grade.
Which is STILL wrong, because she started kindergarten in September, but graduated in June (assuming).
>>
>>7710160
America doesn't understand the value of education.
>>
>>7710160
>free will
>[math]kek^{\lim\limits_{x \to 0}\frac{1}{x}}[/math]
>>
>>7710062
No, Shanayney. You spent 113 880 hours of your life to get me a burger and a milkshake.
>>
>>7710084
I wanna be fossil fuel!
>>
What a stupid person. She got educated, or should have. Now she should go to college, but I don't think she would do very well.
>>
>>7710217
You can do that without a diploma.
>>
>>7710191
whoa there buddy, why don't we stop with the constantly generalizations
>>
>>7710150
>Eric.
Is this a meme?
>>
>>7710062
College degrees are literally just a piece of paper, and are only necessary since the courts banned testing applicant intelligence as it's racist.
>>
>>7711309
...constantly generalizations? You're proving my point m8.
>>
>use paper money
>complain that a diploma is just a piece of paper

top wew
>>
>>7711482

Really? Cause last time I check the US state and military still use battery tests for intelligence in assigning future roles. And several job interviews I have done involved "live" demonstrations in competency of said skills particular in computer development for positions that are 75k+ salaries.
>>
>>7710160
This was me in highschool basically. I didn't try, didn't want to learn, and didn't put in any effort. I quickly learned when I graduated the value if education and you actually have to study in college.

If I could go back and do it again studying and doing homework I totally would. To be honest family.
>>
>>7710062
Depending on the major it really is just a paper.

Depending on the university you go to then it's just paper.

The only way to redeem yourself if you go to a mid-tier university is to get a 4.0 and most people can't do that lel.
>>
>>7712195
You mean to tell me I can't find a job with my Basket Weaving degree from my local community college?!

But I am now 50k in debt! We need da free tuition cuz I'm broke now! D:
>>
>>7710062
If all you got from college was a piece of paper, then you either went to a shit college or you're a shit student.

Probably the latter.
>>
>>7710187
You're assuming that she didn't have to repeat a year or go to summer schoool.

>>7710062
It's not a meme, it's the truth. If it were about learning, any grades given to you by the educational facility would be for your own interest and guidance only, and the certification would be done by an unrelated institution, which would not be in a conflict of interest.
>>
>>7712198
>We need da free tuition cuz I'm broke now! D:
This is why I'm opposed to the free college meme. 90% of kids who use it would major in gender studies or Caribbean art, and then go on to work at Starbucks, or drive a forklift at Amazon, or manage a gas station, exactly like they would have if they didn't sink tens of thousands of tax dollars into it first.

What we need is tuition assistance for students who show willingness and ability to pursue a degree that actually benefits themselves and the nation, and guess what? We already have that. When I went back to college in 2012, over 2/3 of my tuition was paid for by the Pell grant, and by my senior year it was 100% covered.
>>
>>7712225
it serves multiple purposes
>>
>>7712237
Nowadays, you can get the paper basically without learning anything.
>>
>>7711298

yes but food made by a womens studies graduate just tastes better..
>>
>91.18 years
>>
>>7710062
If your grades are crap, then for all it does for you it's a piece of paper.
>>
>>7712755
poor b8
>>
>>7711340
>>7710150
I just came into this thread, my name is actually Eric.
>>
>>7710062
>113,880 hours
>13 years worth of 24 hour a day school work
lmao.
>>
>>7712755
lol
>>
>>7710080
You can choose a ready guide in some celestial voice.
>>
>>7713267
ITT: this newfaggot
>>
>>7712755
Over 36 billion muslims disagree with this comment, don't let radical muslim agreers speak for the rest!
>>
>>7710160
This is literally every single business major I've ever met. They all seem to fucking hate at least 75% of the stuff they see in class and just don't care for the rest of it
>>
>>7710062
>going to college for 13 years
>>
>>7715724
it's a highschool yearbook. She's calculating all the hours in years from kindergarten to 12th grade, which is fucking retarded.
>>
>>7710062
cute
>>
>>7711298
No you can't.
>>
>>7710062
that's a highschool yearbook you idiot

and they're right, public school is a total joke
>>
>>7710072
I know a few people like that.

I think it's a tactic to weed out the stupid people from the labor market. Using theory of mind, you can presume that if you graduate you can say "I did that all of that for a peace of paper", then all stupid students might think "If he graduated, and said it was for a peace of paper, then I can drop out and nu'ttin will matter." That way you don't have to compete with them in the labor force. Most people will not fall for it, but at least some would.
>>
>>7710160
Maybe these people are bad at math. I want to learn math but I'm naturally bad at it.
>>
>>7714261
she's black
you know it takes them way more effort to learn anything
>>
>>7710208
You think you're so fucking clever
>>
>>7710062
As long as not every degree is a STEM degree at least some people will realise it's a worthless piece of expensive paper
>>
>>7710062
Are you butthurt and in denial about all those wasted hours, OP?
>>
>>7712040
Who uses paper money anymore?

Money is just a number now.
>>
>>7710062
>i work all day every day plus overtime for a couple of hundred small pieces of paper?
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.