[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to take unfair tests

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: thinking_pepe.jpg (28KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
thinking_pepe.jpg
28KB, 499x499px
>study for 10 hours for a differential eq. test
>take test
>panic and forget to do 2 easy equations worth 12% of grade
>miss one multiple choice question
>68%

I'm so sad /sci/. I clearly understand the material because I missed nothing on the free-response except what I panicked and forgot to do.
>>
>>7708193
Doesn't sound unfair. You just freaked. Note it, and do better next time.
>>
Fuckkk dude, I know this feel. I literally lost my A in this class because of my algebra mistakes
>>
>>7708193
>study for 10 hours
not enough
>>
>>7708233
>tfw losing points on calculus test because you didn't notice you can simplify sqrt(17/4) further.

All my lost points on calc tests have been because stupid things like that. I've never done the actual calculus part wrong.

That and >Z looks like a 7 in the limits of integration.
>fuck up evaluation

Why can't I just be perfect? It's so annoying.
>>
dude i feel you. on the real though, your grade doesn't impact your knowledge of the subject.
>>
>>7708269
imo, good profs make tests where mistakes like that are difficult to make, or easy to notice when you're working through the problem. You should show you know the coursework on tests, not show that you're an amphetamine fueled math robot.
>>
>>7708193
>>7708269
>it's unfair that I'm retarded!

Wrong, people are made unequal.
>>
>>7708193
Did you study for 10 hours continuously or 10 hours total, or ~1-2 hours at a time? Reviewing over a couple days' time in intervals like that is a much better way to study.
>>
>>7708403
All that elitism in one post.
>>
If the material you're being tested on doesn't feel normal or familiar then you are not ready for the test. You need to make it part of your life and make it seem normal.
>>
>>7708193
Grades dont mean jack shit, the fact u made a "stupid mistake" and not a fundamental one means you probably understand the material

also
>test
Are you in highschool? If so than it really doesn't mean anything just remember it next time and ace your exams
>>
>>7708193
I have done on both physics and math tests this semester. And it fucking sucks because as soon as I get the test back and go home I can easily do all the questions correctly (without looking up the answers).
>>
>>7708193
I feel ya man.

One time I accidentally skipped two pages in the SAT. Didn't realize till I was onto the next section.
>>
>>7708193
You're not a good-enough-boy. Your professor won't be giving you any candy and you won't be deserving any.
>>
>>7708406
Did all my homework on time, got at least 90% or more on every homework, studied 10-15 hours the day before the test reviewing everything. This 10-15 hours was split up on two days.
>>7708436
I understand the material well and I know I do. I'm in first-year uni.
>>7708385
Nah dude it's the multiple choice that's killing me. On free-response I legit got close to perfect both tests (~97). MC? 70 one time, 43 another time, 75 another time. And the culprit is having 4-7 questions of MC worth 50% of your grade. Plus no guessing cause you don't get points if you don't show work.
>>7708261
dude I had 4 tests within a two day period I legit didn't have more time to study. 10 hours is more than enough because desu, I could have studied 5 hours and gotten the same grade minus like 5 points. It's stupid.

I just feel like I'm screwed for grad school. Like my GPA is gonna be a 3.5+ but still, not enough for a top 10.
>>
>>7708860
I think it's a little early on to be freaking out about grad school. You haven't even really gotten into your field yet.
>>
>>7708865
Nah, I know I'm going into CS and later AI or Machine Learning. That's why I'm taking Diff Eq. even though it's not in my major. And I need to plan early so I can get into a good school. Getting into my major is a joke my GPA will be way above the threshold so no problem. But. point taken, I am a bit early to freak out, but everything counts. You think once I finish diff eq and multivar I should get a textbook, become really good and then write programs using such knowledge?

Either way, these tests with one multiple choice question being the difference between a A and a B is stupid.

Hm, education needs to be focused on understanding and application, but teachers and profs are far too busy/lazy to waste their time grading projects and full free response tests when they could just feed a bubble sheet into a machine.
>>
>>7708193
You're making poor excuses. Work harder next time. You only studied ten hours? No wonder you got a shit grade.
>>
>>7708884
10 hours before the test. More than 40 if you count doing homework and practice quizzes every week. And I can't work any harder, I had other classes to dedicate time to. I was 2 questions from a 98. 2. And they were the easiest of them all.
>>
>>7708896
If you can't do the time, don't do the crime.
>>
>>7708901
I swear I didn't steal the missing eigenvectors
>>
>>7708896
He's trolling bruh
>>
>>7709139
Yeah ik but 10 hours is really not enough to truly understand the material
>>
File: 1419893790838.jpg (35KB, 534x640px) Image search: [Google]
1419893790838.jpg
35KB, 534x640px
The fucking worst is when you realize what you did wrong a few minutes after you turn it in
>>
File: 1446784385927.png (286KB, 593x441px) Image search: [Google]
1446784385927.png
286KB, 593x441px
>>7709367
>take exam
>think you did good
>go to sleep
>start thinking about exam
>figure out the answer in your dream
>wake up mad as fuck

I hate that shit.
>>
>>7709375
THis happened to me
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.