[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What makes you so happy in maths?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

File: images.png (7KB, 263x192px) Image search: [Google]
images.png
7KB, 263x192px
>>
>>7708146
When I manage not to fuck everything up completely and feel like an utter failure. The only reason I try hard anymore is not to have that feeling again ;_;
>>
>>7708149
Fucking up in math gives me an insurmountable rage rather than depression
>>
That pic with many of the mathematical symbols we use.

Getting 1 or 0 as an answer.
Knowing the 'trick' to the problem off-hand.
>>
>>7708154
>Getting 1 or 0 as the answer
>The 'trick'

Freshmen taking engineering mathematics need not reply
>>
>>7708155
muh obscure identity
>>
i don't know a lot of maths so learning and understanding a totally new concept is really cool
>>
>>7708157
>not proving cauchy-shwartz and other related shitty identities every time because you just can't remember them

gid gud
>>
>>7708162
I don't remember them, nor can I derive them every time.

feels good being retarded.
>>
File: 1449599391101.png (6KB, 263x192px) Image search: [Google]
1449599391101.png
6KB, 263x192px
>>7708146
I could not help but notice your png was not optimized anon.
I have optimized your png.
Your png is now optimized.
>>
>>7708146
Going past limitations. For example i was teaching A Level Logarithms and we worked a way to find answers for logarithms of negative numbers using complex numbers That were just given as undefined in the textbooks
>>
>>7708149
This was basically me in high school. The fear still persists to this day.
>>
>>7708162
>deriving the derivative and integral of a^x every time using implicit differentiation
Feels good man.
>>
I once snuck my phone out during an exam because I wrote the most perfect "The" I have ever seen. I needed a picture.
>>
>suddenly see pattern
>prove pattern
2bh
>>
>>7708146
When I make a great generalization about any certain behavior.
>>
Guys seriously how fucking sick is cohomology?
>>
>>7709218
I only understand De'Rham and Dolbeault cohomology, but it is pretty damn cool. I'm trying to into sheaf cohomology but I can not get any intuition for what a sheaf is.
>>
>>7708146

When my calculations are correct and I get the right answer... ;__;
>>
First semester in Electric engy pleb here.

Always loved it when i'm doing homework and the newly introduced concepts start "making sense" so that everything just clicks.
Turns out Linear Algebra is a course made entirely out of these little math orgasms (inb4 reddit speak) in succession three times a week.
Every time I don't understand something completely I get to ask my 'secondary' teacher who's a CS major who absolutely LOVES Linear Algebra. Spends every class explaining the concepts and how cool everything is.

The professor who looks like an ex army sergeant is an absolute legend.
Calc I is pretty good but not Linear Algebra Good. My friend who's finishing up his Bachelor's in Math asked me if I wanted to switch majors. I'm considering it.
>>
>>7709285
forgot video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pE4LVSESyXc&feature=player_embedded
>>
File: 1415821755541.gif (999KB, 250x251px) Image search: [Google]
1415821755541.gif
999KB, 250x251px
>What makes you so happy in maths?
When you study math long enough that it hollows you out and suicide is no longer a taboo thought.

Now you go peacefully through life understanding that you can quit playing the game any time you'd like.
>>
Understanding the concepts of my work and seeing all of the problems unfold as being logical progressions to an answer that makes sense.

It is not enough to know how to solve the problem, I must understand why the solution is that way.
>>
File: yes.gif (3MB, 412x304px) Image search: [Google]
yes.gif
3MB, 412x304px
>>7708146
>decide to not use approximates until the end like an autist
>keep all the trig functions and the pis throughout the problem
>in the end they all cancel out and leave a whole number or a fraction
>>
>>7708206
>optimized
Completely skrewed up the color balance
>>
>>7709238
Sheaves abstract the notion of local properties. The best example is differentiable functions on a manifold. A nice feature is that we can glue together differentiable functions on small neighborhoods to get a differentiable function on a larger neighborhood.
>>
When you immediately know how to prove a problem in your assignment.
>>
>>7709218
>cohomology
Who is in charge of choosing the names of branches of mathematics?
>>
>>7710170
"Homologous:" of the same structure/shape
"Homology:" the study of homologous objects
"Cohomology:" the dual of homology
>>
>>7709368
Screenshotted and saved, thank you that was beautiful
>>
>>7709368
when do i reach this level of understanding?
>>
>>7708408
Learn your logarithms nigga
>>
>>7708636
Post pics
>>
>>7708146
>integral
That's fucking nothing. Try writing the cursive ΞΎ (xi). Every time you write it you get an absolutely different letter.
>>
>>7708149
Fucking up encourages me to improve, and inspires me to find the true answer.
>>
>>7708146
wut?
The best part of math is being stuck, going "wait a minute!", then furiously writing out the solution you've been searching for all along. All the while swimming in the release of dopamine.

Pfft. The perfect intregal.... Wtf
>>
>>7710100
this is my fetish
>>
>>7710896
Hell, I have the same difficulty with [math]\gamma[/math] and usually just write it as [math]y[/math]
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.