[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Diet & focus

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: 1447342293023.jpg (212KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1447342293023.jpg
212KB, 1280x720px
Hi /sci/,
I'm currently working full time and I have to study after a long day's work.
Before I started at my new job I could study from 8 to 4 while fasting. I found that fasting really increased my focus.
Now, however, I can't do this and found that fasting for prolonged periods of time makes my focus worse, so I need to find a new diet pattern, and maybe a whole new diet as I currently eat lots of sugars and that can't be good for the mind.
Any suggestions? How do I maximize my mental gains?
>>
>>7708104
Who are these seman demons?
>>
>>7708104
I've always found that I unintentionally fast when I'm focused. You just don't think about eating when you're engaged in your studies or project or whatever you're working on.

I gained weight working somewhere where I was bored most of the time. Lost weight when I was working hard with deadlines etc. I wasn't stressed, I guess I just subconsciously thought "I have better things to do than eat".

But if you're having issues concentrating, try preparing a few healthy snacks in advance. Carrots and stuff, simple. Then whenever you feel that bit of "I don't wanna do this anymore" have that 5 minute snack, then back to work.
>>
>>7708118
me on the right
>>
>>7708104
I recommend you check out this guy's talk:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PA-buwI3q4

>I currently eat lots of sugars and that can't be good for the mind.
Just anecdotally I do find that fasting is worthless for me when I've consumed simple carbs.

I'd recommend you try to retain your fasting habits, it has great benefits primarily that you don't have to rush your meals and consume crap in the middle of the day. Try eating decent lean meats and complex for a week (example meal chicken breast+raw carrots) at nights after fasting and see how you feel.
>>
File: 1445941236806.jpg (216KB, 1080x1440px) Image search: [Google]
1445941236806.jpg
216KB, 1080x1440px
I do not know, man.
I have been considering ketosis lately, as I have read that people feel more focused while on it.
Opinions?
>>
>>7708130
You should cycle in and out of keto, don't do it for more than a few days at most. It's better to do it on weekends since the initial phase fucks you up until you get used to it.

Ketones by itself offer little benefit, the increased mental acuity only happens when you have ketones+glyco in your blood, but then it's pretty decent, more proof behind it than any nootropic anyway.
>>
File: 1445917783595.jpg (450KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
1445917783595.jpg
450KB, 1536x2048px
>>7708125
>>7708129
Thanks.
If I continued fasting after work we're talking 24 hour fasts here (eating only once a day).
I'll try to cut the bad food and see if it helps.

>>7708130
Meant to reply to
>>7708118
Don't know who they are.
>>
File: i3.jpg (15KB, 219x233px) Image search: [Google]
i3.jpg
15KB, 219x233px
>>7708126
wanna sum fuk?
>>
>>7708139
What are your qualifications?
As you can see I can offer premium pussy and ass, but only to nobel price or fields medal winners.
>>
>>7708138
Why don't you eat at work? Paid lunch, bruh. Even if you only get 30mins that's plenty of time to scarf down a pizza or whatever else.
>>
>>7708478
Meant to add (despite the pizza comment) that eating healthier generally improves just about everything. Feel better do better. Might take some time to get used to a different diet but you'll notice it almost immediately. And it won't leave you feeling hungry after just eating (think of Chinese food).
>>
>>7708104
You're not fasting enough. Don't be afraid of the hard work.
>>
>>7708104
Try drinking honey and lemon. It seems to supress appetite and the honey is way better than sugar. Cheapest honey you can buy , but need to experiment with the right lemon juice to get a taste you like.
>>
>>7708129
interesting and informative, thx
>>
>>7708104
They're too perfect, I don't believe they are real
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.