[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alcohol

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: Koala.jpg (763KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Koala.jpg
763KB, 1024x768px
Why do I perform significantly better on exams when I've had a drink or two?
>>
>>7706306
you don't, you just think you do because drinking makes you less autistic
>>
>>7706306
Thats a real phenomenon youre not imagining it. The second you have 1 too many it goes the complete opposite direction so reserve the drinks for study time not for exam time.
>>
>>7706311
I'm not autistic, I think. I do notice that I don't overanalyze the questions when I'm buzzed.

>>7706321
Ok, will I.
>>
>>7706306
From what I just recently heard, you do better on exams and whatnot when you're not nervous. Got a bit of Dutch courage, OP?
>>
you're an alcoholic
>>
>>7706306
Relaxation and salsolinol.
>>
>>7706458
I do tend to worry more than my peers when it comes exams. During the exams I noticed less negative self-criticism and also overanalyzing the question was noticeably less.
I speak Dutch (sober too).
>>
>>7706321
You're probably more relaxed and can thus focus better.
>>
>>7707530
Should I continue to do this? Feel guilty for using "drugs" to pass exams and it's not a viable long term solution.
>>
>>7707646
Try cocoa bean.

It's not the same, but it's relaxing and largely an anxiolytic as well. When your body breaks down ethanol into acetaldehyde it reacts with dopamine to form salsolinol. This is what comprises the majority of ethanol's stimulant activity, its metabolites.

Cocoa beans, and dried banana pieces also contain the psychoactive enantiomer of salsolinol. It can approximate the creativity and "upper" action of ethanol, minus the eventual sloppiness.

Also, don't bother feeling too guilty succeeding via drugs. As long as you're using it as a tool, and are well aware it's one you can do at least mostly as well without. I have a strong sense of self disgust for anything I feel is weakness, reliance, or failure. Eventually I realized my intuitive was not quite the correct one or complete one.
>>
>>7707651
Thanks for the tip!
>>
>>7707651
>implying the use of alcohol is less moral than the use of cocoa bean
In the long run they're both drugs. Don't think that one should be preferred over the other because society looks down on it. It doesn't make it any different than taking adderall because of the long term effects.
>>
>>7708807
>>implying the use of alcohol is less moral than the use of cocoa bean
I didn't imply that, or anything about morality, though.
>>
Less anxiety?
>>
try xanax
>>
>>7708807
>Don't think that one should be preferred over the other because society looks down on it.

No, one should be preferred over the other for the health effects, and because there are more effective ways to improve focus and cognition.
>>
File: team-mystery.jpg (42KB, 240x360px) Image search: [Google]
team-mystery.jpg
42KB, 240x360px
>tfw every night i come home from drinking with my buddies i get the extreme urge to write down some rigorous proofs
>>
>>7708834
I suspect I have some deep rooted anxiety. Probably PTSD combined with text anxiety.

>>7709148
I don't want to take medication for taking tests. I'm aware that alcohol is a form of self-medication but I'd rather have a drink than toy around with Xanax.
>>
I would say that you have chronic test anxiety and the drinking leads to less anxiety, therefore allowing you to do better on your exams.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.