[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Adenosine receptor activation research?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: 1340345253953.gif (961KB, 240x180px) Image search: [Google]
1340345253953.gif
961KB, 240x180px
is there or has there been any research projects into creating a stimulant that could activate the neuro receptors that allow the flow of adenosine so a person could forego sleeping while feeling alert?
>>
>>7705366
There's been a pretty decent adenosine antagonist around for a while. Caffeine.

Valerian root for the inverse, although some of its constituents also active GABA-A.
>>
File: 1449484776150.gif (614KB, 240x180px) Image search: [Google]
1449484776150.gif
614KB, 240x180px
>>7705366
I could not help but notice your gif was not optimized anon.
I have optimized your gif.
Your gif is now optimized.
>>
>>7705369
i don't know what you change but I appreciate it

>>7705367
caffeine just lets you ignore the adensine build up, I'm looking for something that allows the flow of adenosine without inducing sleep or intense hallucination.

First i heard of valerian root, I'll look into that.
>>
>>7705366
You seem to have the role of adenosine; you want to block the receptors, not activate them.
>>
>>7705402
>>7705402
the effect of sleepiness is caused by the build of adenosine right? Would activating the receptors result in sleep or is there a way to isolate the function of their activation without passing out, thereby bypassing the urge for sleep.
>>
>>7705415
Are you trying to increase adenosine recycling rate? Activate the vasodilative effects, but no the sleepiness? It's hard to answer.

What you want sounds like an inverse agonist. Hence the valerian root I mentioned earlier. But the affinity for GABA-A kind of gets in the way of what it seems like you want to do. I don't recall what constituents serve which function. Isolated isovaltrate is sold commercially though.
>>
>>7705418
I feel like I'm out of my league talking about this. Had to look up a lot of the stuff you mentioned. But yeah an inverse agonist sounds like what I'm looking for. I don't quite understand why GABA-A would be getting in the way of the desired result. Does it disturb adenosine receptors?
>>
>>7705434
GABA-A agonists produce an inhibitory effect on nerve firing. More or less, as a sedative. Which can simply be relaxing, or act as an anxiolytic, but can create drowsiness and a sleepy effect as well. Though I haven't seen that alerian cuts into cognitive ability much, it makes me sleepy... eventually.
>>
>>7705366
I think my macbooks on some sort of stimulus, you should ask it
>>
>>7705459
dude what the fuck are doing? using a mac? That better be a linux OS
>>
>>7705396
>allows the flow of adenosine
Do you even have a fucking clue what you're talking about?
Compare and contrast full, partial and inverse agonists with competitive and noncompetitive antagonists. Explain what is meant by "allosteric."
>>
Guys semi- unrelated questions. I don't understand the difference between an inverse agonist and antagonist? Wtf m8.

Also OP try coffee naps bro, take a caffeine pill and then a quick nap, you'll wake up once the caffeine kicks in and feel all good cuz sleep drains adenosine and caffeine blocks it's action double whammy bro.

But if you seriously want the effect you're looking for, look up Modafinil and it's derivatives/chiral isomers or whatever.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.