[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will I still get banned if I post a specific math problem I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: 1420953299983.png (45KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1420953299983.png
45KB, 720x720px
Will I still get banned if I post a specific math problem I'm needing help with, if it's not homework?
>>
No, not as long as it isn't obviously homework, e.g. "Hey /sci/ what's the answer to this question? Thanks". Post it.
>>
>>7700569
If it's highschool tier then obviously yes.
>>
I don't undrstand why people here suddenly came up with that hate for homework. It's perfectly alrught to help others with homework. Just make it clear that it is homework in the OP, and people can give hints or show the general direction or explain how it's done. Giving just the solutions without challenges for the student should be banned, not asking for it.
>>
>>7700605
Same reason for most banned topics: It was, and still is, spammed constantly.
>>
>>7700606
/sci/ is already a low quality board with other shit spammed constantly. There is literally no point in shutting down "homework" threads when:
1) we do not know that it's homework for sure
2) it has the potential to teach some posters of /sci/ things
>>
>math.se
>high quality board
>allows homework help
>/sci/
>dogshit quality board
>shuts down threads regardless of "homework" content
All it takes it for someone to shout "do your own homework faggot OP" and that's the end of the thread.
>>
>>7700577
Highschool tier doesn't even imply under 18, all questions should be welcomed.
>>
>>7700610
You're too short-sighted, I think. If homework were allowed there would be nothing but homework threads. You can feel free to believe this i s empirical bias, but I believe that empiricism will reveal the true bias.
>>
>In 1952, while Einstein worked at Princeton's Institute for Advanced Study, he occasionally helped kids with their arithmetic homework.
unreliable source however
>>
>>7700639
Homework isn't allowed and what do we have instead?
But see this
>>7700626
Some homework threads aren't even homework threads but /sci/ turns it into one anyway by shitting on it.
>>
>>7700639
if it becomes too much, make them do a general for containmnt then
>>
Goddammit, it's come to the point where I browse /b/ for intelligence/anything interesting instead of shithole.
>>
>>7700643
I am going to pretend that is true and tell my arsehole friends who can't be fucked sharing knowledge
>>
>>7700569

Ask about the general principles of the math problem.
>>
homework thread is still 10x better than black holes and quantum physics thread
>>
File: feynman.jpg (151KB, 814x545px) Image search: [Google]
feynman.jpg
151KB, 814x545px
>>7701025
Namely because in a homework thread people generally know what they're talking about, whereas quantum physics threads quickly degenerate into "G-d doesn't throw dice! Einstein was wrong! Nobody understands quantum physics! Why would you do that to a cat?"
>>
>>7700605
But that is one of the rules, and it is annoying.
One thing is someone who is knowledgeable to some degree about the topic coming and making a thread like the guy with this 7 bullshit answers to the millenium problems because then a discussion between other anons and OP can occur and sometiems it can be quite interesting.

But if a faggot with no fucking clue comes asking about how to do some retarded shit nothing of value can come out of that. Even if some faggot comes in and answers every problem what discussion will come from that? Nothing. The OP will just post "Thank you." and fuck right off back to /b/. We should not feed those people.

It is not hard to read about your topic, be able to solve the simple problems in that topic and then come when you have a sort of tricky or complex problem that could actually entertain a couple of people.
>>
>>7700569
> not homework
Are you at the public library then?
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.