[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

USA BTFO by 2nd and 1st World in STEM

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 2

Why can't the US into overall high quality and quantity in science?
How will they survive if only a very small number of people are extremly high qualified while the Rest of the population is literally 3rd world shithole tier education-wise?
>>
Pic obviously unrelateted? Amount doesn't mean quality.
>>
>>7699781
I can confirm so.e countries make it painfully easy for you to graduate.
>>
>>7699781
Yeah right, quality of education obviously sucks in the top 5 countries...

It's measured per capita btw
>>
half the US population is non-whites
>>
>>7699772
>rest of the population is literally 3rd world shithole tier education-wise?
Just like the entire world. Only a handful of people can do STEM. Even in the top 5 countries in your list. Intelligent people are rare. 1 out of 4 people are intelligent.
>>
>>7699818
Sure, my point being, that the US will suffer massiv economic losses (not to speak of negative effects on American society as a whole) if they continue educating the general population at a 3rd world level.
Of course that only applies in case they lose the appeal to well educated and intelligent foreigners to emigrate and keep them on top.
The US is already the cheapest producer in the Western world.
>>
>>7699817
i dont think thats fair anon

the percent of asians with a college degree in the US is higher than the percent of whites

asians are on average more educated than whites in the us
>>
>>7699830
>The US is already the cheapest producer in the Western world.
That's always been the case. The US has the production capacity to make a lot of stuff. They're number 2 in the world. China being number 1. No one is going to replace both those countries for production. Americans are more educated than ever before. The problem is the economy didn't expand to keep up with the educated population. That's the result of bad economic policy.
>>
>>7699844
Fair enough, thanks for your POV.

How well does the average American coming out of the public education system stack up against let's say the average European student? Is it enough?
>>
>>7699844
>That's the result of bad economic policy.

Could you expand, state which policies? Genuinely curious.
>>
>>7699856
About the same. Average EU student is just like the average American student. The American college student on the other hand tend to better than anyone in the world. This is why Americans are very expensive to hire.
>>
File: 1444799638060.png (1003KB, 807x2348px) Image search: [Google]
1444799638060.png
1003KB, 807x2348px
White America is in the top 10 in STEM

Asian America is in the top 3

Niggers and spics drag our averages down significantly
>>
>>7699861
Cutting education funding, lower taxes, and no taxes on derivatives itself. This is a result of Reaganomics. Privatized the profits and socialized the losses. This created a poor education system but failed to create new jobs because taxes are low and companies refusing to take up their share of hte market which the government controled before.
>>
>>7699861

every policy passed by liberal democrats in American history
>>
>>7699874
>wikipedia
Into the trash it goes.
>>
>>7699874
>if we remove our illiterates we fare better
That's valid for any country.
>>
>>7699880

>I don't like the evidence so the source must be bunk

I didn't realize I was on /lit/
>>
>>7699881

most countries don't have a substantial minority population distinguishable by race that consistently scores below the national average in all categories. young black males 15-45) are responsible for 50% of all homicides in America despite being only 6% of the population
>>
>>7699886
This is the biggest bullshit I've ever read. You obviously have no idea what you're talking about.
>>
>>7699886
Same for Europe if you replace niggers by sandniggers. OP's observations still hold.
>>
>>7699772

Bullcrap, I've consistently BTFO out of Asian Americans, Indians, and [insert other nationality here] that supposedly is taking all of our jobs because we are too dumb. I'm pretty smart but I have a legendary work ethic.

It's the gibmedats that bring the average down.
>>
>>7699839
That's all accountable for by anti-white ideologies or laws/policies.
>>
>>7699772
HAHAHA, Australia beats the States!
>>
No Child Left Behind.
>>
>>7699903
There's a black guy on my physics course who does the same thing. Exceptions don't disprove the rule. Asians are outperforming you sad sacks.
>>
>>7699907
>That's all accountable for by anti-white ideologies or laws/policies.

Except it isn't and you're an idiot. Affirmative action hurts Asians more than it hurts whites. Please leave /sci/.
>>
Women and unqualified non-whites, not even memeing.
>>7699981
it's still contrary to whites and meritocracy as a whole.

https://www.insidehighered.com/news/2015/10/27/study-finds-race-growing-explanatory-factor-sat-scores-california
>>
>>7699999

So you agree that whites are inferior to Asians.
>>
>>7700003
inferior is too loaded of a term, but yes asians have elevated visio-spatial IQ, hence the good at math trope. There is also a canard that east asians are prone to academic dishonesty and there may be something to that as well. But promotion of losers at the expense of even slightly-less-exceptional whites/asians/etc is still an injustice of social justice.
>>
>>7700017
top kek. You people have no problem using words like superiority of blacks and ignoring other factors, but pull out the excuses when it comes to asians. gg
>>
>>7700017
>whites/asians/etc

still trying to piggyback on superior races I see
>>
The race thing may have a small impact, but really, the reason the US does so poorly is because public schools in cities are terrible because the hiring of teachers is done on a political bases rather than trying to get good teachers.

Also, american youth culture is very anti-intellectual.
>>
>>7700020
I personally don't like using the terms because it attracts the wrong kind of people when discussing the evidence, stormfags and SJWs respectively. Whites are inferior on the average in this context but that's not what i'm trying to get across.

>>7700023
affirmative action benefits talented and untalented under-repesented minorites alike, I don't see why they shouldn't be singled out when the program is designed to work against them.
>>
Europe & America = relatively small number of people interested in STEM. Lots of people don't see it as integral to their futures so they don't care. So lots of people suck at maths. But those who choose STEM do it out of interest. They figure out what they want to do and become the best at it.

Asia = everyone is forced to do lots of maths at school, because if you don't get good at high school maths then you can't go to a top university due to the selection criteria often being entirely dependent on test scores (or family money, that is, like everywhere). And in Asia's more hierarchical societies, getting in to a top college is more important. Asian immigrant families often bring this mentality with them. So Asian kids spend a lot more time doing homework, especially when it comes to basic maths problems. Result: lots of Asian kids are very good at basic maths/logic problems and their averages in terms of school (note: not college) are noticeably higher than others. But they have been forced in to a trade. Many have had their creativity and enjoyment of the subject beaten out of them by the pressure of their system and parents. Also, having spent all that time memorising stuff, they often also lack the communication and co-operation skills necessary to be useful team members in projects. One thing I see with quite a few of my Asian students is that the satisfaction they get from their studies seems to come mostly from beating friends in tests and correcting friends when they get something wrong - in other words, being unpleasant smartasses. These guys then reliably struggle with project work and are unable to come up with their own ideas. "Tell me what to do and I'll do it" is their mentality. (Or maybe "tell me what to do and I'll pay a poor postgrad back in China to do it"). This mindset can pass tests and make a good accountant or a research scientist told to make lots of repetitive observations, but it isn't going to invent anything or change anything.
>>
>you = a failure
>>
>>7700116
So that's why the top 10 has s. Korea as the only asian nation?
>>
>How will they survive if only a very small number of people are extremly high qualified while the Rest of the population is literally 3rd world shithole tier education-wise?

Quality over quantity op, yeah you have nations like China pushing higher numbers of people in stem feilds but if none of those people come out with anything "ground breaking" you basically come up with human drones. Which are kinda useless since we now have computers who can fill those roles.

That's why countries like the U.S., Germany and Japan are still dominanting despite lower population numbers because computers do the bulk of the bitch work and number crunching people used to do.

This is why you are starting to hear more complaining about how machines will eventually take over everyone's jobs. Because who gives a flying fuck if x or y country is producing a bunch of above average IQ kids when my fleet of future quantum computers with potentially "spooky entaglement physics" can do the same thing quicker, cheaper and without pay or health insurance.

Welcome to the new age where the only things large portions of the population can significantly contribute to mankind is economic fuel (consumerism) to make companies move or contribute bits of information to a virtual "hive mind" the i.e. internet.
>>
Turkfag here, this list doesn't mean shit. There's a painful discrepancy among schools here.
From where I graduated we had a decent education, but at the school that I TA now, the professor asks the kids in the quantum mechanics exam: what is the eigenfunction of e^x, and the kids cannot do that and come ask me about it...

I've yet to see a publication that actually matters save for one or two. It's all pesticides, useless organic compounds etc
>>
>>7701185
You're just jelly that you're below African countries.
>>
>>7701189
Did I sound jelly? Sorry, I tried to mean that Turkey should be far down on the list

Though I know it's almost the same for all other countries up there, "real" science is undertaken by almost none
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.