[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is physics just pure applied mathematics? pic unrelated

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: 1446383175591.png (2MB, 967x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1446383175591.png
2MB, 967x2000px
Is physics just pure applied mathematics?

pic unrelated
>>
File: physics and math.png (8KB, 415x157px) Image search: [Google]
physics and math.png
8KB, 415x157px
>>7696948
>Is physics just pure applied mathematics?

No, physics is just applied pure mathematics?
>>
>>7696948
No, it makes several additional hypothesis such as the causality principle.
>>
>>7696948
why is eric raymond in this picture?
>>
physics is applied arithmetic
>>
File: 1445972997134.png (16KB, 313x315px) Image search: [Google]
1445972997134.png
16KB, 313x315px
>>7696948
physics is the desire by the rationalist to make math relevant, that is to say to connect math to empirical data.
>>
"Pure applied mathematics." My mind cannot wrap around what you think you are saying. But I'm pretty sure it's stupid.

Physics is one part empiricism to nine parts mathematics.
>>
>>7696948
Physics is an attempt to make sense of our socially constructed reality and is itself a social construct. There are no facts, only opinions and intersubjective agreements among people who socially construct reality in similar but subtly different ways. Other people socially construct reality in radically different ways. Christians believe in a God and so they have the physics of God which is also known as metaphysics. Mathematics
>>
>>7698147
No there are no others, there is only me the unique one, the creative nothing.
>>
>>7696948
Computer Science is applied mathematics.
>>
>>7698147
fucking hell goddamn
>>
>>7696948
You will find a lot more pure maths in certain areas of theoretical physics than you will find applied maths. String theory makes a lot of use of algebraic geometry for example, and there are a lot of topological ideas in quantum field theory. These methods have led to new ideas and theorems in pure maths, and in other areas of physics (the LHC couldn't have detected the Higgs boson without techniques developed in string theory).
You do need more than just maths to do physics though - there are plenty of mathematical theories & results that have no physical meaning.
(cont.)
>>
No. You apply maths in physics to real-world problems, but it is not applied math.

Because
a) you do more than just mathematics (physical reasoning
b) there are other fields that apply math
>>
>>7698147
Making something so confusing, even for yourself, does not make it smart and/or relevant. This is stupid and so are you.
>>
>>7698147
if all of you faggots are so smart how do you fall for bait this obvious? shaking my head, to be honest family
>>
>>7696948
No. Physics, mathematics, and philosophy are just a triangle of applications on each other. All fields of study are applications of the triangle, and everything is an application of religion.
>>
>the APPLIED meme
Please, just ... kek
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.