[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

JSTOR File Compiling Motive-Aaron Swartz

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: climate change.png (18KB, 420x378px) Image search: [Google]
climate change.png
18KB, 420x378px
Psychology question.
I tried to ask this on Reddit and was banned.

So my thoughts on this are connecting:
A. Why take the files?
B. Why such an aggressive prosecution
C. Why kill himself

A. My thoughts are that he said he was trying to compile data that may prove biase and/or skewing of statistics and information leading to scientific consensus supporting c02 as the cause for global warming. The rest writes it's own story in connection to B and C.

Also, would there be a way to "carry the torch" and try to complete what aaron seemed to be trying to do? From what I hear, this was his main intention and all the media I read on it underplays the climate research as insignificant.

Please no trolling on this I am completely serious and very concerned about this and am wondering if someone knows someones contact that I can followed the thread on this.

Thank you all for your thoughts.
>>
>>7696664
This is nonsensical on many levels, go see a psychiatrist.
>>
My psychiatrist is who suggested that I vent this on 4chan
>>
>>7696708
I highly doubt that, why would your psychiatrist want to subject you to ridicule. First of all, the idea that there is a massive conspiracy to promote global warming among scientists, and that the government prosecutes or kills people because they are looking at the statistics of global warming research (which is widely available information), is absurd on its face and indicative of a paranoia complex. Second, Aaron Swartz was very liberal and actually campaigned in favor of reducing fossil fuels.
>>
Yes he did in the beginning of his interest in 2008. By the time he download JSTOR he openly admits questioning the reseach and data. Which is why he downloaded JSTOR to begin with. This is all provable.
>>
C'mon, no one will even troll me on this? Dead as a crappy stand up show? Why no one has an opinion?
>>
>>7696664
If there is a conspiracy there must have been something important in JSTOR they didn't want him to discover, but if that is the case, why allow students access to any individual piece of information in the network in the first place?

Any would be researcher can subscribe to JSTOR and gain full access to individual pieces of information.

It is more likely their motivation was to protect information that took millions of dollars of R&D investment to discover and Aaron Swartz committed suicide in large part due to undiagnosed mental illness.
>>
>>7696664
A. He believed research paid for by public money should be freely accessible to the public that paid for it.

B. Middlemen felt their easy money from rent seeking was in danger so they pushed the feds to prosecute. The feds have a conviction rate in the high 90s because what they want is for you to agree to a plea bargain. To accomplish this, they hold a very severe punishment over your head. Most people agree to a lesser sentence. Swartz didn't, so the feds had to make an example of him so others wouldn't follow his lead.

C. He was mentally unstable. The aggressiveness of the prosecution pushed him over the edge.
>>
>>7696783
>undiagnosed mental illness
Think his mental illness was already well known, at least by those around him.
>>
THE POINT IS that he had a program that would compile massive amounts of data and he somehow used this to come to powerful conclusions in the past. Let me find an except link to a video kind of explaining how that worked.
>>
Okay here it is, The supportive evidence towards my theory. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXr-2hwTk58 @ 53:15 (skip to there) then watch at around 55:10 is where my thought grew on this idea. It is absolutely plausible.
>>
>>7696843
All you did was twist something Aaron Swartz did to fit into your paranoid conspiracy. It's not plausible and doesn't even make sense.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.