[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

DRUNK STEM moments

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

File: geometricallybrah.jpg (265KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
geometricallybrah.jpg
265KB, 1440x1080px
>be me a couple of hours ago
>going home after drinking a fuckload of shit at a uni party
>drunk as fuck
>pure math student
>Start drunkenly thinking about mathematics
>Think of something that had never crossed my mind
>Logical proof that composite numbers exist and that there are infinitely many
>Now it sounds stupid but it engaged me for a couple of minutes

Drunk Theorem #1: Composite numbers exist and there are infinitely many.

Assume that there are no composite numbers. In other words, no numbers that are made by multiplying primes with each other. These numbers, which are not primes, are therefore only made by combinations of each other.

Counter example: 4. Which is (2)(2). So we know that there are composite numbers.

So lets now assume that these composite numbers exist but there are only a finite number of them (maybe only 4).
That means we can list them as
4,6,.., N
With N being the largest composite number. But we can form a number by multiplying
4*6*...*N and if we replace these composite numbers with their prime factors as:
4*6 = 2*2*2*3
we have a multiplication of primes that form a new composite number that is not in the list.

So we add this new composite number to the list but then we can do the same operation infinitely many times. Therefore, there are infinitely many composite numbers.

QED

That is almost exactly how I worded that on my mind back when I was originally thinking of it. Is there are mathematics professor at Standford who'd like to rate my drunk proof skill?

Anyways, does anyone have similar stories? Maybe another drunk theorem? Maybe an EE guy thinking about circuits that don't make sense or whatever?
Just share it, I know you faggots get drunk too.
>>
>Once I got drunk and decided I could get laid easier by tricking girls with my scientific knowledge of the vagina.
>And it worked.

Drunk Theorem: Knowledge is sexy.

By tricking girls into thinking I know exactly what way to tickle their clit and I can make them orgasm in minutes, I can get them back to my place in no time.

Counter example: getting slapped. Hard.

But let's say you're at the bar. Dressed nice.
>walk up to inebriated 8/10 grill
>hey my name is blank, I bet I can make you orgasm in minutes
>swiftly get slapped across the cheek
Probably setting the bar too high for an example but hey.
>walk up to inebriated 6/10 this time
>bet I can ask you one thing and you'll immediately want to sleep with me
>plz no slap
>"uhh, lol okay I'll bite"
First test subject.

This girl was in college I'm assuming.
I offered to take her to a nice restaurant and get her a drink somewhere more confortable. We drove to this place down the road, walking distance really. I'm making casual conversation and she's asking what I plan to ask her that's so "orgasmic". I tell her she has to wait.

>arrive at this place, thankfully were wearing the right formal attire
>order our food and drinks
>the whole time I'm not even really flirting openly with her but I still have her interest.
>making more casual conversation. Abruptly and without warning I immediately say, in the middle of her speaking..
>"when's the last time you orgasmed in another man's bed from nothing but the tip of his penis"
>"how good was the orgasm itself? How long did it last?"
>immediately tosses back her drink
>shocked I'd ask such a thing
>but she obliges me with this answer: never before have I been asked that and basically she says no that's never happened to me and I'm not sure how that's possible
>lol so this is the question
>have you had enough to drink to want to fuck me yet?
>laughter,followed by a yes and a quick ride to her place
>doesnt matter had sex
>>
File: astronaut.jpg (563KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
astronaut.jpg
563KB, 1080x1920px
>>7693402
>going home after drinking a fuckload of shit at a uni party
>pure math student

and they wonder why they aren't taken seriously?
>>
>>7693402
>be me
>be conformed to a pathetic society
>think anything I have to say is worth listening too

sorry OP, can't get past >drunk as fuck
>>
>>7693480
She chose you the minute she responded to your first inappropriate question with not-fight-or-flight, moron. Everything after that was you capering around for her amusement while she waited, secure in her "yes," for you to proposition her directly.
>>
>>7693600
Don't most women make that subconscious decision when they meet a guy for the first like 7 seconds?
>>
>>7693402
Literally what. You cover this EXACT SAME PROOF in any first-year math degree. In fact, as a fucking exercise in chapter 1.
All you did was get drunk and remember it, or make a post about how you're seventeen years old.

The first case is nonsense, since fucking hell how do you not take number theory and see this proof four more times?

tl;dr underageb&
>>
>>7693402 (OP)
Inductive hypothesis was absent. I don't believe your proof. I will give you that composites exist though.

I will prove that there are infinitely many composites with cardinality.
By Euclid: https://primes.utm.edu/notes/proofs/infinite/euclids.html

There are infinitely many primes.

A number is a composite number if and only if it has more than one prime factor. (This is equivalent to how you found their existence.)

This implies that the square of a prime number is a composite number.

This implies that there is a function from the set of primes to the set of composites that is necessarily onto.

This implies that the cardinality of the set of all composites is greater than or equal to the cardinality of the set of all primes.

This implies there are infinitely many composite numbers.
>>
>>7693480
That sounds really exciting and really boring.
>>
File: image.jpg (29KB, 392x366px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29KB, 392x366px
Well! I'm off the sauce, as I tend to remove my shirt when inebriated, but the last time I got thoroughly plastered I climbed into a gentleman's lap, caressed his face, and explained the basic principles of neuroanatomy for an hour while intermittently drinking my second bottle of red wine. He was somewhat perplexed

>pic related
>>
>>7693809
I would find that more amusing than perplexing. We would be instant and lifelong friends.
>>
>>7693809
That sounds adorable, anon
>>
>>7693802
The idea was to steal her attention and I did
And to get her to let me fuck her and I did
>>
>>7693800
>onto
you meant 1-1

>>7693936
>2015
>not being gay
>>
>>7693575
Confirmed for butthurt virgin.
>P-people partying and having fun hurt my feelings because I'm never invited to such events!

That's pityful.
>>7693792
What the fuck? What kind of retarded math course thinks it is okay to waste their students' time with a proof that COMPOSITE numbers exist. That's bullshit. I've even read various "How to prove it" books and they never fucking mention composite numbers other than in proofs involving prime numbers. If you needed a teacher to tell you that composite numbers exist then you are probably retarded. Or as retarded as a drunk me.
>>
>>7693610
That's speculative, but remember that most women have an added dimension to one-night stands: the worst case scenarios for them are significantly more likely to include robbery, stalking, rape, or murder than for the average man.
That adds a level of survival instinct to the sizing-up process. The longer one communicates with a predator, the more likely one is to be identified as a target. In addition to more superficial concerns, that underlying anxiety is going to make women more picky ceteris parabis. (There's a similar, far more banal phenomenon with people who worry about 'social suicide', and those are the idiots who might slap you).
Offering a women straight up, "want some fuck?" is appealing not just because it spares the woman the anxiety of wondering if you like her too, but because it also provides a clear opportunity for you to be told "no" and leave her alone.
Someone who intends to assault or harass her is generally not risk losing their prey with a gamble like that, since a) they likely have a more meticulous plan, and b) such behavior is going to draw unwanted attention
>>
>>7693402
>pure math student
good luck finding a job, anon
>>
>>7694128
Well memed my friend!
>>
>>7694119
>Offering a women straight up, "want some fuck?" is appealing
No it's equivalent to actual rape check your privilege shitlord
>>
>>7694207
Tumblr womyn and reddit manginas pls go.
>>
For some reason whenever I drink more than 4 beers I always want to do maths proofs when I get home afterwards.
>>
I would like to submit my formal proof that op is a faggot. The proof is by exclusion so we will begin with the assumption that op is not a faggot. If op is not a Faggot then his post would not be homosexual in nature. However upon observation the original post is found to be quite gay. We must now determine if it possible for an original post to be gay while being posted by an OP who is not a faggot. We find that homosexuality and heterosexuality are mutually exclusive, and all posts maybe by heterosexual posters are themselves heterosexual. Therefore we are forced to conclude that this gay ass thread exists if and only if op is a faggot
>>
>>7694106
your argument implies he wishes to partake in such events.
not only are you pathetic, you are pretentious
>>
>>7693610
>Don't most women make that subconscious decision when they meet a guy for the first like 7 seconds?
Maybe not yes-vs-no, but I'm pretty sure they have a "veto period" that's considerably shorter than a second.
>>
>>7693809
I really hate it when people do this.
ARE YOU A MAN OR A WOMAN????
>>
>>7694396
FUCKING THIS
>>
>>7694396
Well are you a man or woman ?
>>
>>7693809
pretentious as fuck but if youre female or vaguely feminine please love me.
>>
>>7694207
Go back to tumblr, SJW faggot. Rape=penetration.
>>
>>7693809
>neuroanatomy
>STEM

the 'S' doesn't stand for 'stamp-collecting'
>>
>>7694878
Is this next level bait?
>>
>>7694106
No dumbass. You literally just copypasted Euclid's proof of infinite primes and replaced the word "prime" with "composite."
>>
>>7694207
Fucking kill yourself shitlord
>>
>>7695978
No he didn't. It has the same general form but you can't just replace "composite" with "prime" in what he did and get a correct proof. Taking the product of the primes isn't going to give you a prime number. You have to add one to that and prove the new number is coprime to all of the primes in your list.
>>
>>7693402
>drunk as fuck
Hello OP, enjoying your first semester?
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.