[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Causes of Autism

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 6

Can autism be genetic
I heard some where that it can, and I'm slowly being convinced. My brother is retarded with traits of autism. My Dad gets obsessed over the same things over and over again. If I have it, then it will explain why me and the rest of y family are such betas. I know that the causes of autism are unknown, but what do you all think?
>>
>>7691009
No, autism is exclusively cause by vaccines.
>>
>>7691009

Probably multiple etiologies, one of which is probably certain chromosomal duplication events. Those types of chromosomal abnormalities can be inherited in a Mendelian fashion.
>>
>>7691012
Are you fucking serious anon?
>>
>>7691009
VACZINES AND SUGAR CAUSE AUTISM IT IS ALL PLANNED byThe ILLuRMINATI
>>
>>7691009
Vaccines ^:)
>>
>>7691012
back to /x/ anon, this is the most retarded thing that I have read today
>>
File: 1153833566376.jpg (52KB, 448x609px) Image search: [Google]
1153833566376.jpg
52KB, 448x609px
>>7691009
(high functioning) Autism isn't real
>>
>>7691084
autism is real, just watch /b/
>>
>>7691012
kek'd
>>7691033
>>7691079
lurk moar
>>
File: 1375179458635.jpg (88KB, 624x866px) Image search: [Google]
1375179458635.jpg
88KB, 624x866px
>>7691087
No, just a scam like ADHD and ADD
>>
Some things that increase risk

stress in mother during pregnancy
ages of mother and father, with lowest chance at around 25 mother and 35 father
general nutrition
geographical location

Places like Minnesota and other hot spots have much higher rates.

https://www.autismspeaks.org/science/science-news/study-finds-high-rate-autism-among-minneapolis-somali-community

Minneapolis for instance has a 1/36 rate for white autism.

That is an extremely high rate.

So it's most likely a complex cause, related to genetics, maternal health, paternal age of sperm, and a host of other factors.

Obesity in the mother also increases risk of Autism.
>>
>>7691100
Those retards must have went on a fucking spree.
>>
>>7691100
>identical to rates of vaccination
>>
>>7691196
And density of micro-transistors. Ok that's probably not quite true. But computers definitely "cause" more "autism" than vaccines do.
>>
>>7691196
and correlated with age of first birth

i blame women desu. especially the old and ugly ones
>>
>>7691084
I have all of them. Guess that's why I'm here.
>>
>>7691084
Spinning objects or yourself is a symptom of autism?
>>
>>7691435
It's different from just spinning around in a comfy chair for a couple seconds. Autists take it a step further.
>>
File: 1448960767887.jpg (28KB, 320x185px) Image search: [Google]
1448960767887.jpg
28KB, 320x185px
Autism is caused by lack of synaptic pruning.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synaptic_pruning

It feels like: you have many pasts, instead of just one; external influences cause 'you are never the same', so you crave regularity in your environment; social interaction is too chaotic, the many possibilities of causes of body language imply that you have to ignore it or take what feels to be a longshot guess; everything feels related, so you can start a conversation and change its direction completely and feel such a thing is natural ie. I can post this picture with this text even though there is no relation, and feel there is a relation and be ready to engage in the change of subject.

This sums up for functional autists.
>>
>>7692089
That explains us pretty well mate. Is there a cure? If not then I'll just blow my brains out like I was expecting to do.
>>
>>7692089
>I can post this picture with this text even though there is no relation, and feel there is a relation and be ready to engage in the change of subject.
They seem related to me. Only autists like Calculus anyway.
>>
>>7691084
Holy shit, I had almost all of these until I was llike, 7
>>
>>7692319
I think that autists having that kind of behavior past the age of 7 is what defines them as such.
>>
>>7692334
I have all of them today and I'm 25.
ALL OF THEM
>>
Can you please post some faces that you think look autistic?
Is there such a thing as a somewhat autistic look to a person? What are some characteristics?
>>
>>7692568
It seems that you are indeed autistic.
That's not a real problem if you aren't mentally challenged.
>>
Autism is normal. Have you seen animals? They are some autistic fuckers.

>>7691084
This describes a cat perfectly.
>>
>>7693978
Same with how cancer is normal, the only difference between cancer rates 100 years ago and now is now we know what cancer is, before it was just natural causes

Autism is only now common as its diagnosed...
>>
>>7691084
Is it inappropriate to laugh or giggle when thinking of something funny? I mean, it's funny, why wouldn't you laugh?
>>
>>7694001
Yes. Think of yourself walking down the street and seeing someone walking then suddenly starting to laugh. It's weird as fuck.
>>
>>7694014
I can imagine that. Why don't normal people do though? Would you not think humorous thoughts or supress the urge to laugh when you do?
>>
>>7693990
No I'm saying autism is normal. Normies are just "educated" autists, they've learned from an early age to act like a normie.

Feral people exhibit all the traits of autism
>>
>>7691196
The rate of diagnosis of a disease is correlated with the rate of disease prevention? How odd
It's almost as if there's some inexplicable link between access to medical professionals and access to vaccines.
>>
>>7691100
Could it be that autism is just diagnosed more now because we have better utilities to do so? I seriously know someone who believes if you aren't walking around actually saying herp derp gibberish, that you are not autistic. She doesn not believe in semi-functional autism like aspergers. I'm just curious as to what /sci/ believes?
>>
>>7691453
>he thinks he isn't an autist
>>
>>7694174
She's a Sith.
>>
File: stop sign.jpg (6KB, 276x183px) Image search: [Google]
stop sign.jpg
6KB, 276x183px
>>7693957
>That's not a real problem
Umm, yeah it fucking is goddammit. I can't socialize...AT ALL. I have trouble talking to people everywhere I go...EVEN MY OWN FAMILY!!! What can I do, sit here and take it? Nah....I WILL NOT TAKE IT.

Is there a way for all this to stop? Please.
>>
>>7691079
Taking the bait
>>
>>7691012
You mean thimerosal, not vaccines.
>>
There are some links between autism and a mutation in the FMR1 gene on the X chromosome, indicating that a cause for autism or autistic behaviors may be sex-linked, which would also explain the fact that males make up near 80% of Autists.
>>
File: binary.jpg (24KB, 284x177px) Image search: [Google]
binary.jpg
24KB, 284x177px
>>7693978
>This describes a cat perfectly.
That's because cats aren't supposed to be small like that. They are supposed to be out in hot savannas, killing zebras, giraffes, and anything they can get their hands on. But are domestication ruined them and now they are all autistic. Humans are doing the same thing with our own species! Even though we aren't getting smaller, which is actually just a process of breeding big cats with smaller cats and repeating the process further, we are all becoming fucking autistic!!! This urban environment takes away the need to survive out in the wild so in exchange we become better in open thinking (that's probably why autistic people are good at math and remembering things) but worse with socializing (we won't need to socialize as much in the future with texting and internet becoming more popular around the world even to this day) and just surviving in general. Autistic people are VERY sensitive to outside influences. Light, sound, taste, smell, and touch all affect us more. I one time cried because somebody kept pointing a flashlight at me. This maybe because our senses are becoming more combined into one. That's why most people with synesthesia have autism (or that's what I think from the evidence I've gained so far). We are good with number because we can assign them with a "feeling" like you assign people affectionately. Even though some numbers could give out a negative feeling (which is a flaw with synesthesia and that's why some people have really weird phobias). Certain textures can affect us in a certain emotionally for no reason because of this.
This is all I could think of for now. There is a lot of research going on with autism and I'm still learning.
>>
>>7694166
Yeah, there is.
I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not.
>>
>>7694656
Basically a mother who has a genotype of XaX for whatever gene carries autism and a father is a non carrier with XY, then the resultant genotypes will be XX, Xy, XaX, and XaY. This will make, hypothetically, a 1/4 chance of having an autistic son, but also a 1/4 chance of having a carrier daughter.
>>
>>7694675
Does this mean autism could spread more rapidly? Can an autistic father in any way carry autism? I am not good with genes and biology in general. ;_;
>>
>>7694687
Of course, this is just one of many factors, and doesn't account for severity. But yes, if chris chan had sex with an autistic symptomatic or carrying mother, they would have a 75% chance of having an autistic child, but if they had a son he would have a 50% chance of having autism.

Assuming the father has the gene for autism on his X chromosome and the mother was a carrier, the genotyps would be XaX and XaY. Now if they had kids, their kids could be XaX XaXa, XaY, and Xy. They would had a 50% chance of having a symptomatic kid, but a 75% chance of having a carrier.

Of course, this doesn't conaider the severity or many other factors that actually determine if symptoms are expressed, some of which we do not know/ have discovered yet. This is all based on a very basic Mendelian understanding of genes.
>>
>>7694687
Continuing, an autistic father could pass down the theoretical gene for autism if his mother was a carrier.
>>
>>7694710
Correction, if the mother is autistic, every kid should express the traits, but if she is just a carrier, one son and one daughter would be spared.
>>
>>7691453
Oh fuck I must be super autistic then
>>
>>7694717
>every kid should express the traits
What the fuck. Either autistic women should not breed or we should invest in gene editing PRONTO.
>>
>>7691084

Those graphs aways make me mad on how much they fit me and I'm an adult.
>>
>>7694660
>I one time cried because somebody kept pointing a flashlight at me.
lol'd
>>
>>7691453
so are turbine engineers extra autistic?
>>
>>7693363

If people say you look smart you are probaly beta and autistic.
>>
>>7694148
Because normal people don't think to themselves like that so much, thinking of that joke requires self contemplation.
>>
>>7694848
Normal people laugh randomly too. It has nothing to do with autism.
>>
>>7694626
>I can't socialize...AT ALL
You are smart enough to realize this. Thus, you are more able to do something about it than a retarded autist who can't even grasp basic concepts of our reality.
I'm not saying that things are easy for you, but that it could be worse.
>>
>>7695439
Except the fact that I didn't realize this when I was younger. I thought I was the smartest person in the classroom and that all the other students were inferior compared to me. I thought I was a goddamned and that everyone should listen to me only, not even the teacher. I would insult the teacher for doing ANYTHING "wrong" and I would be sent to the main office instantly after that. Then I started having tantrums so bad that I would start picking up anything and slashing, throwing it at them. That's when I was sent to the hospital for a month and was diagnosed with autism. I almost killed somebody when I was 12, luckily I didn't. This is what bullying does to autists per se.
>>
>>7695697
Actually nevermind, I never almost killed somebody. I was just lying to get attention, sorry.
>>
There is no proof that there is a "normal"
>>
>>7697830
Yes, there is. They're called "people who don't have autism".
>>
>>7694844
>turbine engineers
>engineers

they are already autistic
>>
>>7697830
autist detected
>>
>>7691009
gaytism is a meme
>>
>>7694846
So high forehead, slightly elongated face, above average looks all in all?
>>
Autism is over-labeled. It's the first thing that teachers or relatives will go to when they see a kid "acting out." More research is showing that children suffering from with bipolar disorder or disruptive mood regulation. The symptoms that they display are usually mistaken for autism.
Thread posts: 66
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.