[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Encryption

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

I'm struggling with trying to understand how encryption works the way it does.

I remember an apology where myself and Lucy want to exchange an encrypted message.

We both have private keys and one shared public key.

I use my message and encrypt it using a private key, then use my public key on it and send it to Lucy. She does the same. Then somehow we can decrypt the message??? I don't understand how this works.

At the end of the day, how is it possible that someone monitoring the network can't decrypt the message?
>>
>>7690487
An analogy*
>>
>>7690487
There is LITERALLY a cryptology thread you could post this in
>>7690323
>>
The public key is used to encrypt a message.
Only the private key in that public/private key pair can decrypt messages encrypted with its public key.

You and Lucy would each have your own keypair and keep your private keys secret. You would each use the other's public key to encrypt messages and use your own private key to decrypt messages sent to you.
>>
>>7690492

Thanks, that thread is interesting!
>>
>>7690487

read a book on it

http://4chan-science.wikia.com/wiki/Computer_Science_and_Engineering#Computer_Security_and_Cryptography
>>
Diffie-Hellman and the discrete logarithm?

I don't have time to go into how or why this works (that would take hours). But just do some reading on discrete logarithms, quadratic reciprocity, and really anything else tangentially related.
>>
File: 1448878746043.gif (2MB, 550x432px) Image search: [Google]
1448878746043.gif
2MB, 550x432px
>>7690487
Saw this in another thread op
>>
Thanks to whoever answered the RSA question I had in the other thread, but I have another one now :
If I understood correctly, https uses RSA in some way, so does your browser check the security key of a website you access the first time you visit it, and warn you if it isn't the same one the next time ?
Some guy told me that you receive RSA public keys from a special authority throught RSA too, is it true ? If so, is there the same issue as before if it's the first time you make contact with the authority ?
>>
Hopeful bump
>>
Hopeless bump
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.