[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is /sci/ the smartest board?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 215
Thread images: 14

File: gravity.jpg (21KB, 1641x820px) Image search: [Google]
gravity.jpg
21KB, 1641x820px
>>
>>7690434
Throw in certain topics and /sci/ shits itself so I'd say no. They're great at their given topic, akin to other boards. Possibly more than most other boards.
>>
>>7690434
/lit/ is better in my opinion.
And I say this as someone in STEM, whose home board is /sci/.

/sci/ is likely a close second though, but is probably beaten by /diy/
>>
>>7690451
STEM means nothing.
If it means something, it's that you've fallen for the meme.
Your opinion is 3/4 of a normal persons opinion.
>>
maybe best at math

at science and stuff that matters, not really
>>
>>7690455
My point in saying I study STEM, is to say that I'm not some tard from /b/ or /x/ who comes here and talks about my quantum consciousness.

And your opinion is worth less than nothing, since you are obviously a non-science butthurt retard :^)
>>
>>7690451
>/lit/ is beter
Redditor detected. /lit/ is a terrible board with a terrible board culture.
>>
>>7690465
>/lit/ is a terrible board with a terrible board culture.
Retard detected.
/lit/ actually discusses topics without the copious amounts of pop-sci bullshit threads we get on /sci/

That you think it is terrible simply indicates you are a completely retard faggot who can't into intelligent conversation
>>
>>7690471
>/lit/ actually discusses topics
Hahahaha. 0/10

/lit/ exclusively circlejerks around calling the names of the exact same meme authors worshipped on reddit, and around kindergarten tier pseudo-philosophy. Any serious discussion about a piece of non-reddit literature is being ignored in favor of brainless pretentious shitposting.
>>
it's funny to see /lit/ talked up here because /lit/ can't stand /sci/
>>
>>7690481
We're fine with /sci/. Scientism and those who only study for careers and not the virtue of learning are those we giggle at.
>>7690479
Haha. Stop using so many meme-words; you look a fool.
>>
>>7690493
>Scientism
>Stop using so many meme-words; you look a fool.
LMAO, shooting yourself in the foot, aren't you? Take your "scientism" strawman back to le reddit.
>>
/g/ is smartest board though.
>>
>>7690493
Trying a bit too hard, friend.
>>
>>7690497
Imbecile please, I was not strawmanning. Learn what a strawman is before you post it again.

I was saying /lit/ giggles at Scientism. How is that a strawman?
>>
>>7690504
There is no such thing as "scientism". It's a bullshit you made up in your sick head.
>>
>>7690507
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientism
>>
>>7690507
I made it up did I? I suppose I made the Wikipedia article? Did I add it to the dictionary as well?

You also didn't answer my question, boyo.

>>7690502
I'm enjoying myself fella
>>
/diy/ is the smartest board.
>>
>>7690514

You sound like a prick. Your attempts to use big boy language don't help.
>>
>>7690512
>>7690514
"Scientism" is an arbitrary pejorative buzzword made up by /x/tard philososhitters who want to claim that science is a religious conspiracy. Complete and utter bullshit. Science works. Deal with it and stay buttmad, deniers.
>>
File: 1428875968733.png (143KB, 997x1809px) Image search: [Google]
1428875968733.png
143KB, 997x1809px
Anyone that doesn't think [s4s] is the smartest board is clearly too unintelligent to get the joke.
>>
/sci/ is top 5 in underage posters. That's why many users can't understand basic high school mathematics and "complex" topics like integers and calculus. Even r/science has less under 18 millenials.
>>
>>7690518
https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Scientism&dir=prev&action=history
Scientism had an article in January 10 2003.

4chan launched in October 1, 2003.

Scientism predates 4chan, and thus /x/.

TL;DR, go kill yourself, retard
>>
>>7690522

even if you're being ironically retarded you're still being retarded
>>
>>7690518
?
Scientism is understood as a form of logical positivism. Science works, yes, but that does stretch into the topic of "scientism"
>>
>>7690517
You're insulting a brick wall of literary excellence, hombre.

And please, 'big boy language'? Is 'fella' such a difficult word?
>>
>>7690525
>psychotic conspiracy theories existed before 4chan
>therefore they are valid
Is this what philosotards call "logic"? Your lack of coherent reasoning is truly hilarious.
>>
>>7690534
I know your trolling; I know the game well.
>>
I'm beginning to believe /his/ is the smartest board on average. I really hope they don't implement flags over there, or all hope is lost.
>>
>>7690538
I ain't even trolling. Just using science to disprove /x/ bullshit. Your problem, if you can't handle reality.
>>
>>7690533

Don't pretend you don't know what I'm talking about.

You come off as pretentious, which is exactly what I'd expect of /lit/.

There is such a thing as using language appropriate to the medium.
>>
>>7690533
fucking lel
>>
>>7690540
It's a mixed bag. Some posters are dullards, some are quite well learned.
>>7690541
;)
>>
>>7690542
Appropriate to the medium? Oh of course! I am on /sci/ after all; please forgive me.

Woops that should have been:

I AM SORRY FOR DOING BIG BOY WORDS, PLEASE ACCEPT I AM SORRY.
>>
>>7690542
>There is such a thing as using language appropriate to the medium.

foreal nigs
>>
>>7690548

Yes, well done. Now you look like a retard and fit in just fine.
>>
>>7690542
>There is such a thing as using language appropriate to the medium.
And "scientism" is not a word of the language appropriate on a board. It is a meaningless reddit conspiritard buzzword and only indicates that you cannot be taken seriously.
>>
>>7690553
*on a science board
>>
>>7690534
Hello arrowcunt, still psychologically damaged?
>>
>>7690434
It's probably /lit/. It's hard to read books and stay completely stupid.
>>
>>7690534
>anything I don't like I will arbitrarily label a "psychotic conspiracy theory"

:^)
>>
>>7690553
If a board discusses philosophy, philosophical terms will be used. Scientism is one of them and is a name for a radical form of logical positivism.

Don't be upset about things you don't understand.
>>
File: reminder.png (1MB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
reminder.png
1MB, 2000x2000px
Reminder.
>>
>>7690563
I bet you /pol/ on average has read more books than /lit/.
>>
>>7690572
Well it's a good thing for you that there's no betting program on 4chan.
>>
>>7690572
Lol...

/pol/ has definitely read more books than /sci/ tho.
>>
>>7690580
Surely /sci/ reads textbooks? 0 books read a year isn't a hard number to beat /sci/.
>>
>>7690580

Reading Mein Kampf every week doesn't count.
>>
>>7690571
/lit/ subscribes to bullshit continental pseudo-intellectualism. They loose all respect in that regard.
>>
>>7690613
At least continental philosophy isn't interfering with science. "Analytic" philosophy is a cringeworthy farce, literally reddit tier.
>>
>>7690527
There is nothing retarded about memes.
You are probably just a rude person who can't appreciate a good meme when you see one.

>>7690522
checked, good double.
>>
>>7690616
but analytic philosophy sides with that which can be objectively falsified. Being correct isn't "muh reddit-tier"
>>
>>7690626
Analytic philosophy is an anti-scientific autism game of no intellectual merit whatsoever. No, calling your baseless opinions "axioms" doesn't make them true.
>>
>>7690626
Falsification is a flawed concept
>>
>>7690637
3/10
>>
>>7690572
> /pol/
> read ... books

HAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAA
>>
>>7690651
Everything I said was true.
>>
>>7690655
2/10
>>
>>7690434
/sci/ in a nutshell:

>30% IQ threads
>20% "lel humanities"
>10% "lel pop science"
>10% 0.99... = 1 threads
>10% pop science threads
>10% math paradoxes dilettante-level
>5% school advice
>5% science highschool-undergraduate level
>>
>>7690690
How do we fix /sci/ then m8?
>>
>>7690613
The continental-analytic division is hard to hold nowadays and it's pretty much dead. The border between the two is diffuse and both use tools of the other, like the use of mathematics (seriously, not like Lacan) and logic in continental philosophy and the use of considered continental thinkers in analytic philosophy (like the recent use of Hegelian thought by analytic philosophers).

>>7690626
>analytic philosophy sides with that which can be objectively falsified
Also happens with most continental philosophers nowadays.
>>
>>7690699
We don't. We ran away while we can.
>>
>>7690571

I've seen this image once or twice before, but now I'll take the bait.

It's 3/10 troll material. Its greatest strength is to mix lies (the image's specific board-by-board claims of intelligence) with the truth (x and b really are dumber than the rest of 4chan ; lit and sci really are smarter than the rest of 4chan) in order to buttress a greater overall ruse.

However, cursory searching of the phrase "Weishaupt's plateau" returns only /pol/ and /sci/ threads questioning the existence of such a thing in the first place, and no wiki is immediately forthcoming. I welcome an external citation using the phrase; nothing else will do.

Next, the methodology blurb at top sounds like it was written by a teenager who is doing his best to both sound smart and "preemptively shut down any push-back from dumber boards", i.e. get dopes like me to reply. He waves his hands at the beginning of the blurb, /and doesn't actually explain how the "results" were obtained/ beyond the phrases in the first sentence. I'd be interested to see how a "double-blind" assessment of individual 4chan user intelligence (implied by the language), later aggregated to correspond to assorted boards, could be performed, whether actually or theoretically. I'm guessing "survey: what's your IQ" is out. I invite another poster to think seriously about how what the picture describes would be done and KEEP ME POSTED..

Finally, /average/ IQs (whatever that phrase might mean exactly, in this context, again I invite /sci/ to help me understand) of 120+ on over a dozen different boards, stretches credulity. As has been said, /lit/ spends a lot of time making Foucault gay sex jokes and /sci/ regularly expends typing energy on .999... = 1 threads. You would need a few Barnetts and William James Sidises here to offset that stuff and end up with what the image says, and although there's some very bright graduates around, I doubt they'd offset that dramatically.
>>
>>7690434

/sci/ IS the smartest board.

As someone who frequents /g/, /lit/, /sci/, and /diy/, the one thing /sci/ has over all of them is an aggressive, quick intelligence. If you argue with someone on /sci/, they're likely to come back with a solid rebuttal (not all of the time of course, like any board).

if you argue on /lit/, someone is going to respond ironically - if they even acknowledge you. it's all elitist high school deans list scholars that read A Tale of Two Cities over the summer in their Sophomore year and decided to be writers.

/g/ is all sysadmins, not even programmers. 75% of them just memorize shell scripts. They don't even know algorithms - kek
>>
>>7690712
The average IQ of a college graduate is 115 according to work by Kaufman. So 120+ for several boards is not completely unreasonable.

Additionally, individuals who are likely to score low in IQ are less likely to post their results, inflating scores.

If you look at the order of the boards in that graph, it appears to be roughly what you'd expect in terms of graduate percentages.
By this I mean, /lit/ and /sci/ have the most graduates (by percentage), /x/ and /b/ have the least graduates.

It seems to me that you are just butthurt, because whatever board you identify with the most seems to be lower down on the list. If you were from a board ranked more highly, you would not be upset in the slightest
>>
>>7690518
>what is hume's problem of induction
>what is basic epistemological limitations
>what is solipsism/idealism/fidiesm/existentialism/egoism

You're right, /lit/ probably isn't as smart as it might like to think - but you can bet they have more emotional intelligence than half of the turbo-spergs here who would suck science's dick for a quark and some Star Treck memorabilia.
>>
>>7690712
>/lit/ spends a lot of time making Foucault gay sex jokes
Smart people like to have fun too, anon.
>>
>>7690613
>loose

Maybe you should go to /lit/ once in a while.
>>
>>7690721
hahah pleb

i bet you think GR is "deep"

and no, that's not GRR martin - lmao

i'm patrish as fuck

new-past-modernism-deontological-sincerity for the world, cunt

[spoiler]is this post ironic? please show your working out in the replies below to three significant figures[/spoiler]
>>
>>7690858

>[spoiler]is this post ironic? please show your working out in the replies below to three significant figures[/spoiler]

By my calculations, your retardation score on a scale from 0 to 100 is 99.99999999...... to 3 s.f. which is just below 100.

>shit memes +3.33......
>shitposting +6.66......
>failed spoiler +30.0
>''lol I'm ironic'' +60.0
>>
>>7690465
lmao /fit/ easily has the best banter
>>
>>7690907
No way, man. /sp/ has the best banter, by far.
>>
File: memeshaggy#23.jpg (36KB, 640x478px) Image search: [Google]
memeshaggy#23.jpg
36KB, 640x478px
>>7690866
CORRECT
>>
Finally, about time we made a thread to discuss the real reason we come here. This thread is now dedicated to the proclamation of our euphoria not because we are amused by some /b/tards shitposting or offended by some /pol/fags racist rants but because we are enlightened by our collective intelligences.
>>
>>7690471
I really thought you were baiting at first but now it's obvious you're just an idiot
>>
>>7690699
Better mods or current ones that would fix on-topic instead of just off-topic discussion.
>>
>>7690758
>/x/ and /b/ have the least graduates
That's because /b/ is literally over 50% underage, the majority of the underage are also too young to be in high school. I know because middle schoolers talk about it sometime but only exclusively /b/ because it's some edgy oasis from rules at their house and school or some shit. That's probably because of 4chan posts on popular websites and young kids who play TF2 a lot. And /x/ is just weird and fucked up as expected.
>>
>>7690914
>>7690907
>*/int/
FTFY
>>
>>7690973
>>7690973
>I really thought you were baiting at first but now it's obvious you're just an idiot

Careful with those mean words anon :^(

This is why no one loves you

You should just kill yourself :^)
>>
>>7691095
>using le ruse face
lol brohoof dude />
funny amirite?
>>
>>7690571
>/wg/ third highest
>>
>>7690781

Of course you're right, I was just having a meme.

>>7690758

Fair reply, except for the projecting.

I still say the image is bogus on both ends. To your point about a college grad baseline, you and I can both reasonably infer that oh, say 20-40% of the posts written on this board don't come from college graduates, much less higher-credentialed people. Stephen fucking Hawking is not posting on this board, nor is Tao, or Perelman. Or if they are, then they are carefully concealing their power levels. So you're being dragged down on both ends, is my point.

I could maybe accept something like a 115-120 average for this board, for example, as real. Not 140+ for this board, much less /lit/. Not without data/links which are conveniently missing, which is my point. And we're no closer on the Weishaupt canard because there's no such thing until someone shows me.
>>
>>7690571
>/sci/ is the second-smartest board

Well I guess that answers that.
>>
>>7690434
I LOVE THE MOUNTAINS!
>>
>>7690538
>>7690533
>>7690514
You sound like you're from nairaland, am i right?
>>
>>7690758
Guys, let's be completely, 100% honest with ourselves right now.

There's now way that any of the boards have a higher average IQ than 120.

Smart people do not spend their time shit posting. They spend their time getting smarter.

I know this because I used to be smart. Then I started shitposting.
>>
>>7690580
>>7690572
/pol/'s reading material is literally dailymail articles and racist infographs

/his/ probably reads more than anybody though.
>>
>>7691285

This nigga gets it. This is what I've been >>7691183 saying.
>>
>>7691288
>pops over to /his/
>scrolls through a couple of threads
Yeah, they're probably the smartest.

Definitely smarter than /sci/. Our mods need to pick up their mod game.
>>
>>7691335

It's a brand-new board, one among several. Hiro is either driving "hi I'm new look what I did" projects during his first year, or else executing a backlog of stuff that moot etc had been toying with before moot stepped down.

But I digress. The point (1) is, that /his/ is a /very new board/ with fewer than 500,000 all-time posts as of this writing. And in 4chan culture, when a new board is created, there is a honeymoon period where people do their best to post above-average content while the board is in its "trial" phase (only instances of removed boards I can think of are r9k and the old /new/ --- pre-/pol/ board). So people get comfy, give the board a culture, and once it's clear that the board is here to stay, things stagnate.

My point (2) is that new users are on their best behavior at the moment since they want the board to live - I do too, it's the best shot at having a place where you can post some damn art history threads without arbitrary mod deletion (they've deleted great threads on /int/, /lit/ and even civil art threads on /pol/, I've seen them disappear). And they're being more thoughtful with their posts than just about any other board as a result.

But check back in a year or 18 months and see what you think, then. Even now, the odd /pol/-tier thread persists there.
>>
>>7690434
its probably /mu/ or /asp/
>>
A combination of /diy/, /fit/ and /w/ is the true masterrace imo

Not my case tho, I'm a /fit/, /int/, /vp/, /sci/, /his/ anon.
>>
>ferchins
>smart

>imblyingn
>>
>>7691445
fit has gone to shit tho

or IDK maybe I have just grown up a bit
>>
>>7691647
Has it? I haven't entered in three months, since I'm cutting and I feel weak as fuck and ashamed to visit it, but if what you said is true, then 4chan has lost quite a nice board.
>>
>>7691668
the last time I was active there was 2012

it's like bb misc now imo. also there aren't any longer super knowledgeable guys
>>
>>7691248
Nope. I am from Uzbekistan.
>>
/sp/ is definitely the best, and I barely ever watch sports.
>>
>>7691792
/sp/ banter is best because it's still tongue-in-cheek racism unlike /pol/ which has become genuine
>>
>>7690652
JIDF pls go
>>
>>7690571
>no /diy/
/diy/ is the smartest board, so much so that their IQ is impossible to quantify and put on a bullshit chart.
>>
>>7690571
>frequent /sci/
>my IQ is 141, according to mensa tests
That chart seems accurate but im willing to bet that no test data went into it. Im pretty sure that the average poster in the low end of that graph isnt clinically retarded.
>>
>>7690451
>debate between asking /sci/ or /diy/ an engineering question
>ask /diy/
>knowledgable of available equipment, very affluent with the science aspects, yet not the engineering aspects
By the way, is it a misconception that parabolic mirrors can focus light coming from multiple origins and angles? I know it can make a radial light a beam, and focus a beam, but I need to focus at least a portion of random light.

It'd be nice if I could do it entirely with parabolic troughs, using wire to brace aluminium foil is much easier than the metamaterial manufacture I'd need to focus random light without mirrors.
>>
>>7692024
Yes. Many small mirrors glued to an old satilite dish. Youre welcome.
>>
>>7691973
PIDF please go
>>
File: literally.png (19KB, 1241x199px) Image search: [Google]
literally.png
19KB, 1241x199px
>>7690571
>/lit/
>147
>>
>>7692409
This is true to a certain extent.
>>
>>7690956
kek'd
>>
>>7690572
"no"
>>
>>7690540
>>7691335

I just hung out there for an hour, and it seems just like /sci/.

Some people try to have constructive conversations that including agreeing and disagreeing on certain point.

Others just call people retards, and shitpost.
>>
File: polwasright.png (56KB, 828x644px) Image search: [Google]
polwasright.png
56KB, 828x644px
>>7690434
>Is /sci/ the smartest board?
no
/pol is by far the smartest board
smart and always right
>>
> /pol is by far the smartest board
HAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAAH
>>
>>7692734
>>7692739

HAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAAH
>>
>>7692739
>>7692741
this is why no one considers you smart, sperging out over obvious bait

fucking cringy
>>
>>7690481
/sci/ can be cool, as long as their the polymath types who can appreciate all kinds of learning - not the autistic physicists who are so entrenched in one model of the world, they loudly proclaim everyone else is an idiot (moreso when they've paid no attention to the huge emotional lessons life can also give us).

I wouldn't mind seeing /sci/ school us some empirical takes on metaphysics, if it wasn't underaged B& kids joining in too.

Really, these two boards should try and encourage a cross-board attitude that helps promote the most holistic form of learning.
>>
>>7692775
*they're

Sorry /sci/, I'd like to say I'm tired but I'm just dyslexic.
>>
/diy/ is the smartest board and /ohm/ is the smartest general.

And do you know why? No homework threads, college threads, or meta threads like this on /diy/. It's only engineers or hobbyists building shit and talking about it.
We get stuff done.
>>
>>7692788
Let's strip this down logically:

The smartest band of boards on 4chan are the slow blue boards, due to the small post rate fostering a tight board culture, a larger focus on thought out discussion and being less of a magnet for shitposting. The smarter level of this category are ones that require expertise to post in, as these only heighten the prior advantages. The very smartest are the ones that require both expertise and are less mainstream (so that normal hobbyists will be less prevalent, and less underaged).

The least smart boards are fast red boards like /pol/ and /b/. The middle tier are fast blue boards like /a/ and /v/. I don't need to explain why, I hope.

Good analogy?
>>
>>7692818
Sounds about right for the most part. Population size seems to have much more of an impact on a board than whether it's red or blue. I'd argue /pol/, despite the racism and misinformed posts, is smarter than /v/ since /v/ discussions are never thought provoking.

Average intelligence being inversely proportional to population size is a pretty interesting concept and it speaks volumes for large democratic nations that rely on the population for decision making.

Sometimes I wonder if an oligarchy would be better.
>>
>>7692833
Democracy killed Socrates senpai.
>>
>>7692833
/pol/ has a much lower rung of intelligence than /v/, and probably a smarter top-tier of posters (why you would be there, I do not understand).

/v/ at it's worst, is just the typical sad NEET. /pol/ and /x/ have a sizeable number of paranoid shizophrenics.
>>
>>7692843
Hmm yeah that makes sense. I rarely go to /pol/ or /v/ so my understanding of those boards are mostly based on what I hear others say. The only boards I can really speak for are /sci/, /diy/, /g/, and /int/
>>
>>7692775
>>7692776

I agree senpai.

I wish /sci/ had a core of legitimate posters. But since our fields are so varied it is more difficult to share a common interest
>>
>>7690451
I second the view that /diy/ is smarter than /sci/. they actually know what the fuck they are talking about there because they've done it as opposed to just read about it in a book. /sci/ is just booksmart i.e can regurgitate a book. This is why /lit/ also beats /sci/ they think for themselves and create their own ideas. /his/ is real smart too, they can argue your ass off about Diocletian's shaving habits
>>
File: 1433041110276.jpg (133KB, 1005x1023px) Image search: [Google]
1433041110276.jpg
133KB, 1005x1023px
Hypothesis: Lots of people on a board hate the main aspect of that board.

/g/ and consumerism
/sci/ and popsci
/pol/ and politics
>>
>>7692871
> /sci/
> popsci

Anon. Is /sci/ really for popsci? or is that just the most accessible topic?

Should we try and get Hiroyuki to create another science board for actual advanced science discussion?
>>
>>7692878
Is /g/ really for consumerism or is that just the most accessible topic?
It contains shopping advice, just like /sci/ contains popsci.
>>
>>7692883
>>7692871

What is the opposite of pop-sci?
>>
>>7692890
Pop sci is basically just science that goes mainstream because of youtubers and shenanigans like that.
So the opposite would probably just be any science that doesn't fit into that category.
Depending ofcourse on how you define opposite.
>>
>>7692972
I want a term though. Something clear. Maybe this is the chance for /sci/ to coin a term
>>
>>7692165
I'd also need something that tracks the sun, and unless I can get that for ~$100, it's above my price range.
>>
>>7692990
A university level scientific concept that can be badly summarised in a Wikipedia article or a ten minute youtube video.
>>
>>7690764
None of your points has anything to do with "emotional intelligence". In fact they indicate a lack of emotional intelligence, because they are primitive and immature.
>>
>>7692184
PDF pls go
>>
>>7692890
Academic science.
>>
>>7692972
Pop sci isn't "science that went mainstream". Pop sci is dumbed down sensationalist journalism for the stupid and uneducated masses, so they can feel pseudo-intellectual.
>>
>>7694197
do u want spok figurine
>>
>>7692409
You know Wittgenstien failed to disprove Goddel's incompletness theorem?

All of maths stems from a base assumption: this will continue working logically, eternally.

It's just a pretty damn good assumption.
>>
>>7694212
>All of maths stems from a base assumption
What the fuck am I reading? You have no idea what you're talking about.
>>
>>7694212
>You know Wittgenstien failed to disprove Goddel's incompletness theorem?

KEK - he never tried to "disprove" it, you bumbling idiot. If you're refering to his remarks in <i>Remarks on the Foundations of Mathematics</i>, Wittgenstein is discussing the implications of Godel's theorem regarding truth predicates on a (meta)linguistic level. Godel's theorem certainly applies to peano arithmetic, but not language. The historical significance of this statement is rooted in Godel's apparent misunderstanding of Wittgenstein - as well as Russell. See Putnam for further clarification.
>>
>>7694212
I don't think that I would classify the central axioms of math as assumptions. They've been pretty definitively proven.
>>
>>7692017

Another self-reportedly very bright guy is basically agreeing with my tl;drs concerning >>7690571, which are here >>7690712 and here >>7691183 .

He smells the bullshit in the above image. Also to his credit, he doesn't believe that even the dumbest boards have an average (45? 60? 80?) IQ.

Assuming your anecdote is truthful, I think the "141" just stuck out at you for obvious reasons, making you just a little more sympathetic to the graphic-but of course you still sniff the Bogus all over. See my tl;drs for an argument against /sci/ actually having an average IQ in the 140+ neighborhood.
>>
The only reason /sci/ isnt as smart as /lit/ is because of popsci and /x/ posters.
>>
/sci/ is shit but has some pretty quality shitposts compared to other boards
>>
No related topic discussions worth replying to, but posting anyway.
>>
>>7694218
You've never obviously explored philosophy with a critical mind. Mathematics is fundamentally based on a rejection of solipsistic and idealistic notions or alternatives. Read Bertrand Russell's (A logical positivist, and tutor of Wittgenstein) "Introduction to the Problem's of Philosophy". He clearly outlines the possibility of mathematics being a false concept right from the first chapter, and rejects it based the idea based on liklihood. But the point still holds, it's an approximation not a fact.

Don't jump the gun too fast.

>>7694371
That's very interesting anon - thank you.

>>7694380
See my post above. It's a damn fine assumption, but an assumption still.
>>
>>7690451
Fucking lit?

Disregard this retard, he clearly just started reading for bragging rights and probably thinks DFW is great. (Hint: everyone beyond hack-writers like Franzen and hack-academics thinks he is shit)
>>
>>7694459
>based the idea based

tired - you get the drift. Empiricism and algebra don't necessitate reality, they're just good ways of sussing it out.
>>
>>7690690
You forgot meme drive.
>>
>>7690471
/lit/ and /b/ are the worst boards atm
please go fap with friends, don't bring your garbage here >>>/lit/
>>
>>7694900
Do you like GRR Martin?
>>
File: Disgust.jpg (22KB, 306x306px) Image search: [Google]
Disgust.jpg
22KB, 306x306px
>>7694900
>/lit/ and /b/ are the worst boards atm
>>
no

see this thread >>7694601
>>
>>7690500
this
followed by /biz/
>>
/sci/ is smartest board I know. /lit/ sucks starcock.
>>
>>7690596
underrated post
>>
Reminder that the insecure part of /sci/ are posting ITT; nothing else.
>>
No, but it thinks it is.

>>7692485

Truth is.. Intelligent people wouldn't be seen dead on a place like /sci/.

/sci/ is where the /x/ come to hang out when the Bigfoot threads are quiet.
>>
>>7695763
I don't think you've ever been to /biz/ if you genuinely believe that
>>
If you take the most intelligent person per board, probably /b/, but it's probably a psychopath.
>>
There are a few objective threads here and there. It looks like that hyper loop thread actually goes stuff. We used to have organic chem threads a lot that a lot of people participated in. The rest is pop sci and shitposting about how great math and engineering is, so no probably not the smartest.
>>
/g/ is the smartest board, these people actually get shit done

what do we do? we discuss philosophical tidbits mainly, occasionally someone here knows how to math but it is all due to rote learning, not actual thinking
>>
Read the posts ITT.

Most posters ITT would fail an English literacy test. Some are just complete imbeciles.
>>
>>7696681
>these people actually get shit done
If installing Arch linux means getting something done...
>>
>>7690434
>all these people who clearly read trashy genre fiction
>>
Well I think that /sci/ is da real mvp.
Im physical chemistry prof. but I have really great knowledge about quantum and organic chemistry as well, I often see questions on /sci/ that I can answer or try to explain but Im just too lazy peace of shit, most of the time Im just reading stuff at my free time rarely taking part in discusions. But what I know and I can tell you for sure, a lot of really great and known scientists are sitting on /sci/.
I have 4 friends that claims to sit on /sci/ often, one is specex EE dude, 2 are physicans, 1 prof and 1 phd that I coworked when doing researches on Manchester Uni, and last one is my brother who is waiter kek
>>
>>7696721
who the fuck writes on the internet with perfect grammar and punctuation anyway except autists
>>
>>7696877
Those who can.

Writing is autonomous. Why write like a retard? Were you taught to write like a retard?

Is it any easier than not writing like a retard?

It's difficult to take a person seriously when they write like a 13 year old.
>>
>>7694484
I guess that counts as pop sci
>>
>>7696850
You manage to type like a retard/autismo however.
>>
>>7690571

was keking along until I saw /fit/ in upper margin

TOP LAUGH that board is for just-graduated /b/tards

literally everyone just recycles old content created in the long-ago heydey of the misc (most of /fit/izens don't even know the forum from which 99% of their culture was appropriated from), also (this is a newer problem) all the crossboarders from 9gag and reddit MY GOD

the board is just fucking unfunny, like at least neo-/tv/ is dumb yet funny, doesn't take itself seriously and creates some-times hilarious original content. /fit/ is literally just a bunch of uncreative morons asking the same questions and posting /fit/ content so old it has a "lolmemes.com" watermark

never Have I found such a higher concentration of clueless Redditors and underaged babbies since I miscalculated and visited /b/, cruising on a wicked porn binge

and there's so much false information and psuedoscience floating around in that shithole, THE WORST PART is that decently intelligent people can be found subscribing to the most retarded beliefs because in general, nerds don't know 2 shits about health and exercise.
>>
since /sci/ wont help me with my homework, no, it's really dumb
>>
>>7697061
waaaaahhhh waaaaahhhh waaaaaaaaa!
>>
>>7694212
Witty never tried to disprove anything. The only claim he really ever made was that every philosophical problem occurs because of a misattribution of context, which is true.
>>
What's stopping people from thinking the universe is falling at terminal velocity
>>
/his/ and /sci/ but the most geniuses are on /pol/ (because famous people browse it)
>>
>>7698110
this is wonderful bait
>>
>tfw always feel like a failure after coming to /sci/
>>
>>7697022
>literally everyone just recycles old content created in the long-ago heydey of the misc

but this is wrong

at least 50% of the shit on misc is appropriated from /fit/

otherwise I agree with you, /fit/ has regressed and is nowadays either rehashed shit from its heyday or unfunny shit

it did give us LONDON tho
>>
File: 128463125421.png (101KB, 846x608px) Image search: [Google]
128463125421.png
101KB, 846x608px
It's [s4s].
>>
>>7690455
>you've fallen for the meme.
What does that even mean? Why is everything on 4chan considered a meme by some faggot who doesn't like something?
>>
>>7698555
The intelligent people need to respond more, if that's the case.
>>
>>7691845
/int/ is the original banter board though.
>>
>>7696924
>>7696924
>Why write like a retard?

Because I'm typing one handed while sitting on the toilet.
It's difficult to type fast and/or use some types of punctuation with one hand on a laptop.

I have my laptop resting on the perpendicular edges of my sink in front of me
>>
>>7696877
>except autists
Where do you think we are?
>>
>>7698446
>implying /sci/ isn't bullshitting 75% of the shit they claim
>>
>>7690434
>sci
a handful of highly inteligent posters who trump every single poster on the site
thrown in with a sea of popsci retards and trolls.
>lit
they're cute but mostly too stupid to do anything
>>
>>7696924
because I'm understood anyway and I prefer to save my energy

also subverting the rules of grammar can be used as a vessel of creative expression but I expect that concept to go over your head
>>
>>7700506
Don't forget all the high schoolers worried about college.

I'd say,
/sci/ Constant threads just measuring brain-dicks. Lots of threads from high schoolers worried about college. On the plus side, each thread has one autist-savant who has studied their entire life for this moment. Also one+ dickhead-thinks-they-are-the-savant, arguing the other side. If you can figure out which is which, you might actually learn something.

/int/ is where /pol/ goes on vacation.
/trv/ (I haven't been there in a while) but interestingly, it was all really helpful normies.

/tg/ old neckbeards trying to ignore the young neckbeards who spill over from /b/, occasionally gets shit done.

/his/ trying hard not to be /pol/ time traveler version, have to wait and see.

Never been to /diy/. guess I'll go see!
>>
>>7700699
/trv/ is a good board in the sense that it isn't filled with armchair experts, usually if you ask about a place you get responses from people who've actually been there
>>
>>7690434
Absolutely not. /sci/ is filled with a bunch of intellectually insecure faggots that have no good qualities, so they fabricate one by adding 15 points on to their online iq test they took.
>>
>>7690721
you are possibly right, you get both the best and the worst here on /sci/

i think /diy/ has the best average, good board in general too
>>
>>7694419
honestly it's the iq that shows you for what it is really, a group with an average iq of 89? one with an average of 120 plus? 14-fucking-7? no, that's silly, i could accept a range between say, 95 and 110 (at the absolute maximum) because you just dont see disparity in iq like this post suggests
>>
>>7691668
it really has, there's only three threads that i can bear, it's fucking dead

makes me sad too, because i liked fit when i found it, ive posted a bunch of stuff there, stories, feels, and even some solid advice, but now you just end up dealing with trolls who suck at trolling
>>
>>7696629
/biz/ is 1% traders and 99% omg how do i get rich in 7 days fags
>>
/lit/ is just lucky, not necessarily more intelligent. they have a hobby that actually requires some self-control to keep it going so most of 4chan doesn't come near the place. probably this works wonders for the board's average IQ. of course the /pol/ crossies shit it up again but at least they're easy to detect.
>>
>>7690721
>if you argue on /lit/, someone is going to respond ironically

that's because irony is the main form of expression in postmodernist literature

/lit/'s issue is that if someone asserts something "pásse"(for the lack of a better word), it's not worthy of a real rebuttal, it's only to be made fun out of.

Meanwhile on /sci/ if someone says something that is logically or scientifically wrong, there's usually someone helpful out there who wants to show the mistakes that the OP made, /lit/ doesn't give a shit.

This is of course about the behavior of the "competent" posters on the boards, both have retards that comment even though they should shut their mouth and apply themselves before posting, but those are easy to spot and ignore.
>>
>>7702754
>that's because irony is the main form of expression in postmodernist literature

in retrospect that sounds stupid and pretentious as fuck but still, I think there's a grain of truth there. irony is just the intellectual climate right now
>>
>>7692734
> pol
> only minorities who are past beyond getting offended or can openly discuss any matter
> no gender studies/ womens studies/ social sciences
> unfiltered sincere discussions without SJW shitposting
> no infantile tumblr / reddit / 9gag autism

It's quite possible /pol/ is the best place to be
>>
>>7692818
The speed of the board is probably the best first dimension. Even when a fast board can be witty (like /tv/, which mostly bland trolling and reposts, but some of them know how to be amusing, or write a nice story), I realize I'm just filtering out all the shit instead of weighting it.
Then like you and >>7701965
I'd look at how selective the board subject is. In some boards ( /o/, /3/) you can assume everyone has at least a certain skill, whereas porn boards have a requirement of having a sex drive and being able to upload.
>>
>>7701965
The people on /lit/ have no tolerance towards /pol/ - fascist writers get a lot of praise like Ezra Pound or Heidegger, but if someone is obviously from /pol/ they are seriously ostracised.

One /pol/ack accused of us "victimisating" him.
>>
>>7701853
Your insecurity is palpable
>>
>>7703057
Some of the discussion on /gif/ is bizarrely interesting.
>>
>>7703084

Majority of the people have and will have politically incorrect opinions and they will constantly be around where as 4chan isn't a SJW administered website. Shitposters constantly try to police the threads and spam whenever they feel "offended".

If only there was a board for hugboxers where not a single offensive comment was allowed, but there isn't. Although if you want such a place, there are other websites just like that.
>>
>>7703091
People are offended by /pol/'s shockingly low level of discourse and ability to argue, not because of your "controversial" opinions. As I said, fascism has intellectual elements that /lit/ can get behind -- /pol/acks just lack all of that, and have ZERO grasp of literature.

It's not wanting a hugbox - it's the digital equivalent of seeing a retard paint shit on your house and telling him to fuck off.
>>
>>7692734

it was 4 years ago you dimwit. /pol/ is filled with redneck cosplayer dwellers with 2 digits IQ atm.
>>
>>7703103
You are clearly ignorant of /pol/ and just perpetuating the same SJW garbage they do over and over again. People never call me or anyone else /pol/ as long as the discussion doesn't take a direction where you have to defend highly contradicting points. After that, it simply turns into a leftwing VS rightwing fight. You talk to dozens of "/pol/lacks" quite happily without knowing they also browse /pol/

Even though I browse both /pol/ and /lit/, where I also have a reddit account and attend there quite often, I don't see major difference in any of them as it relates to the people profile. All of them have their own shitposters and intellectuals only with different opinions about political subjects. The only problem is the ignorant retards like this one : >>7703117 who hardly browse /pol/. If they did, they would see much less than half of /pol/ is actually American and not all of them are extreme racists. But if you decide to take the worse example of a pol user and attribute it to the entire board, you are being ignorant and unintelligible. Which means /sci/ is nothing more than kids asking for homeworks or obvious baiters and shitposters. But you know it's not true since you still hang around here and you can still have actual decent discussions.
>>
File: 4chan IQ.png (1MB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
4chan IQ.png
1MB, 2000x2000px
>>7690571
>posting forgeries
real Image is here
>>
File: 4chan IQ stats.png (929KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
4chan IQ stats.png
929KB, 2000x2000px
>>7703149
You know thats a bait thing right ? The original poster posted lots of versions for boards to use against each other to fuel baiting and shitposting. Funny how /lit/ uses their ones the most.
>>
File: Whoosh.jpg (12KB, 385x335px) Image search: [Google]
Whoosh.jpg
12KB, 385x335px
>>7703152
>>
>>7703156
Then stop baiting already idiot. We have enough boardfight shitposting already.
>>
>>7703134
/pol/ is total shit

Any major part of reddit is total shit. Infact, the sites core ethos are fundamentally sycophantic circlejerking.

Look at the kind of discussion /pol/ has - 1/15th of your entire content has an OP thread with "jews" or "niggers" in the archive as it's very opening post. It's not that I'm offended by it, it's that the kind of people who take up such a sizeable portion of your board (if that many are starting threads like that - how many are posting?) are idiots, there is no way around it. There may be bright people on /pol/, I'm sure there are a few; but they would constitute such an tiny minority that it's hardly a surprise that EVERY board hates your crossboarders.
>>
>>7703174

Not as much as they hate SJW where they constantly try to police every comment and tell people what to do. Also people only hate the extremist racist posts and not politically incorrect ones, considering everyone have some politically incorrect opinions of their own. I browse /pol/ alot and I too hate niggerhate posts or psots like "lets kill all X" crap. Funny enough reddit has quite a lot of politically incorrect discussions as well even though it's seen in 4chan as the fortress of the left-wing maniacs.

Also its quite normal for pol to discuss jews or black people or anything that directly relates to news or peoples daily lives. /sci/ has lots of off-topic threads going on as well but thats not how people stereotype /sci/.
>>
>>7690516
This, probably
Thread posts: 215
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.