[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: God-tier physicists Pic related. The author of A Universe

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

File: 234242342423423423.jpg (163KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
234242342423423423.jpg
163KB, 1920x1080px
ITT: God-tier physicists

Pic related. The author of A Universe from Nothing, in the words of also all time greatest scientist Richard Dawkins:

>Even the last remaining trump card of the theologian, ‘Why is there something rather than nothing?,’ shrivels up before your eyes as you read these pages. If ‘On the Origin of Species’ was biology’s deadliest blow to supernaturalism, we may come to see ‘A Universe From Nothing’ as the equivalent from cosmology. The title means exactly what it says. And what it says is devastating.
>>
>pop science celebrities
>god-tier
>all time greatest scientist

4chan is 18+
>>
>>7690284
But i'm 22...
>>
>>7690300
With the mental maturity of an edgy 16 year old.
>>
>>7690278
You gotta be more subtle with your bait anon.
>>
>>7690341
This is not b8, it's legit thread.
>>
>>7690278
>good because popsci author
>in the words of another popsci author

kill yourself t.b.h. f.a.m.
>>
his new glasses makes him look like a psychologist.
>>
>>7690445
He might as well be. What's the difference between one pop sci field or another?

>>7690353
Then I feel so sorry for you anon. I hope some day you grown up.
>>
What does someone's opinions on theology have to do with science?

Dawkins is a biologist, not a physicist.

OP you sound dumb.
>>
File: 1443843503230.jpg (41KB, 687x519px) Image search: [Google]
1443843503230.jpg
41KB, 687x519px
Neil Tyson is without doubt the greatest contemporary physician. He revolutionized the teaching of cosmetology and astrology.
>>
>people pretending like dawkins is a meme scientist

say that so his face not online fuckers
>>
Living physisists: Steven hawking, Edward witten, Peter Higgs.
All time: Bohr, Einstein, Newton, Planck, Maxwell
>>
>>7690496
>Feynman isn't on your list
>Hawking is
Topkek
>>
>>7690278
>fluctuations are nothing hurr durr
>>
>>7690526
LOL

Posts like these are a great reminder that there really are people THIS retarded out there
>>
>>7690496
>>7690526
>having a list of favorite scientists
>they are all either pop sci tv presenters or historical figures from your middle school textbook
I want underaged reddit cancer to leave.
>>
>theologian
Stopped reading. If a physicist's work cannot stand on its own without resorting to sensational adversarialism then he's no physicist.
>>
>>7690546
This
>>
http://youtu.be/2Ks8gsK22PA
>>
>>7690278
gr8 b8, would sage
>>
>>7690621
I had never even heard of feynman until high school. And Feynman is objectively one of the greatest scientists of all time.
>>
>>7690621
>Witten
>Pop sci tv presenter or historical figure
top lel
>>
>>7690526
Hawking is on the living list, Feynman is dead and while great he doesn't compare to historical figures like Einstein and Newton.
>>
Is it just me or does Krauss seem overly desperate to become one of the new atheist fuckbois? He's always fellating Dawkins and Hitchens, it's like he thinks he can take Hitchens place now.
But nobody cares about him, he has negative charisma.
>>
>>7690494
Dawkins is the first meme scientist, d.e.s.u.
>>
File: giddy merchant.jpg (24KB, 372x192px) Image search: [Google]
giddy merchant.jpg
24KB, 372x192px
>>7690278
>>
>>7690959
>he doesn't compare to historical figures like Einstein
He does though.
>>
>Even the last remaining trump card of the theologian, ‘Why is there something rather than nothing?,’ shrivels up before your eyes as you read these pages. If ‘On the Origin of Species’ was biology’s deadliest blow to supernaturalism, we may come to see ‘A Universe From Nothing’ as the equivalent from cosmology. The title means exactly what it says. And what it says is devastating.

Science these days is just a weapon for marxist university students to fight "the establish maaaan" rather than a system for observing and coming to rational conclusions about nature.
>>
landau
heaviside

are examples missing from every one of these
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.