[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Human V. 2.0

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 2

File: ALoSp.jpg (46KB, 600x422px) Image search: [Google]
ALoSp.jpg
46KB, 600x422px
What would you change about us humans in order to create a better society, to benefit our species, to overcome our weakness, to help us evolve.
To make us look at ourselves as a single entity, allow us to explore the cosmos, to reach a new frontier for the human race.
>>
>>7688700
no environmental allergies
>>
Every single penis would be of exactly the same size. Imagine all the wars and fights we could avoid.
>>
>>7688700

I would make humans a foot tall so that we can support a larger population. They would also have a mean IQ a standard deviation higher than what we have currently. Everyone would be dark with brown eyes because white skin and light eyes is linked to macular degeneration, and skin cancer. People would have that rare allele that means you only need to sleep 4 hours.
>>
>>7688700

Women would have higher pain tolerance so they wouldn't complain about child birth.
>>
>>7688711
What allele/gene is this anon?
>>
>>7688711
>Everyone would be dark
KEK
U
C
K
>>
>>7688727

BHLHE41 AKA DEC2

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4096202/
>>
>>7688730

Enjoy going blind and getting skin cancer and dying from heart problems. Brown manlet master race!
>>
>>7688730
But he's right, white skin ages the worst and fares the worst against the sun.
>>
Modify women's menstrual cycles so that they wouldn't bleed but instead all the nutrients get reabsorbed by the body. I never understood the what evolutionary advantage there is for bleeding everything out like that.
>>
>>7688734
Thanks anon. That's very interesting.

In return, you may like Fatal Familial Insomnia
>>
>>7688751
If you never understood. Maybe you shouldn't think it's a good idea to take it away
>>
Modify women's menses so that they are more susceptible to toxic shock syndrome, giving them an incentive to reproduce.

Modify men's sperm so that it secretes neurotoxins: men must now unload their sperm or they literally go insane.

I have solved the underpopulation problem.
>>
>>7688758
>men must now unload their sperm or they literally go insane.

It seems as if that's already the case with some.
>>
Stop Autism from ever happening.
>>
>>7688802
again
>>
>>7688802

Enjoy having engineering become a meme profession.
>>
give everyone aspergers
>>
>>7688813
Overpopulation solved. That's probably why they put it in vaccines tbqh.
>>
Give women 3 foot wide hips to increase the cap on head size, allowing for larger more powerful brains.
>>
>>7688700
Noting
The course of evolution is way better than anything that we could imagine

Check pugs vs wild dogs

Nature first is practical them pretty
We should use genetic engineering just to fix health issues and them maybe for cosmetic reasons
>>
Find a way to create new bodies so we may be in the self we identify as so we may eliminate problems such as gender dysphoria. This includes the manipulation of chromosomes regarding how irrelevant they are when it comes to gender.

This could also help us eliminate autism although we might require that in order to explore the galaxy.
>>
>>7688700
forced sterilization for everyone. mankind is forever flawed, time to end the experiment and let the aliens take over.
>>
>>7688758
>Mankind
>underpopulation problem
>>
>>7688711
Now that is the kind of response i was looking for. i only do not agree with the population growth, Im sure people will still fight, more population will just create more problems. We need to solve our differences another way.
>>
>>7688700
Buy not fucking having people keep children that are physically or mental fucked. That and limit birth rate, and have human develop faster, like dogs and cats.
>>
>>7688851
>Nature first is practical them pretty
What
>>
>>7688942

Most of those children are sterile anyways though, so I don't see how euthanizing them would do anything one way or the other, in the long run.
>>
>>7688907
What if the aliens are as flawed as we are?
>>
Most of you are thinking of changing "women" and even a single particular disease that harms a certain portion of humans. Look at yourselves, think what you would change about yourself to improve society, think how you can make a change to change the world. Even silly ideas as world peace is welcome.

"give me a place to stand, and I shall move the world"
>>
>>7688954

What if we are the aliens, who are really humans from the future who timetraveled back in time to help their ancestors, and then, like, by killing ourselves we kill the aliens in the future, and they never replace us?
>>
Let's give women giant Bambi eyes so they look like animes.
>>
File: 1224027772655.jpg (7KB, 200x260px) Image search: [Google]
1224027772655.jpg
7KB, 200x260px
>What would you change about us humans

I'd remove the shackles of genetic homogeneity, for one. Not in terms of races, but in terms of species - morphological freedom for everyone.

It really offends me to be lumped in with the rest of humanity concerning such a drastic issue - as if I'd want what everyone else wanted. Our diversity of phenotypes are caused by a variety of alleles, which confer both qualities that only have value subjectively - the value of blond hair or a specific build is subjective.

And there are some very specific modifications I want that most people wouldn't - I want to grow my new body with graphene as the scaffold. And I want to create a new form of life composed of graphene spheres covered in fluorine, and pierced with receptors. The graphene spheres will be filled with DNA/RNA or it's graphene-based analog, which will replicate the cells. Graphene self-repairs if given access to carbon just like DNA - rip it in two, and it may make two copies.

>create a better society

That's even more subjective than the value of a given physical modification. It's the height of totalitarianism to even think about the 'proper' way of life for other people.

>to benefit our species, to overcome our weakness, to help us evolve

All subjective - let the individual choose.

>To make us look at ourselves as a single entity

I can only assume that humanity, to the last man, ignores me. Without input into the discourse of humanity, I can't feel like a member of it, let alone identify as a single entity with it.

How likely is it for this isolation to be ended in the future? Most people feel like I do. Only a handful get to engage in the discourse of a large culture like the west, and the rest of us are forced to sit there like an audience. If you fail to look at the stage and applaud, the attention whores who stand there say there's something wrong with you.

Ants function as one entity, and they live in mud huts - hive identity isn't a sign of advancement.
>>
How about we give women bigger boobs, and wider hips, and fix BMP15, GDF9, and BMPR1B into the human genome so that women hyperovulate and give birth to fraternal twins and triplets, thus solving the underpopulation problem.
>>
>>7688700
Fuck, I could use that last fix in the patch.
>>
How about we make it so women don't have vocal chords, so they will stop nagging us, haha amirite guys?

I have solved world peace.
>>
Sex is like eating, breathing, drinking, etc. You must fuck at least once every six months, or you get sick then die.

4th cone and ability to see UV light.

No body hair either sex.

No MPB.
>>
>>7688711
>make humans 1 foot tall
>house cats become dominant species on earth
>>
>>7689277

All cats will be euthanized.
>>
>>7688752
>FFA
>Anything other than an inherited error in prion coding
>>
Fix necks and fix spines. That quadruped spinal column shit hardly works when it supports your whole body weight. And atherosclerosis. I understand it would be tricky to fix the immune system bug that causes the deposit of cholesterol in plaques without weakening protective immune responses, but it's not like I want to cure cancer damnit. Just change the damn heart and brain arteries, let me get killed by a blood clot from somewhere else. And brains lose too much of their plasticity with age and don't replace lost axons. And testicles should be on the inside. If the sperm can't tolerate the heat fix them. And tooth decay. And nearsightedness. And arthritis. Basically the entire human body is completely fucking shit.
>>
>>7689418
Did I say it was anything other?
Please control your autism
>>
Simple. Make them all yordles from league of cancer x10. Yordles go crazy if they are away from other yordles, it's something that all sane yordles experience. They are also a very intelligent race. If the humans 2.0 were 10 times as smart and needed each other tens times as much, we wouldn't have feminism. However, furries would be normal, and sapies (people who are into yordlpromorphized humans) would replace them as the weird fetish.
>>
>>7689071
>no body hair
>no eyelashes
>no protection for eyes
>vision problems
Ah yes, I would love a human race with bad eyesight.
>>
>>7688700
You know, when I was younger I used to have an answer for this. I could rattle off a whole long list of changes. Mechanical improvements, metabolic, cognitive, social, psychological. It was in depth, changed over time, until one day I realized I really don't know.

I don't know where this species can or should go, or how to rightly force it to. There are a number of physiological tweaks that are trivial in this context. A few patches here and there. A few somewhat novel systems, or extensions of existing ones to make them more effective. But as a whole, all we could really do is learn to think honestly, critically, and eventually, get along. If that can't happen within the framework that already exists, anything we end up creating will probably be throwaway trash in the same way we are. Look at us. Most people can't even eat right, yet still complain when their body begins to fail. It's ridiculous, and most of our engineering would be centered around making us durable enough to do even the most stupid and pointless shit without obvious repercussion.

Ought to learn to do it the right way first.

>>7689550
>arterial calcification
>cardiovascular health
Can be controlled and prevented with diet. Exercise, supplement some flavan-3-ols, other polyphenols, etc. Just generally eat right. Common sense is a heuristic that for most people is more than adequate to just, fucking, do it right.

Not drinking fluoridated water, whether municipal or naturally occurring, would probably help as well. It's worthless internally and only potentiates uptake of calcium onto arterial walls, plaque, or whatever it lodges into.
>>
>>7688706
The fuck which war was started over a penis
>>
>>7689627
All of them.
All wars are just the exteriorization of our insecurities.

Since our culture revolve arround penis....
>>
>>7688700
Religion bug fix
>>
>>7689663
Someone has penne on the mind.
>>
>>7688700
a self-destruct button
>>
>>7688700
Similar Looking Hermaphrodites, 2 of every major internal organ, Maybe 4 arms
>>
>>7689784
>Similar Looking Hermaphrodites
Boring.

>2 of every major internal organ
Unnecessary, heavy, high resource usage, no real benefit aside from in the event of failure. This is aimed at survival, obviously, and it's something I might have said myself at one point. Just wouldn't work out well. In the case of the heart, it probably couldn't work out well.

The only use would be two hearts and 3 lungs. 1 heart for the body, 1 for the brain. Then have something to bridge the two circulatory systems if one begins to fail. You could put very, very miniaturized organs to process that blood.

>Maybe 4 arms
I guess. The brain, spine, and ribs would have to be changed a decent amount. Brain for expansion of motor and sensation regions, spine because obviously the body is good at bearing loads on its shoulders, which is made of bones which connect to the spine etc. These arms would need support to hold anything. Ribs would be in the way of that.

>>7689783
Too tempting.
>>
>>7688700
Get rid of the whole "death" thing.
>>
>>7689790
If ya had 2 spines you could easily support 4 arms potentially, and how is futa boring?

As far as the double organs clearly you've not seen how well klingons have done for themselves
>>
>>7689793
The arms are supported by your collarbone, clavicle, various muscle groups, etc. That all connects to your spine before the cervical regions. (refer to scoliosis cases to see how that actually works. Why one shoulder is higher and the other is low, and how anatomy works in that regard).

It's not so much about the spine being able to mechanically support the load placed on it (or maybe it is, I'm not sure), it's just about where do you attach and to what. And how. 2 spines wouldn't help. You're working with limited space as well. As I'm typing, my arms are more less at my sides. One set of arms would always need to be forward. And attachment to the stomach or back would be even harder. They'd just be in the way.

>and how is futa boring?
I took what you said to mean androgynous. I would also prefer women to not have penis / testicles. Still though, I didn't really think about it when I read what you said. That would be interesting.
>>
>>7689814
Naw man Clit->Dick, testis could just be shoved inside somewhere next to the ovaries
>>
>>7689790
Why even have a heart? Just beef up the arteries and distribute that burden across them. No single point of failure then.
>>
>>7689820
Arteries need to be able to dilate and constrict freely. (dealing with temperature changes, posture changes, immune system reaching peripheral sites, changing where blood is being directed, pulse rate, etc) It wouldn't work well to have the whole system doing the pumping, and it wouldn't be the best thing to try to innervate all of it and coordinate the pumping somehow, it needs to change rate. Chemically it's too slow. Electrically it's unreliable, still slow, and complicated.

I guess you could make some sort of parallel vascular system. I'm not even sure how that would work?
>>
>>7689820
What would oxygenate the blood and pressurize the arteries?
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.