[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cities in Antarctica

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: halleyinterior.jpg (51KB, 500x322px) Image search: [Google]
halleyinterior.jpg
51KB, 500x322px
When the treaty preventing Antarctic development expires in 2050 I expect there will be some attempts to properly settle it by Russia at least

What technologies would it require to build a stable, safe city on top of ice, to power it and keep shit from freezing? Would you want to live someplace with a remarkable view, but where it is difficult/dangerous to go outdoors? Assume the interiors of the buildings are all super attractive and cozy.
>>
yeah
>>
>>7685732
With global warming in full swing by them some of it might become Svalbard-tier
>>
>>7685732
No government will let it happen because people will discover the truth about the Earth's shape.
>>
>>7685732
I would love to live there.
>>
>>7685927
>cold makes NEET lifestyle mandatory
Fuck yes
Only problem is getting a stable source of power to draw from. Doesn't Antarctica have stable winds and volcanoes?
>>
>>7685732
>When the treaty preventing Antarctic development expires in 2050 I expect there will be some attempts to properly settle it by Russia at least

No, they'll just renew the treaty.
>>
>>7685935
No, they certainly won't. Antarctica is too precious of a resource to remain untouched for much longer. I think it's likely we'll see expansion into Antarctica before the treaty even expires.
>>
>>7685907
The antarctic is not melting, entropy is doing it's work and the ice that came off the arctic is now growing in the antarctic.
>>
>>7685732
Russia already has plenty of empty cold frozen shithole to colonize. Antartica is way too hostile for it ever to be worth it. The entire point of every colony ever is to turn a profit.
>>
I've always wanted to live in a place that has no natural resources or infrastructure, but Antarctica is too scary because the shoggoths might get me.
>>
We should all move to Antarctica and study maths. The first science-built society.
>>
>>7685938
There's more resources to be had in space but no one really cares because it's a nightmare.
>>
>>7686899
>maths
>science
>>
>>7686899
>The first science-built society.
i've been to mcmurdo and thats pretty much what it is.

its weird as fuck to be honest. its just a bunch of scientists doing labwork, getting piss drunk at the little cantina, and watching star trek on repeat.
>>
>>7686807
>Antartica is way too hostile for it ever to be worth it

you could say the same about space and Mars, but people still want to colonize those
>>
>>7687244
>its weird as fuck to be honest. its just a bunch of scientists doing labwork, getting piss drunk at the little cantina, and watching star trek on repeat.
T-that sounds like heaven.
>>
>>7687262
Mars is not Earth thats the allure. If an asteroid hits or WW3 breaks out being on Mars is a good idea. Antartica the nukes can still get to you.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.