[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

DNA specific bioweapons

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: latest[1].jpg (314KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
314KB, 1920x1080px
I've read a lot about DNA specific bioweapons over the years. I have no doubt that they are in theory possible, and that people are taking precautions against it. I can find lots of blogs/articles online discussing it in pretty good detail, but when I try and find actual sources on the matter I've sort of hit a brick wall.

Maybe I'm just not hitting that sweet search-term spot, but I can't find anything published that discusses these designer weapons specifically. Any help?
>>
File: MGS-snake.png (56KB, 124x153px) Image search: [Google]
MGS-snake.png
56KB, 124x153px
Foxdie?!
>>
>>7675432

While it is certainly possible, the amount of time, resources, and money involved would be impractical at best.

It would have to target and entire subset of genetic traits as the trigger. It's not feasible to target a specific genotype and with the spread and interbreeding between peoples of all regions it cannot be safely assumed that a trigger sequence wouldn't kill a large percentage of the population. Especially if the disease that has been modified is particularly deadly or virulent.
>>
Maybe because they aren't possible.....
>>
>>7675501
NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE
One quick example is malaria and sickle-cell. Not necessarily DNA specific because it works on the phenotype, but it demonstrates the concept works to at least some degree.
>>
>>7675463
IDK the game I just pulled a random picture lol. Thanks for the bump, though.
>>
>>7675501
I'm pretty confident that it is possible, to some degree, but whether it is or not I can't find anyone even discussing it in official capacity. I would think it would have come up by now one way or the other. Not even at like stealth president killing level or whatever, but maybe using species markers or rare heritage-specific ones.
>>
>>7675484
>While it is certainly possible, the amount of time, resources, and money involved would be impractical at best.
Okay, let's focus on the "while it is certainly possible" part. I'm pretty sure it is, too, but I can't find any sources to base my belief on. Do you have any citations?
>>
>>7675432

It's not possible.

What would you tell it to target? You obviously have a specific target group, what gene would you choose to target that is just carried by that specific group?

(Protip: There aren't any)
>>
>>7675648

Big fat lips and a predetermined tendency towards criminal activity.
>>
>>7675648
high melanin content
>>
>>7675648
Descendants of Kahn
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.