[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Intelligence

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

Hey /sci/, is it possible to increase your IQ? If so, how?
My current IQ is 111.
>>
I think my IQ has decreased. I started to compare how I was 6 months ago and how I am now. I've noticed that I seem to be more limited in my ability to problem solve.
>>
I have no idea what to do anymore. I don't want to be another sheep. I want to be able to solve complex problems in my head, I want to be able to be creative. But I can't.
>>
Is it possible to increase your performance on IQ tests? Yes, just study a bunch of them. They tend to repeat a lot of methods.

Is it possible to increase the thing that IQ tests are attempting to measure? Studies suggest not significantly, but there are far better ways to improve the brain than by improving intuitive pattern recognition. Just learn a bunch of things and get comfortable solving a bunch of things and looking at a bunch of things in a bunch of different ways.

IQ is a statistical thing even under the most generous of interpretations. Most intellectually-successful don't even know or care about their IQ, only those with simultaneously massive insecurities and egos do.
>>
It makes me feel horrible that I will never be as intelligent as the majority of the people on /sci/ are.
>>
File: Peacekeeper_RV_vehicles.jpg (609KB, 2308x3000px) Image search: [Google]
Peacekeeper_RV_vehicles.jpg
609KB, 2308x3000px
>>7674212
IQ is a measurement of a variable system, therefore, it will be variable as well. You should focus on improving the efficiency of the underlying machinery these metrics actually measure. Understand yourself, and selectively improve.

My IQ has likely dropped pretty drastically, though I never really cared much about it to begin with. From a research angle it would be valuable to have another EEG and IQ test, then compare it to my younger self. It would indicate the functional effects of chronic pain and long term stress, among other things. I'm definitely not quite as sharp as I used to be.
>>
>>7674227
> feynman's iq 125
> average iq of /sci/ 160
>>
It is possible OP. But I don't think a simple number means much. Two years ago I had an IQ of 110 and I recently tested at around 125. All I did was read a few books and complete my degree.
>>
File: pepe super mad.jpg (4KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
pepe super mad.jpg
4KB, 225x225px
>types of intelligence
>naturalist
This picture triggers me
>>
>>7674247
It's variable as much as your school exams. You can get randomly lower scores, but you can never exceed what your brain is capable of.

You don't randomly get 90 in an IQ test and 140 in the next one if your brain only allows you to score 100
>>
Intelligence Quotient. The divisor is your age. Every time you have a birthday your IQ gets lower.
>>
>>7674379
Wrong board? anon?
>>
>>7674376
Obviously the brain has hard limitations the same way your legs, even on the best day, cannot exceed a mechanical limit for jump height or whatever. The difficulty is in determining the actual width of that spectrum, and all the factors that go into it. You don't know your maximum. There's no way to tell.

Your physiology also changes as you age. Both adaptively, and through inadvertent damage.
>>
>>7674227
which people are you referring to? the kids who pretend to be physicists or the kids to pretend to be mathematicians?

sure, there are bright minds here (I'm not one of them) but from that to >majority, eh
>>
>>7674227
Read a Hitchen's essay and feel like a child, ironically the piece he did on IQ.
http://www.vanityfair.com/news/1996/09/hitchens-199609
Really depressing that feeling of inadequacy.

doubles up for me with my mathematical ineptitude.
>>
What's a good IQ test to measure my own IQ? I have a feeling a lot of the online ones will not give an actual IQ result

Only want to know so I can hate on IQ without sounding bitter
>>
I don't have any proof beyond my current experience on becoming smarter.

I feel I can talk of my own experience because my ability to improvise in social situations has improved, even now better than what I've admire so far.

I do believe (again believe based on my experience) IQ is like your current height, right?

but intelligence is like how good you're for basketball.

so you could be a manlet and still better at basketball than someone taller I think.

What can you do?
Learn, learn a lot of diferent shit, like arts, math, literature, films, even good games like DF or even SF helps in some sense, as long as you keep your brain into diferent challenges.
>>
I'm not in favor totalitarian moderation, but holy shit can we please delete these threads
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.