[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Intelligence test: Q. Can you appreciate at least some aspects

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: s06.wmuismkx.600x600-75.jpg (166KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
s06.wmuismkx.600x600-75.jpg
166KB, 600x600px
Intelligence test:

Q. Can you appreciate at least some aspects of

1) Modern architecture
2) Avant-garde jazz
3) Contemporary art

If your answer is no to any of these you are not intelligent. I don't care how many stem degrees you have you re nothing more than a fleshy book photocopier and/or calculator.
>>
>>7672162
this bait
>>
>doesn't know the difference between intelligent and cultured
You are not well-educated.
>>
>>7672162
postmodernism is just one big meme that pervades through all arts and refuses to die because it invalidates the concept of talent and allows any asshole with hands and some without hands to be an esteemed artist
>>
>>7672166
Took the words right out of my mouth.
>>
>>7672166
>>7672168
If it's bullshit then why don't you draw art and make millions?
>>
>modern architecture
yea nah fuck you
>Avant garde jazz
Actually really love it
>contemporary art
Sometimes, in some cases, seen it be shit far more than ive seen it be good though. It probably wouldnt be as unbearable if they didnt exalt the stuff, I swear, descriptions of contemporary art are the most pretentious things ive read in my entire life. Not exaggerating even a little bit.
>>
>>7672181
"Bulllshit" is not the same as trivial to exploit economically. You're competing with a whole host of other con artists and a slew of entrenched, nepotistic factions.

Who can tell what goes into the difference between a successful snake-oil salesman and an unsuccessful one?
>>
>>7672165
Generating ideas (including solutions to problems) is an integral part of intelligence, and, while most modern art is garbage, the parts that are worthwhile are manifestations of new ideas. That is at least one aspect you should be able to appreciate.
>>
>>7672195
So many excuses. You're like those retards who whine about banker bonuses "waah they don't deserve it" well if it's so easy then why don't you do it? Cue 1000 excuses about old boys club dodging the fact that you're just too stupid to pass economics.
>>7672184
yeah I don't like descriptions either. Just leave it there and let you feel for yourself.
>>
File: fuck.png (727KB, 894x1102px) Image search: [Google]
fuck.png
727KB, 894x1102px
>>7672200
>>7672184
This painting, yeah? Its fine. Some people wont like it, but really, its -fine-. It has an aesthetic and it does it pretty well. I could enjoy it, at least some, though its kinda simple.
This fucking description though.
jesus CHRIST
>>
>>7672165
I am not sure about this, progressive jazz music is highly structured, there is an underlying mathmatical pattern, so recognition and appreciation of that pattern may be an intelligence function.
>>
>>7672205
>Black music has underlying mathematical patterns
Do you hear yourself right now?
>>
>>7672205
whats an example of 'progressive jazz?'
I like some jazz ive heard other people say is too 'out there' and such, but Its usually seemed to me like I like it cause of how it breaks patterns and such. Presenting a pattern slowly and kinda minimalistically, but breaking it here and there. Sorta like how I can like that japanese wabi-sabi thing, where a tea house has its roof just a bit off from the building its on, or a really rough as shit teacup.
>>
>>7672213
the white man stole jazz from africans and injected his white-supremacist patterns and maths into it.
>>
>>7672219
Yeah anything that breaks up the patterns a lot or introduces unusual sounds is "progressive". I never really think about these things too much I just listen and enjoy.
>>
>>7672203
>As a purely black and white modern art painting he is exciting, brave and intoxicating all at the same time.
Am I being retarded or did the artist just refer to that abstract painting as a "he"?
>>
>>7672467
its like...the artist, he IS the painting, yet, hes not...You just dont get it dude.
>>
I really like modern architecture and avant-garde jazz but don't think that much of contemporary art when it's stuff like a turd on a pedestal.
>>
>>7672585
You just don't understand the turd.
>>
>>7672162
I am more of a classical player, but love jazz. Especially free jazz and bebop.

I'm dumb as shit, though.
>>
>>7672203
>jesus CHRIST

you mean piss christ

funposting is art, deal with it, if you can't appreciate it just 2deep4u
>>
>>7672162
>implying avant-garde jazz is the only intelligent music
>Not writing music by using the I Ching for number generation
>>
>>7672205
>underlying mathmatical pattern, so recognition and appreciation of that pattern may be an intelligence function
In that case you should love campanology.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.