[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

He was basically wrong about everything and his research was

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

He was basically wrong about everything and his research was a fucking joke.

Why is this charlatan so revered now again?
>>
>>7668991
Charisma+Popularity>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>...>>>>>>>>> Being a good researcher.
>>
> He was basically wrong about everything and his research was a fucking joke.
[citation needed]
>>
>>7668991
What the fuck are you talking about you pop-sci retard? Which contemporary psychology researchers even mention Freud in their work, let alone revere him? Get out of here.
>>
>>7668991
>He was basically wrong about everything
No, he actually wasn't. A lot of his finer explanations for how the psyche worked later had a number of experimental holes put in them, but a lot of his macro observations still hold. Like the oedipus complex. If you claim you've never seen this happen, you haven't gotten out enough.

How you model the psyche, and reality itself, really depends on you. But it is important to think about.
>>
>>7668991
Like Aristotle, he was just very influential to the world. Doesn't matter if right now his ideas seem jack-shit now.
>>
>>7669012

This, basically. Freud's legacy is really just popularizing the idea that the mind itself can be studied scientifically.
>>
wow. look at all these physchoanalysis experts trying to dismiss Freud when they can't even form arguments.
>>
>>7669022
Psychoanalysis is basically homeopathy
>>
>>7669026
nice opinions
>>
>>7669026
They have little to nothing in common.

People who outright reject psychoanalysis tend to barely understand themselves, much less other people. Probably because they've never tried to understand how their own psyche works, so they unwittingly project themselves on the outside world while not being able to see the difference.

How many times have you been agitated when someone consistently mistakes their own ideas for the real you? Why do you think that happens?
>>
File: aqqCbVU[1].gif (2MB, 280x210px) Image search: [Google]
aqqCbVU[1].gif
2MB, 280x210px
ITT : people who wanna fuck their moms but in denial
>>
only 1% of clinical psychologists implement freudian psychotherapy. throw in the research psychologists and youll have 0.01%, if that, that believe in his methods.

the one thing that he was spot on about were his defense mechanisms. especially projection, op. =)

are you underachieved? are you not happy about that? do you think you are a joke to others? tell us how you feel.
>>
File: 144967842352.jpg (31KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
144967842352.jpg
31KB, 500x375px
>>7668991
>>
>>7669093
The Ancients were based as fuck tbqh
>>
>>7669035
Every respectable psychologist and psychiatric rejects Freud.
>>
>>7669105
more baseless autistic opinions...
>>
>>7669093
saved
>>
>>7668991
>He was basically wrong about everything
But anon, the quote you posted is one of the things he wasn't wrong about.
>>
>>7668991
He isn't. The only people who revere him are either trying to pass off their own neuroses as everyone's, or, they don't actually study psychology. Literally modern psychology evolved as a response to the complete horseshit that is psychoanalysis.
/thread.
>>
>>7669110
No, this is psych 101. Fuck off. You know nothing. Especially about autism.
>>
I just want a girl with daddy issues that LOVES chocking on my dick and is okay that we do things that might cause lots of diabetes around us.
>>
>>7669251
even more baseless opinions plus ad-hominems. you really are tumbling down with each post lol
>>
>>7668991

Never having read him, nor taken a college-level psychology course, I am not qualified to pass comment on Freud's /work/. However, I have heard multiple times that psychology has since moved on from the very early days of Freud, with the end result that although important, several of his ideas have since been discredited-I couldn't tell you what they were, let alone which.

What I AM qualified to pass comment on, is the /opinion/ which is stated in OP's image. It may happen that Freud never wrote or said any such thing (popular quotes are notoriously badly misattributed, so we must be careful with them). On the other hand, perhaps the passage is readily available in some basic work somewhere; a reference would be helpful but I'm not going to try to fact-check the citation; I'll leave that to someone else.

Because, regardless of its author, the quotation I've just read is /true/. It is true on multiple levels:

1) Religion /is/ foreign to reality, and yet
2) Humans really /are/ nevertheless obliged to follow their (usual) hard-wiring for religion (see: history), and finally and most importantly,
3) /it is a sadness that this is so/. It is nothing other /than/ and /but/ a sadness. And the reason /why/ this is a sadness, is because the state of affairs so considered condemns humanity to some narrative with a kernel of un-truth which is always eventually exposed, as history continues. It is a sadness because humans seem to need two irreconcilable elements to their inner lives, never admitting of full truth. The present sexy problems in the world are simply a more dramatic illustration of this.

So regardless of provenance, the quotation is correct. And no amount of fedora posting or Muh Communism Counterexamples can really impeach this.
>>
>>7669329

A slight improvement to this post reads as follows:

"1) Religion /is/ foreign to reality (see: history), and yet
2) Humans really /are/ nevertheless obliged to follow their (usual) hard-wiring for religion (see: history again)..."

This just hammers home that you can go to the same place to find the two contradictory situations.
>>
>>7669105
It's as though you didn't read my post.

Are you a respectable psychologist or psychiatrist?
>>
>>7669098
defense them
>>
>>7668991
>so revered
where the fuck do you live dude
he is not revered in any way you fucking retard
everyone calls him a charlatan and every psychology teacher I've ever had mentions him in passing about how he created his theories on coke and whatnot

and I revere him because he recognized the unconscious and created psychoanalysis with the invention of free association - moving psychology away from hypnotism you fucking retarded piece of shit
>>
>>7669105
what the fuck are you talking about you dumb fuck all of modern talk therapy is built off of him
>what is counselling
>what is alcoholics anonymous
>what is free association
>what are slips of the unconscious

he wasn't the first to recognize the unconscious but it was literally just utilized in hypnosis until him and not only did he recognize the importance of it but he recognized how it is much more vast and domineering than this little single strain of consciousness that we somehow think is our entire world when in reality we are puppets to unconscious motives
>>
>>7669428
Alcoholics Anonymous has a terrible pass rate

LSD therapy is the future, not some Freudian crap
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.