[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Schrodinger's Box

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 2000px-Schrodingers_cat.svg[1].png (246KB, 2000x1063px) Image search: [Google]
2000px-Schrodingers_cat.svg[1].png
246KB, 2000x1063px
What happens when we put the cat's free will into the equations? Does it eliminate the paradox?
>>
>>7668829
It eliminates almost every question we've ever had.
>>
>>7668829
Free will does not exist.
>>
File: 1447119411172.jpg (84KB, 483x640px) Image search: [Google]
1447119411172.jpg
84KB, 483x640px
yeah
>>
>>7668829
Your not understanding the point of it.

Schroedinger's cat started from a thought experiment Einstein constructed to try and illustrate the ridiculousness of QM when applied to the macroscopic world. Einstein did not like quantum mechanics although his own theory on the dual nature of light inspired it.

Schrödinger's cat is supposed to illustrate the concept of quantum super position and also display the weirdness of the fact that we observe individual particles to behave in strange ways, comparable with being "alive and dead at the same time" but we do not observe the macroscopic objects they make up to behave this way.
>>
>>7668871

Tell that to the japs.
>>
>>7668850
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_will
>>
>>7669182
> Free will is the ability to choose between different possible courses of action.
Didn't know my iphone ahd free will
>>
>>7668829
As some wise man said,
"Shut up and calculate."
>>
>>7668829
Well if the cat realized it was just pure data and didnt breath... yes OP, but no OP, as it just creates another paradox
>>
>>7669182
>"For instance, it is impossible, from our standpoint, to attach an unambiguous meaning to the view sometimes expressed that the probability of the occurrence of certain atomic processes in the body might be under the direct influence of the will. In fact, according to the generalized interpretation of the psycho-physical parallelism, the freedom of the will must be considered a feature of conscious life that corresponds to functions of the organism that not only evade a causal mechanical description, but resist even a physical analysis carried to the extent required for an unambiguous application of the statistical laws of atomic mechanics. Without entering into metaphysical speculations, I may perhaps add that an analysis of the very concept of explanation would, naturally, begin and end with a renunciation as to explaining our own conscious activity."

Heh. I can't have enough respect for Bohr.
>>
>>7668829
it was never a paradox in the first place.

0/10 bait.
>>
>>7668829
This is phrased as a troll thread, but this was the whole point of the thought experiment in the first place. Superimposition does not scale up at all, in fact we can go from human down to cat down to detector. In the double slit experiment all it takes is a strategically placed loop of wire. What really drags down understanding in the pop sci community is focus on the word 'observation' which poisons peoples understanding of the concept since you might think humans must be involved somewhere along the line.
>>
>>7669239
8/10 Made me smile

He makes a good point in terms of the acuteness of potential magnetism in that blurb, and QM fields these days are bringing the subject to a much more operable format
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.