[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what is it like to know the algebraic geometry?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

what is it like to know the algebraic geometry?
>>
It's better than sex.
>>
Unemployment.
>>
File: 1442102837795.jpg (26KB, 433x380px) Image search: [Google]
1442102837795.jpg
26KB, 433x380px
Is algebraic geometry really that cool? I once talked with this one guy saying he hates algebra per se, but studied it to understand algebraic geometry. It's fucking sexy, if I remember his phrasing correctly. I've watched some videos from Harpreet Bedi on the subject, seems nice.
>>
>>7667056
Harpreet Bedi is a cool guy.
I love his accent. He speaks like a currynigger but I can actually understand him.
>>
>>7667056
...wow ... really puts math in perspective when you someone refer it as "fucking sexy". Christ, how infected with masturbatory autism do you need to be for the word "sexy" to so thoroughly lose its original meaning.
>>
File: NEKO-CHAN.png (17KB, 700x587px) Image search: [Google]
NEKO-CHAN.png
17KB, 700x587px
>>7668725
He's pretty ASMR, yeah. I like his videos.

>>7668767
Dunno. I'd never call math sexy, interesting, cool, awesome, sometimes dull and all those with "fucking" before them, but not sexy or stuff like that.
>>
>>7669188
I saw some indian guy's video on linearizing differential equations and it was asmr as fuck

Is asmr an autistic thing
>>
>>7666978
Miles Reid is shexy as fuuuuk
>>
>>7668767

Confirmed for never having held a real job in the United states. Or listening to political pundits in the English language, of any persuasion.

The English word "sexy", especially in America (I can't speak for Europe) is also regularly used in the military, business, industry and politics to metaphorically simply denote "exciting" or "attractive", also divorced from its literal context (which is almost always obvious). The Syrian refugee crisis is a "sexy" issue because it's relatively exciting - it implies terrorism and is easy for politicians and pundits to use for votes and ratings. Infrastructure, by comparison, is "unsexy". Many important things are not-exciting, and therefore "unsexy".

A military operation which efficiently kills the enemy and without a glitch, could be described by the brass as "sexy". Research and Development's new prototype is "sexy", regardless of whether it pans out into good new product or not. I was once in a board meeting where an engineer described some theoretical project/equipment as "sexy". He had a military background, so he may have picked up the slang there.
>>
>>7669188
Gah, I meant I'd never call it sexy, but I would call it those other things.

>>7669615
There's this thing called "media sexiness". Sexiness has been generalized to be anything that makes people excited. In Europe too.

>>7669573
Hard to tell. I guess the voice of an autist is more suitable for asmr than the voice of a randomly picked person, due to monotonity (assuming nothing startles the autist). Naturally, autism is not a requirement for asmr.
>>
Anyone know if concepts from algebraic geometry can be applied to machine learning?
>>
>>7670700
yes look up grobner bases.

>>7666978
I know some algebraic geometry. it's pretty tight but you end up like the fags over at /fit/, you're never big enough. except instead of your muscle never being big enough for you, the size of your knowledge in AG is never big enough. I know a nontrivial amount, and yet I know about people like Shinichi Mochizuki and Grothendieck and so I feel like I know as little as the common layman. feel weird man. when you get to use AG to rekt some problem its awesome. you will be in some class not directly related to AG like complex analysis or differential geometry and then some stupid shit will be asked that isnt immediately clear to everyone who is thinking in the framework of the class but you can bust it out in a second using some bullshit about the variety being path connected.
>>
>>7670723
Thanks
>>
>tfw publishing a paper in algebraic geometry
Why can't we put SGA back in print in English? I am spending hours tracking down books in a foreign language to cite things
>>
>>7670390
>>7670390
You talk and think like an autist
>>
>>7669615
Calm down autist, I know that his usage isn't out of left field. It's still silly to have the word "sexy" anywhere near a mathematical topic, common usage or not.

Srsly can't believe you wrote that much to explain something that was obvious anyway. You literally just said variations on the same sentence too. Are you literally autistic?
>>
>>7671986
Maybe so. I see no reason why that would be a problem when talking about algebraic geometry.
>>
>>7670723
I'm kind of in the same boat. It's pretty sweet, except for the fact that there's too many people who drown in their own little world and cannot talk to other mathematicians who do something even close to where they are because they become so myopic about their own language.
>>
File: 1427911698223.jpg (71KB, 800x534px) Image search: [Google]
1427911698223.jpg
71KB, 800x534px
>>7669615
>>Confirmed for never having held a real job in the United states
it shows only one thing: that americans have poor vocabulary and poor syntax.
>>
>>7672385
reminder that americans believes that women can fuck men and that americans have no problem being laid by a woman.
>>
>>7670723
>path-connected varieties
Ew, what kind of bizarre topology do you work with?

>>7671003
Fuck you, just learn what minimal french is necessary, you lazy fuck.
>>
bum
>>
>Algebraic
>Geometry

Into the trash.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.