[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey, /sci/ Have you ever experienced Deja vu? How do you explain

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 3

File: 09-02.jpg (8KB, 225x179px) Image search: [Google]
09-02.jpg
8KB, 225x179px
Hey, /sci/

Have you ever experienced Deja vu?

How do you explain this phenomenon?
>>
>>7665866
We don't, it's supernatural.

Check you religious texts of choice for explanation
>>
>>7665866
>Deja vu
Come back when you're asking about Deja vu of Deja vu, I get that every so often and that's a mindfuck.

>Deja vu^3 just straight up leaves you thinking you're in a time loop
>>
>>7665866
Yes.

Something something about dreams and the brain keeping leftover metadata around that gets attached to new memories.
>>
>>7665866
>Have you ever experienced Deja vu?
Not really.
>>
>>7665927
yeah, some brain glitch
>>
>>7665939
No.
>>
>>7665866

>>
>>7665866
>Deja vu
Come back when you're asking about Deja vu of Deja vu, I get that every so often and that's a mindfuck.

>>
>>7665866
Yes.

Something something about dreams and the brain keeping leftover metadata around that gets attached to new memories.
>>
>>7665866
>Have you ever experienced Deja vu?
Not really.
>>
>>7665997
yeah, some brain glitch
>>
>>7666002
No.
>>
I attribute it to my alcohol-ravaged memory.
>>
>>7665866
Yes.

Multiple possibilities:
-Error in memory subsystems causing a novel experience to be tagged as occurring earlier than it really did, and thus a sensation repetition.
-Consciousness and memory transcending the material. The universe infinitely playing out, then looping back on itself. When my time to exist comes about again, occasionally small bits of information somehow spillover.
-Time and the notion of continuity not being as we believe. Dreams being a visitation to another place or way of being that isn't simply a simulation based on information we already possess. I've had dreams so complex and finessed it leads me to believe the conscious mind and its frame of experience is actually a net detriment when it comes to comprehension and creativity. Entire movie plots have just shown up in my head. I've woke up with schematics for various devices in my head. I write them down, and it actually works. Had conversations with beings that didn't seem to be me, and told me things I might have half known, but never connected together. Strange things, perhaps it's a representation of this other pool of information.
>>
>>7665993
>>7665995
>>7665997
>>7665998
>>7666002
I see what you did there
Clever girl
>>
>>7665900
I've had this! You're not alone.
>>
Deja vu is when the left eye takes in information and gets processed by the brain first, by the time the right eye takes in the same information the illusion that it has already been experienced is created.
>>
If multiverses exist then deja vu's could be experiencing closely related alternative timeline memories.
>>
>>7665866
It's just a recollection of a strikingly similar experience from the past.
>>
>>7666565
Interstellar, plz go.
>>
>>7666032
I've had this! You're not alone.
>>
Deja vu is when the left eye takes in information and gets processed by the brain first, by the time the right eye takes in the same information the illusion that it has already been experienced is created.
>>

>>
>Deja vu

>>
>this thread

Jesus
>>
>>7667713
Is this just your personal theory?
>>
>>7665866
Yes.

Multiple possibilities:
-Error in memory subsystems causing a novel experience to be tagged as occurring earlier than it really did, and thus a sensation repetition.
-Consciousness and memory transcending the material. The universe infinitely playing out, then looping back on itself. When my time to exist comes about again, occasionally small bits of information somehow spillover.
-Time and the notion of continuity not being as we believe. Dreams being a visitation to another place or way of being that isn't simply a simulation based on information we already possess. I've had dreams so complex and finessed it leads me to believe the conscious mind and its frame of experience is actually a net detriment when it comes to comprehension and creativity. Entire movie plots have just shown up in my head. I've woke up with schematics for various devices in my head. I write them down, and it actually works. Had conversations with beings that didn't seem to be me, and told me things I might have half known, but never connected together. Strange things, perhaps it's a representation of this other pool of information.
>>
>>7668063

i get that too every so often
>>
>>7668189

Reality contains itself so it cannot have an external cause. reality is all of existence. if X was created by Y, and X is real, then Y is also real. therefore reality is a self-creating process. this process by which the universe (reality) generates itself is comparable to a reflexive, self-selecting algorithm or function, and is isomorphic to 'consciousness' in that it is perceptual in nature and relies on information processing. this self-caused process inflicts constraints on itself informationally by perceiving and 'reflecting' on the information, which results in structure, and thus increasingly complex structures by recursion. This structure is describable as a language, where the components (symbols) of it could be mapped (isomorphically) to the 'material', i.e. represented as physical quanta to a perceiving entity, where the laws of physics are comparable to the syntax of the language. ultimately i think it is appropriate to qualify the 'perceiver' in which this 'language' has been constructed (from which all systems in the universe, including our own minds, are patterned) as a mind. 'before' this self-generation there was an unbound 'ground-state' of infinite potential (no constraint--no structure required to explain). the system brings itself into existence as a means of atemporal communication between its past and future whereby law and state, syntax and informational content, generate and refine each other across time to maximize total systemic self-utility
>>
>This thread
Jesus
>>
If multiverses exist then deja vu's could be experiencing closely related alternative timeline memories.
>>
>>7665900
this is really trippy feel. like occasionally I'm walking down the stairs or something and I get a deja vu where I know I will get a deja vu in a few seconds. that can result in 20-30 seconds of continous deja vu.
>>
This fuckin thread
>>
>>7666030
>-Time and the notion of continuity not being as we believe. Dreams being a visitation to another place or way of being that isn't simply a simulation based on information we already possess

yeah I'm starting to get this feel too. I mean I know this is >>/x/ and >>420chan but I'm starting to feel that our experience of time is a limited one, except in very rare(or maybe not so rare depending on the individual, schizos anyone?) moments of clarityl. Like we perceive time as 2-dimensional flat line with no rewind, but there's actually a third dimension to it or something. hard to verbalize
>>
>>7668208
You're not alone.
>>
>>7668229
I am here with you
>>
>>7668225
loling
>>
>>7665866

>>
Universe is a simulation. Deja vu is just a lag spike.

Heard it here first
>>
Yeah.
>have most awful, horrible day at work
>everything that can go wrong does go wrong
>finally, it's time to go home
>good god am I relieved
And then you wake up. Time to go to work!

>>7665995
>thinking you're in a time loop
>tfw tried fake lsd once, it was way stronger than I expected, decide to just lay down and try to wait it out
>ten hour mind loop of "oh fuck am I going to die? maybe I should get some water? but if i'm going to die then why bother?" proceeds to happen
never again
>>
I get deja vu all the time and I get deja vu of deja vu as well.

I also get deja vu where I'm absolutely convinced what i'm experiencing I experienced before in a dream.

It's just a brain thing, like TOT or walking into a room and forgetting what you went in there for.
>>
File: 1412462997334.jpg (36KB, 500x644px) Image search: [Google]
1412462997334.jpg
36KB, 500x644px
You ever join a server in an old videogame to find that it's nothing but bots just chatting and talking to eachother forever, just saying the same things, repeating the same phrases and taunts, just the same thing forever.
It must be hell.
>>
I get this all the time but it's never just a deja-vu, it's more like a deja-vu loop that kills my brain
It's really hard to explain

in example yesterday
I had a deja-vu when I talked to a friend about a game
in the same time I had a deja-vu of myself thinking I have a deja-vu after talking to this friend
and it goes on and on

please kill me
>>
I rarely experience in-the-moment deja vu, but every time I take a test, it seems new at the time, but two hours later I think about it and feel like "hey, didn't I take a test very similar to that before?"

I guess that's the sound of my brain dumping all the information I learned into the recycling bin as soon as it's done being tested.
>>
>>7667713
so a person with only 1 eye can not experience deja vu? sounds bullshit
>>
>>7668358
Have you ever met a person with one eye that experienced deja vu? Didn't think so.
>>
>>7668218
Interstellar, plz go.
>>
>>7668289
Ice cream? I love ice cream.
>>
A simple explanation that i have no idea wether its true or not is that your brain accidently stores a recent memory thats meant for short term storage in long term storage instead, causing you to feel as the new memory is something from the past even though it just happened.
>>
The frequency of dejavus is linearly dependent on your age. When you're an old fuck life's nothing but a great dejavu. Also that's why time seems to pass faster when you age.
>>
>>7668970
>Also that's why time seems to pass faster when you age.
No one truly knows why this happens, and I don't buy the explanation about a reduction in novel experiences.

Certain drugs markedly change your time sense. Acid is the most popularized example, but caffeine and certain compounds in the cocoa bean are also applicable. If you've experienced or read about "Alice in wonderland syndrome", it also becomes more clear how strange the perception of change in one's environment and time, really is.

Either something is happening to the machinery of the brain independent of retrospective perception, or something is happening to the universe itself. Regions of the brain might be able to represented as working in ticks, and that tick rate changes. Less ticks per given interval, the faster time appears to move and the fewer things you can see yourself as doing. And the inverse.
>>
>>7668977
this is really trippy feel. like occasionally I'm walking down the stairs or something and I get a deja vu where I know I will get a deja vu in a few seconds. that can result in 20-30 seconds of continous deja vu.
>>
>>7669267
i get that too every so often
>>
>>7668965

Looking for Memory x
Cache not found
accessing RAM
Memory x not found
accessing HDD
Memory x not found
Do you want create Memory x? y
...please wait while defragmenting
>>
I love you guys
>>
File: 1443317559239.png (522KB, 500x737px) Image search: [Google]
1443317559239.png
522KB, 500x737px
do you ever wake up smelling like festering feces but you cant help but run your hand along each armpit then smelling your fingers its an addiction that is hard to beat I find the best way to overcome it is to rub nail polish on your foreskin then whenever you have the urge to smell your b.o just grab your balls really tight it works trust me I hope this has been of help!
>>
I attribute it to my alcohol-ravaged memory.
>>
>>7670627
ew man, just get a good strong perfume bro they're not only for girls
>>
>>7665866
weed

it will have you stuttering through time like a goof
>>
>>7665866
I have epilepsy. Not photosensitive, but I have seizures due to... something. Personally I think it's blood sugar since they're always after I've eaten too little or had a sudden burst of exercise, and I have a pretty high metabolism, but there's no proof.
Anyway.
There's a sort of state I end up in which always precedes a seizure, but I can be in it without having one, especially since I started medication to not have them. The most obvious part of it is that I suddenly am not able to recognise language, written or spoken, although I am aware enough to notice this and still recognise a tone of voice when someone else is speaking. If it gets nearer to me having a seizure, it gets so extreme that my brain starts interpreting nearly every sound as a word or phrase I've heard, but still can't recognise what they mean, resulting in an insane mashup of random phrases that would probably make me go insane if I could tell what was being said (although at that point I'm about to pass out, so it doesn't affect me much regardless).

Basically, I get deja vu turned up to 11.

It's caused by your brain breaking.
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.