[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is he our generation's Einstein?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

File: Genius.jpg (1MB, 2162x2162px) Image search: [Google]
Genius.jpg
1MB, 2162x2162px
Is he our generation's Einstein?
>>
why is he so memed? Whats wrong with the guy?
>>
>>7665663
He's black
>>
>>7665658
I'm not sure he even does research.
>>
He doesn't do actual research, but I'm glad he's educating the public with science education. Carl Sagan would be proud.
>>
Maybe more like the next Bill Nye, but with more degrees.
>>
>>7665658
He is our generations Sagan. Witten is the closet thing we have to an Einstein.
>>
>>7665722
>closet
closest*
>>
>>7665658
Bait here makes me laugh.
>>
>>7665658
he's our Sagan

his job is essentially to serve as a diplomat between science and the public

3/10 got me to reply
>>
He's done less science than Mr. Wizard.

I am still grateful that he is bringing the humanity to science. I mean, why would a person watch a 90 minute football match just to watch their one favorite player make two of the 5 total goals in the game? Because they see the effort and see the teamwork and see the humanity in the sport.

Tyson actually makes casuals think about how important the work of other humans are doing and how much effort it takes, but how its not outside of their understanding, for the most part.
>>
>>7665797
This also has the unintended side effect of producing tons of annoying science XD wanna-be-intellectual losers and plague of positivism in philosophical fields.
>>
File: troll.jpg (26KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
troll.jpg
26KB, 500x500px
>>7665794
This.

Nice bait though.
>>
>>7665722

I would say this, except the fact that Witten is more like if Einstein just binged on speed and cocaine everyday while working only on his stuff.

Witten is fuckin' nuts man, and String theory is what happens when autism collapses in on itself
>>
>>7665794
Go back to IFLS
>>
lolwhat, hes a random guy who happened to be on tv, little more of a genius than any other actor
>>
>>7665658
>Maybe if I try to hype him I can convince people to hate him.
>>
>>7665663
Hes black so he became a poster boy for SJWs and reddit keks.

He is famous for starting the Pluto no longer a planet thing.
>>
>>7665658
Yeah, he started a revolution in science that we have now Lazers and lightspeed spaceships and shit... Almost all these mainstream fuckers do is turn physics and mathematics to imaginary shit that have nothing to do with maths and calculations, only dumb fuckers think these fuys are smart
>>
>>7665865
>muh sekrit club elitism
Fuck off
>>
"What amazes me..."
>crowd is tense, suspension building
"about the universe..."
>someone lets out a gasp, last rows stand up to witness this
"is how it is so unimaginably.."
>people knocking over chairs and mauling their way through the crowd to get closer
"BIG it is."
>stampede ensues, heads explode from trying to imagine the size of the universe, only those who wear steel-lined fedoras can contain their brains
>National Geopraphic directors climb mountains of bodies to get to le black science man and make offers of TV shows of him explaining how big the universe is
>christians worldwide shoot themselves in after this display of reasoning. God himself descends from the sky and vanishes in a puff of logic.
>>
>>7665794
This

Even though i'm a huge fan,you can never compare him to Einstein
>>
>>7666206
fuck
>>
File: Smiling_redhead_girl.jpg (102KB, 391x437px) Image search: [Google]
Smiling_redhead_girl.jpg
102KB, 391x437px
>>7666206
thanks for this m8
>>
File: 1430573118120.png (431KB, 493x438px) Image search: [Google]
1430573118120.png
431KB, 493x438px
>>7666206
Well done.
>>
File: 1437151895683.jpg (38KB, 422x600px) Image search: [Google]
1437151895683.jpg
38KB, 422x600px
>>7665794
Not as cool as Sagan but then again, that's the point, to appeal to as broad a spectrum of people as possible, especially youth.
>>
>>7665658
No
>>
>>7665658
Yes in that he's a meme scientist, no in terms of contributions.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.