[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Aero Engineering major with a new PC

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

So, my old $210 refurbished Dell PC finally imploded after about 2 years. I'm getting a new one with gaming components in it, but as I hear from my friends in The Netherlands, they need higher-performance PCs for Bio-Lab simulations, pictures, programs, etc.

I'm at a massive point where I'm at 'generals' in school and I don't give a fuck anymore, Calc 3 and Mechanics Of Materials, the latter taught by the most sporadic person I've ever been forced under, and the former difficulty but not impossible.
M8s I need higher level stuff to keep interested.

I never learned the following:
Creo/CAD, MATlab, Arduino, C++, Java

I really want to get into modeling and/or simulations.

What would /sci/ reccomend I do with this new hardware, now that I'm able to run shit, for more interest in this field with stuff that is relevant?
Sorry for great wall of text.
Pic unrelated. 8x freedom-cals
>>
>>7664433
>Engineering major
>"I never learned CAD"
And this is why university is a scam
>>
>>7664443
I'm a chemical engineer and I never learned CAD. They focused on teaching us aspenONE hysys and matlab.

CAD is really just for civil/mech/EE isn't it?

Even the apple math and applied physics people I talk to spend most of their time in maple or matlab, not cad.
>>
>>7664445
How are you gonna design the plant without CAD?
>>
>>7664448
Not my problem? I just specify process conditions, write up P&ID diagrams, and then tell the mechE guys to design the reaction vessels once start-up and steady state conditions have been determined.

Then the MechE people pass off those designs to EE and tell them not to let a power surge destroy any of the pumps or compressors.

Engineering is a team effort :3
>>
>>7664443
My uni IS a fucking scam. They basically forced out the best teacher they had by not letting him run any Electrical Engineering courses. I was also forced by many groups to take a plethora of bullshit liberal arts courses which I couldn't care less about, not allowing me to learn CAD like I wanted to.
My credit loads for my first two years were 16/18 18/20. So if I wanted to take cad, it would have raised it to 22/24.

>>7664450
Indeed my good anon ;3 teemwork!! :D
>>
>>7664450
>Engineering is a team effort
>Engineering is an inefficient clusterfuck
FTFY
>>
>>7664471
Nice reddit slang, good to know you all are here
>>
boomp

will be asleep for a while but pls give suggestions ;_;

what should I do with my new hardwaer
>>
>>7664433
Try to find a torrent of NX 9 or 10 and learn to use that, it's pretty much industry standard for aero CAD
>>
>>7665438
NX 9 or 10? Danks m9
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.