[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/Face/ Transplant Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 9

File: 4a8259427562956.jpg (27KB, 540x301px) Image search: [Google]
4a8259427562956.jpg
27KB, 540x301px
The NYU Langone Medical Center has completed the most extensive face transplant ever, under Dr Eduardo D. Rodriguez.

The receiver of the transplant was a volunteer fire-fighter, Patrick Hardison, who was injured in early Sept 2001 when a burning house roof collapsed on him.
Despite 70 surgeries, he could not return his life to normality.
The donor was David P Rodebaugh, an artist and cycler who died aged 26.
The face and the scalp were transferred, including, for the first time ever, the eyelids and blinking muscles and also for the first time ever, the ears and ear canals.
The hair and beard are growing as normal, and Patrick could blink from the 3rd day of recovery.
Patrick, like all transplant patients, will need to take anti-rejection meds for the rest of his life.

>http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2015/11/151116112312.htm

Neat.
He looks tired, though.

The most face-transplantiest face transplant ever.
>>
That's super cool. If I were him I'd be pumped about having a relatively normal face again.
>>
from wojak to pepe
>>
>>7664411
Jej
Big improvement.
Wojak is a little faggot. Pepe is big time.

Nice triple dubs.
>>
pic related, real donor
>>
File: allahtakethewheel.jpg (49KB, 720x526px) Image search: [Google]
allahtakethewheel.jpg
49KB, 720x526px
>>7664399
went from looking like a friendly alien to a confused car salesman

also

>>volunteer firefighter
>>early September 2001
>>collaped roof
>>
>>7664399
Honestly I'd rather just go full phantom of the opera and hide behind a mask rather than wear someone else's face.
>>
how long til this shit goes cosmetic
>>
>>7664399
that's cool but he's blind right?
>>
>>7664399
Looks like they put a fat guy's face onto a skinny man's body.
>>
If I ever got my face fucked up, I'd never bother with desperate shit like that will leave me looking like a bad clay work. I'd get my bits and pieces of flesh cleaned up and mount a carbon-fiber mask that will make me look like a movie character.

But never the face transplant.
>>
>>7664625
like anything new in medicine i'tll just get better in the future m8.
>>
>>7664625
But then people will care who you are. Are you even a big guy?
>>
>>7664399
I'd rather stay mangled, myself.

Looks to me like he's probably blind either way. Considering the actual surgery and typical problems with rejection, I can't see it being worth it. You'd still appear strange either way. Although I understand their reasoning to an extent. It's about confidence and being able to blend, even if it means looking like an imitation.
>>
I would just kill my self I guess
>>
I don't know why they don't just wear masks and hoods everywhere. They could become a real-life superhero.
>>
>>7664640
This, why settle for looking like some loser when you can become deadpool?
>>
>>7664643
>>7664640
It's literally thousand times cheaper and thousands times cooler looking
>>
>>7664625
>>7664640

This, why don't they just fit a badass Vader style mask?
>Someone is giving you shit
>You take off the mask
>They run screaming
>>
>>7664646
>>7664649

Passed your teens it becomes more clear how you and the world really can or will work. I don't agree with the choice he made, but it's clear why he made it.
>>
>>7664411
Hahahaha
>>
>>7664653
wouldn't you wanna see this every time you look in the mirror ? You can make any mask you'd like any you will have an understandable reason to wear it all the time. Not only that, it would have to be integrated to your face to protect your muscles and nerves.

I'm just thinking of these coz i like terminator, you can have any face you want.
>>
>>7664609
I simply hate the idea of permanent
>anti-rejection meds
>>
>>7664804
I bet you have tattoos and piercings too
>>
>>7664836
I don't.
>>
>>7664829
well if you're face is permanently disfigured, I think its a good idea to permanently cool it up.
>>
>>7664804
>>7664855
using a badass, aggressive looking terminator-like mask would give the same impression to the rest of the world as having maori tatoos all over your neck. Probably not a good idea.
Something sort of simple would probably be a good idea. Maybe one of those japanese kitsune masks, a particularly flat one, without too much coloring. Or, something like a carnival mask, but less fancy and decorated looking.
>>
File: 1445789885605.jpg (148KB, 367x347px) Image search: [Google]
1445789885605.jpg
148KB, 367x347px
having some dead guys face sewed to your head is like the most fucking horrific thing imaginable.
>>
>>7665179

I have no idea why people feel the obligation to put a organic meaty looking human face rather than anything they can imagine. Even normal people get bored of their bodies and modify the shit out of them with saline, piercings and implants.

Changing your face can even create a new trend where people do these things to appear stylish and different. We would truly jump a few centuries ahead to a futuristic setting where these things are publicly accepted, commercialized and even competed.
>>
Does this mean we can do full scalp transplants to cure baldness?
>>
>>7665208
The "organic meaty human face" is rather good at adapting to organic meaty human needs and behaviors. I mean, what's going to happen when that image you posted opens its mouth? Regeneration, pliability, circulation. Even ignoring aesthetics, natural skin's got some pretty good functions. We have the material technology to create internal support meshes, but the rigors of the face are pretty extreme.
>>
>>7664411

ZEZ!
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.