[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is intelligence?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

What is intelligence?
>>
you're mum idiot
>>
Intelligence has been defined in many different ways including one's capacity for logic, abstract thought, understanding, self-awareness, communication, learning, emotional knowledge, memory, planning, creativity and problem solving.
>>
>>7664292
For sure. Agreed that there are several types of intelligence, but how to define this concept accurately?
>>7664281
u're gay
>>
>>7664279
It's what ur mum doesn't have
>>
The ability of connect different concepts to build a new concept.

The ability of interpret correctly something and find a solution for it.
>>
File: 132149909382.jpg (716KB, 2713x2937px) Image search: [Google]
132149909382.jpg
716KB, 2713x2937px
something i lack

;_;
>>
For me intelligence is really your skill level in general. I'm pretty sure 'intelligence' is highly correlated with everything from your ability of cooking to solving a quantitative problem. Are you agreeing?
>>
>>7664279
>>>/his/
>>
The ability to acquire knowledge, to think and reason effectively, and to deal adaptively to the environment.

Carrol's Three-Stratum model is a good integrative view on the nature of intelligence.

Sternberg's Triarchic theory of intelligence is also quite interesting.
>>
intelligence is smoking mad weed instead of going to class
>>
>>7664292
What is abstract, what is thought, what is understanding, what is self, what is awareness, what is communication, what is learning, what is emotion, what is knowledge, what is memory, what is planning, what is creativity, what is problem, what is solving?
>>
>>7664279
Baby don't science me
>>
some things sometimes cannot be explained by plain words but a feeling and/or thought... in order to answer your question ask yourself the same and after some time you will find the answer
>>
mere words are inferior when it comes to describing abstract ..."things"
>>
>>7665012
What is a Dictionary
Go buy one nigga
>>
>>7664279
empathy
>>
Our ability to create dank memes
>>
>>7664279
There are more types but most agree that intelligence is the ability to connect things
>>
The ability to accurately synthesize information and the ability to apply those synthesizations.

The imaginative spirit gave rise to what those erudite souls now accept as fact.
>>
>>7665008
I hate people like this. I bust my ass all semester to get a C- and some motherfucker rolls into class on his longboard for the first time, still stinking of cannabis and gets a goddamn A. If there is a God, he sure hates my ass.
>>
>>7664279
its mean smart.
>>
File: 0009-1342856426803.jpg (36KB, 458x639px) Image search: [Google]
0009-1342856426803.jpg
36KB, 458x639px
>>7664279
It's the brain's ability to efficiently exploit and apply a large number of cognitive functions in order to achieve an objective.
>>
>>7664534
Actually you just reminded me there's been a few /his/ threads popping up that debate the nature of consciousness. A lot of fellas there are arguing that it is a metaphysical objects (coming from the soul or whatever), could /sci/ refute their claims?
>>
>>7668516
start cutting someones brain to pieces while he is alive watch him lose more and more cognitive functions there you got your consciousness
>>
>>7664298
>how to define this concept accurately?
You don't. You use the definition that is suitable for given situation. eg. if talk about students in school to their parents you say that intelligent kids are the ones with good grades, when you talk about your dog you say it's intelligent because it understands your simple commands, you call alien life forms intelligent when they are self-aware and can understand basic concepts of math or whatever. It's a word that describes various capabilities depending on situation.

>>7666979
>tfw it describes me
It feels good man.
>>
>>7665899
this and sex with a pregnant woman
>>
>>7669252
Wouldnt that just be your large intestine?

imo OP, the conceptual frame of the small intestine describes it well, along side compartmentalization
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.