[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Marijuana

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6

File: Vertex.jpg (2MB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Vertex.jpg
2MB, 2560x1600px
is recreational Marijuana hazardous in adolescent? Or is this grade a Bull Shiite
New Zealanders claim that 8 Iq points are lost in frequent users during adolescence, and other journals claim permanent changes in the hippocampus and other brain structures. I thinking. no one can agree on a universal definition of IQ, so how can they constitute this.Plus the hippocampus is the only region in the brain that undergoes neurogenesis, what is happening. further more, adollecnces is a period of time where neural connections are being made to mature the mind. Cannabis is know to promote neural connectedness and longevity of nerve cells, wouldn't this constitute increase in intelligence, i.e. more connections greater IQ potential?. Human nature is literally achieve states of balance/Homeostasis, admits external and internal change.
What are we missing?
>>
>>7661351
Judging by your post, you are 13 years old, high, and suffering some sort of learning disability. Am I right?

If I'm wrong about the learning disability, then I guess that justifies the study.

Or, here's a hint, try reading the study in question. Want to know how they measured IQ? Read the study. Why do they think there were changed in brain structures other than the hippocampus? Read the study. What about your neurogenesis concerns? Read the fucking study.
>>
Theres a lot of these stupid pot justification threads now.
Yes it is ultimately bad for you.
If you want to smoke weed then fucking smoke it jackass.
>>
>>7661351
>the hippocampus is the only region in the brain that undergoes neurogenesis
> only

[citation needed] faggot
>>
>>7661351
Yes pot is bad for you you. Who gives a shit,

But on a side note I always wondered if we legalized marijuana wouldn't everyone be high eventually? I mean it travels through Air, if enough people smoked pot wouldn't the air get "polluted with pot"?
I have seen people go to Colorado and get high without even fucking smoking anything.
>>
>>7662220
>if enough people smoked pot wouldn't the air get "polluted with pot
this is a great example of why stoners are dumbfucks
>>
>>7662225
Are you telling me I was fucking right? I though there was a way to fix this shit?

What.the.actual.fuck. People seriously didn't think about that? Jesus fucking Crist.
>>
>>7661351
If you're under 25, it will change your memory a bit.
http://www.northwestern.edu/newscenter/stories/2015/03/teen-cannabis-users-have-poor-long-term-memory-in-adulthood.html
>>
>>7662225
You bit the b8 hard
>>
pot has a negative effect on short-term memory which is still in myelination during adolescence.

i'd assume damage to short term-memory would lead to problems with IQ due to memories not being fully committed to long term memory.just a hypothesis though. other than that I don't think it would reasonably do anything else, except you know like smoke damage and stuff.
>>
>>7661351
>Calling bullshit on studies that use iq tests and noting changes in certain brain regions

>Claims neurogenesis happens only in the hippocampus and that Cannabis promotes "neural connectedness and longevity of nerve cells".
[citations needed]

>wouldn't this constitute increase in intelligence
Assuming it's true, why would it? Just because you want it too?

>Human nature is literally achieve states of balance/Homeostasis, admits external and internal change.
What?

Calling science bullshit and then spouting you're own made up facts makes you look like an idiot.
>>
>>7662245
Why even? It was a legitament question? How did you even conclude b8?
>>
>>7662235
Any anon legitametly know if it would?
I know I must be missing something there's no way so many people are this stupid.
>>
>>7662220
Please tell me you didnĀ“t wrote this sober.
Ive meet many stoners, alot of regular ones that are "normal" thoughtfull and producktive individuals in society and some idiotik retards that smoke it everyday without controll. But thought was so utterly dumb that I can only imagine a porson with down-syndrome tripping balls on glue having such thought.
>be "stoner" myself btw, it helps behaving like a normalfag
>>
>>7661351
Of course it can have negative effects, like nearly everything including oxygen which can be linked to natural aging prozesses (since it can damage the DNA).
>increased intelligence
Just nope: A substance that delays neuronal connections cant alter your intelligence positively. Just stop smoking weed at your age kid. You can still do it if your grown up but your post was just dumb as fuck
>>
>>7661351
i definitely believe it hurt my awareness, my motivation and my organizational ability, but any effect will probably be totally gone in 5-10 years if you're really worried about it.
>>
>>7663631
How the fuck? Most of the population smokes ...goes to air....Have you seen Colorado?
>>
File: retardedautist.jpg (67KB, 345x363px) Image search: [Google]
retardedautist.jpg
67KB, 345x363px
>>7663792
>entire world smokes cigarettes
>why isnt there cigarette smoke in all air
>>
>>7661351
First, citation needed on a lot of your shit.

Second, the IQ study and another one that explained how it fucks up your receptors was done on heavy users (defined as around 3 blunts daily). That does not mean on lesser amounts it does not do shit, but rather just less damage. Of course smoking ocassionaly will have next to no effect.

Third point, more connections does not mean higher IQ or smarter, since it can also mean less efficient connections.

What I am really interested in is in LSD use in teenagers and adults, looking how ergoloid use has an age dependent effect.
>>
>>7663795
You are right about the cigarettes not causing much of a problem.
I just though the smoke would be different I mean bro not all of this shit is the same . As well as the fact that this would cause more noticeable affects on humans.
Also I would think that marijuana causes more smoke than a cigarette.

Sorry my thinking annoys you.
>>
>>7661351
I've known quite a few very successful and intelligent people who smoke, ranging pretty much all fields. Most of them aren't baked out of their mind 24/7, but would never pass up a post-class toke.

Not citing any studies or anything, just my personal experience. Lots of professionals do smoke, but it's like 'smoking in the bathroom after the kids went to bed on the weekend' sorta smoking, they don't roll around like fucking Snoop Lion or whatever his name is because their employment depends on their secrecy.

It's strange that weed gets the spotlight, when I see (first hand) the damage other substances like coke/adderall/xanax/oxy/alcohol do, and the use of those is much more prevalent. I'd rather my kid smoke the occasional joint than get stuck on any of those... actually, I'd rather my kid smoke weed every goddamn day than any of those.
>>
>>7663935
Don't take what people say here to heart.
>>
File: 1421451916320.png (70KB, 252x240px) Image search: [Google]
1421451916320.png
70KB, 252x240px
>>7663935
>Sorry my thinking annoys you

Don't delude yourself. What you are doing isn't thinking.
You are seriously wondering why the air in Colorado isn't filled with marijuana smoke, given there are supposedly many pot smokers in Colorado exhaling the smoke into the air.
What i'm wondering is why you got dropped on your head as a child.
>>
>>7661351

Wait until you're 25-27 to start smoking pot or it'll affect the way your brain is rebuilding itself during adolescence.

After that point, I see no reason to avoid it. Don't ever start nicotine, though.
>>
File: 1447734438319.png (55KB, 252x240px) Image search: [Google]
1447734438319.png
55KB, 252x240px
>>7663962
I could not help but notice your png was not optimized anon.
I have optimized your png.
Your png is now optimized.
>>
File: 1427147219206.png (102KB, 252x240px) Image search: [Google]
1427147219206.png
102KB, 252x240px
>>7663986
>maximum autism
>>
>>7663935
OP this is the kind of brain damage from smoking pot everyday since you're 13
>>
>>7663935

woah, let's not go crazy and call this "thinking"
>>
>>7663973
Marijuana is just as bad as nicotine.

A White man doesn't need drugs. Only degenerates and niggers do.
>>
>>7664071
Chronic pain.
>>
>>7664086
How about take a fucking advil like a normal person you dumbass
>>
>>7664071

First of all you clearly aren't a neuroscientist because a neuroscientist would have said something germane and intelligent about the fact that nicotinoids defend brain tissue from the gray matter lossage experienced in schizophrenics and/or a host of other neurodegenerative diseases

Secondly, you're wrong in pretty much every way that it's possible for a human being to be wrong about very basic biochemistry

Thirdly, go back to /pol/
>>
>>7664090
I'm allergic to corn and soy. Advil also does next to nothing for nerve pain.

Ever eat chocolate anon? I'll tell ya man mr. man, it can be a grand painkiller in higher doses. If you've ever eaten a chocolate bar, you can join me in my white man's degeneracy.
>>
>>7662220
>Yes pot is bad for you you. Who gives a shit,
>But on a side note I always wondered if we legalized marijuana wouldn't everyone be high eventually? I mean it travels through Air, if enough people smoked pot wouldn't the air get "polluted with pot"?
Topkek. Would get high with this guy
>>
>>7664090
lmao

>calls it advil instead of ibuprofen
>probably buys tylenol instead of acetaminophen
>hasn't even heard of naproxen sodium, probably calls it aleve

pol knows jack shit about chemistry to a degree of sheer illiteracy that continues to astonish me on a daily basis
>>
>>7662220
...dear christ i lost 80 iq just reading what you posted
>>
OP what the fuck is recreational Marijuana.

there is only recreational Marijuana use.

and no recreational activity makes you smart, it makes you happy, thats what it's there for.

as for health I don't give a fuck, someday I die and if it makes me smoke less cigs then its a good trade.

you make your own trades
>>
File: 2015-04-04 15.50.42.png (813KB, 973x677px) Image search: [Google]
2015-04-04 15.50.42.png
813KB, 973x677px
>>7663795

>Isn't old enough to remember bars, restaurants and nightclub before smoking laws.

It was fucking everywhere you fucking dumb fuck, why do you think we brought laws in you stupid fucking idiot.

How old are you by the way? Because if you are older than 25 I literally do not like you.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.