[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

White to move, who is favoured /sci//?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 7

File: chess.jpg (38KB, 476x464px) Image search: [Google]
chess.jpg
38KB, 476x464px
White to move, who is favoured /sci//?
>>
>>7654806
queen on d7 then either advance the pawn or get rid of the knight depending on what black does
>>
black because i just reported you
>>
>>7654815
to the chess.com staff that is
>>
white can do this queen to c6 check,black will put knight in d5 white can queen to c4 check,black saves queen and knight is free.
>>
Qc6+ ... Qxg2 ... ... b1
>>
>>7654821
shit forgot that knight to d5 checks white king
>>
>>7654821
or black will just put the king back in f5 and nothing will happen.
>>
>>7654823
>Qxg2
and then the knight eats the queen ggwp
>>
>>7654815
The question was, who is favoured.
>>
>>7654838
define fucking favoured.
>>
>>7654840
More likely to win in the position?
>>
>>7654846
how would you go about finding that in any case ?
>>
>>7654854
By analyzing diffirent lines of play and seeing who trumps the other when the best moves are played.
>>
>>7654838
>favoured
>not favored
kek. do u even know english? lmaooo
>>
>>7654863
>Not knowing both are correct.
Well done mate, you really showed me there.
>>
Qh5+, king wherever, Qh8 is game over for black.
>>
>>7654828
You can push the pawn quicker than the knight can capture it.

>>7654840
>>7654854
Why don't you get the fuck out if you don't know what you're talking about bitch
>>
>>7654876
>>7654877

Are you confusing a4 with h4? White has to push the pawn all the way to b8 to promote.
>>
>>7654881
>white to move
>post board from black's perspective
>>
>>7654886
>not reading the clearly marked coordinates
>>
>>7654869
>using a long word that can be spelled with fewer letters
top kek tbqhwym8
>>
File: terminators.jpg (119KB, 1000x700px) Image search: [Google]
terminators.jpg
119KB, 1000x700px
>>7654806
You need to deep strike a squadron of terminators three spaces above the white king. Then you will be in the perfect position to purge both of the heretics from the board.
>>
>>7654840
>define favoured
the one who wins if both are playing perfectly?
>>
>>7654806
white because it has more pieces
>>
>>7654827
but then you can eat the tower
>>
>>7654992
>eat tower
>horse eats you
can you think for more than 1 minute before spouting shit?
>>
>>7654999
fite irl faggit
>>
>>7654932
>implying short words are superior to majestic letter trains

>>7654979
but black has two pieces that can work together
>>
>>7654999
What does that matter? White will win the pawn race and now black has shitty non-end game material.

Faggots obsessed with not getting their queen captured is the first sign of an amateur chess player.
>>
>>7655118
He won't win the pawn race becase the pawn has to move 5 squares. Either way, nd5 checks your king and your move was pretty much redundant.
>>
Kc6 is clearly the superior move
>>
File: moviediagram.php.gif (190KB, 288x288px) Image search: [Google]
moviediagram.php.gif
190KB, 288x288px
>>7654806
>white to move
White is in a better position because they can start forcing checks immediately. The black king is just going to dance around the knight and pawn though, but white can make them dance until there are only bad options for alternate moves. I beat a computer as white just fucking around but the computer could have played better.
>>
>>7655163
Saying the computer could have played better is like saying the halocaust wasn't the best of experiences.
>>
>>7654932
>5/6 letters is a long word

Oh I'm sorry, did I confuse you when I wrote "letters"?
>>
>>7654823
Doesn't work quite so easily, even assuming that White is at the bottom of the board.
> 1. Qc6+ Kd3 2. Qxg2 Nxg2 3. b2 Kc2 1/2-1/2
Probably better is to play 1. .. Nd5 to block the check (and get the N closer to c3/b1), but it doesn't much matter.

However, you can see from the numbers on the board that you're looking at this from Black's side.

With good play it's likely a draw. The moment White's queen leaves the 7th rank, then after the checks are stopped, the Black rook can get down there and deliver check. If the king goes to the 8th rank, then it's essentially worthless in terms of helping the pawn up the board, and Black has a small advantage. If it moves back to the 6th rank, then it won't be there to help the pawn promote. 7th rank is strong.

Alternatively, Black can set up a fortress with those pieces, and simply push his own pawn every time White pushes his. Every check given by White is just going to help Black improve his king position.
>>
>>7654863
But that is English... at least, as it is written in England. You know, that place where the language comes from.

Though since you are clearly American, maybe you actually don't know....
>>
>>7654823
Nd5+
>>
>>7655190
7th rank being strong is something I learned from Nimzowisch's My System.
>>
>>7655195
kek. leave it to the english to be contrarians - "we don't want feet, we want meters; lets drive on the right side".

you just weren't happy with "favor", yeah? Please just stop with the overused "Americans are stupid bit," you fucking idiot.
>>
>>7655231
Weak troll is weak.
>>
>>7655236
>call something a troll
>no longer need to address an argument
>discredit all points made
please just die
>>
>>7655251
Ok, I will address you argument.
>The english langauge existed before the 'American' langauge, therefore saying that the English are being contrarians because they weren't happy with 'favor' since it existed before the American version is simply wrong.

>Secondly, bringing up the metric system is even more redundant, since you try to portray as thought the Enlgish are hardheaded for wanting to change feet to meter when the reality is the entire world except America has converted?

Think before you provoke a debate, nimwit.
>>
>>7655179
Would you rather get to work on the bus in 3 hours or 2? Both will get you to work, but one's longer.

Why write more letters when you can express the same thing with fewer?

mathematicians and scientists need to be terse, efficient and concise. Your remark alone has led me to believe you don't have the personality to be a successful scientist of any kind.
>>
>>7655260

thanks for the unprompted history lesson that's not even relevant to the point. I'm using an example: in this case it's the fact that Americans use feet and the British don't. What does the history of this system or that system have to do with anything?

>The english langauge existed before the 'American' langauge, therefore saying that the English are being contrarians because they weren't happy with 'favor' since it existed before the American version is simply wrong.

now this is kek-worthy:
>makes claim
>asserts it as fact
>X existed before Y
>therefore everything Y produced came from X.

good one. Here's a question: Do they play American football over there? If so, did that originate in England too?
>>
>>7655285
1) Using a system that the rest of the world doesn't is impractical. That is why using meter over feet is better, it has nothing to do with being contrarian.
2) It's a well known fact that the Americans pretty much just adjusted a few things to the English langauge and then called it 'American'. Why is it relevant? Because you accused them of being contrarians for that reason, hence, your claim was false.

How are you not getting this? Do you even logic bro? I feel dumbed down talking to you.
>>
>>7655285

Oh, and finally, I never said everything Y produced came from X. Just fabrication of your mind to try and win an argument you have already lost. Stay strong bro, one day it'll click.
>>
>>7654806
Qc6+ Nd5+
Kd8

Threatening Qc2+ (reponse Rxc2 xc2 ... c1 = Q) with the end result of trading a pawn for a rook.
>>
>>7654806
/tg/ is leaking
>>
>>7655262
>Why write more letters when you can express the same thing with fewer?
Y rit mor leters wen u can xpres t sam thin with fewr?
>>
File: dontevenneed.jpg (88KB, 592x799px) Image search: [Google]
dontevenneed.jpg
88KB, 592x799px
>>7656133
>>
White queen to a4, king moves wherever, then move queen to a2, if rook doesn't take queen, move up pawn either way black will lose rook or white will gain a queen by pawn while taking out rook. Hell you could even take rook after moving queen to a2 and sure you'll lose it but move pawn up to get queen and ultimately black lost a rook. So id say white is favoured.
>>
Stockfish says white is clearly favored.

That said, maybe if OP wasn't a faggot and posted a coherent set of coordinates maybe we could actually see some shit.

>white to move
>blacks perspective

White's pawn is 5 moves away from queening.
>>
>>7654806
White's probably better. Qh5+ Kc4 Qh7 seems bad for black. Kc6 allows g7 (Rxg7 Qh6). Kd6 Qh8 also doesn't look great.
>>
>>7656442
board's upside down
>>
>>7654806
I dunno. I'm a chess novice. Someone play me.

>Queen to A4.
>>
File: Check.png (358KB, 991x1005px) Image search: [Google]
Check.png
358KB, 991x1005px
>>7656458
>>
>>7656458
i mean... he can't do that... right?

he checked black but he didn't move his king out of check?
>>
>>7656467

King to 3f.
>>
File: images.jpg (5KB, 204x247px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
5KB, 204x247px
anyone here gonna watching the fischer random match on friday?

I've always thought that the vegas millionaire tournament should focus on fischer random, or at least feature it next to classical, especially since the organizers are trying to market as something more accessible than your typical invite only super-gm only tournament

also has this autistic neanderthal already peaked?
>>
>>7654806
that's a win for white
anyway, why ask here if you can plug the position into any engine and get the result
or find 7man tablebases online and get the result
>>7656667
he's still 20-something
he probably can get better
>>
>>7654857
>who trumps
No, that's in Bridge.
>>
>>7657823
It might be a theoretical win, I haven't checked (are there 7 man tablebases these days? ...wow), but I suspect that most humans aren't going to be able to win it against decent opposition. Black has a solid position and it's going to be difficult for White to stop him from queening that pawn without losing his own, likely leading to a draw after both pawns are liquidated (probably ends up as Q vs R+N).
>>
File: deep blue.jpg (173KB, 600x902px) Image search: [Google]
deep blue.jpg
173KB, 600x902px
>>
i think black wins
>>
>>7656660

not the other guy, but if he doesn't show, qc6
>>
Queen being worth 9 points, rooks 5, knights 3 and pawns 1, white's favoured.

Personally I'd move wKc6 wKc5 (pawn preventing bRc2) wQd4

If bNe6 wQ takes. bN can't take wKc5
>>
>>7658460
>>7654806
Left out the OP for reference.
>>
>>7658460
>pawn preventing bRc2
You are looking at the board backward.
>>
>>7654806
White is favored. His next move is Kb6
>>
White
>>
>>7658292
ok don't mind me i didn't notice the board is from black's perspective
who the fuck posts a board this way
>>
>>7654806
It's a 7-piece endgame, so it's been solved exactly. The 7-piece tablebase is not freely available I think. Anyone with a licence wanna look up how this goes with perfect play? FEN is this:

8/2KQ4/8/4p3/4kn2/1P6/6r1/8 w - -
>>
>>7658753
>who the fuck posts a board this way
... that would be the player with Black, pleb
>>
>>7654806
I've been running Stockfish 6 on this position. A lot of the moves I considered forced, so I didn't have to run calculations for very long. Other moves though, Stockfish wavered on what was the best move, and I wasn't sure what the best was either.

In any case, one interesting observation was that initially white was rated as being one point ahead, but as the game progressed, white only was deemed to have a 0.5 point advantage.

Here are the moves I've made so far:
1. Kb6 + Rg1
2. Qc8 + Nd3
3. b4 + Kd4
4. Qd7 + Ke3
5. Qa7 + Rb1
6. b5 + e4
7. Qg7 + Kd2
8. Qg2 + Ke3
9. Qc2

At the a depth search of 32, Rd1 is recommended. Although, when the previous move was being calculated, at a depth search of 29, blacks best move was predicted to be Rc1. Therefore, I'm going let the next move be calculated for several hours.

Has anyone else ran Stockfish 6, Komodo 9, or Houdini, and found the same results as I have?
>>
>>7659555
>At the a depth search of 32, Rh1 is recommended.
FIXT
>>
>>7658456

King to 4g.
Thread posts: 77
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.