[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can someone explain to me what genetics tell us about Europeans

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: 411414141.gif (77KB, 800x544px) Image search: [Google]
411414141.gif
77KB, 800x544px
Can someone explain to me what genetics tell us about Europeans and especially Germanic people? I'm not a stormfag by the way
>>
That they are a unique genetic clustering that should be preserved and protected rather than thrown onto the alter of globalism to satisfy some transient neo-Marxist political wetdream.
>>
File: R1b-L23.gif (80KB, 800x545px) Image search: [Google]
R1b-L23.gif
80KB, 800x545px
It tells us Indo-european speakers came to Europe from the mountains of the middle east as picrelated is the distribution of the R1b which is ancestral to all western European R1b.
>>
>>7654782
Is there anything mentionable about people with green eyes? ie, people from around the eurasian mountainous area?
>>
>>7654744
>neomarxism
You should really stop using this. It doesn't mean anything really
>>
>>7654725
>Germanic people
Germanic people, or rather Germanic peoples as well as Europeans in general are a mix of more groups of peoples than we have any idea about.

BBC world news seemingly has monthly updates on what groups entered Europe when and from where and what they looked like. Latest I remember was that there was one group of fair skinned dark eyed and a second with dark skinned blue eyed plus a third groups we know even less about that ended up producing Europeans that now are typically fair skinned blue eyed and darker skinned brown eyed.. Just how this is possible is not explained.

Also PK makes this a hot button topic. Like what were the Ayran people. Some say they brought the skill of agriculture to Europe and others they they never existed but instead there as a wave like transmission of knowledge only.

Meanwhile Persia changed name to Iran meaning "the land of the Aryans" since they thought this was cool, about the only thing the Shah and the ayatollas could agree on.

Mind: blown.
>>
>>7654725
>I'm not a stormfag by the way
SUREEEEEEE. Here I'll help you.
>>>/pol/ BACK TO YOUR CAVE, FILTHY SUBHUMAN.
>>
>>7654782
>mixing languages with genetics

SHIGGITYDIGGITY
>>
>>7655703
>SUREEEEEEE. Here I'll help you.
>REEEEEEE

>>>/r9k/ Back to your cave, filthy beta.
>>
>>7655703
> everyone whos coming off like a stormfag is a stormfag
> everyone who says theyre not a stormfag is a stormfag
you're fucking retarded
>>
>>7654725
Genetics is complex as fuck and is prone to oversimplification.

Expect 90% of the shit people say in this thread to be wrong.
>>
>>7654785
Green eyes is a diverse trait found in many different groups of people, particularly of European descent. You can't isolate such a vague feature to one region or group of people.
>>
>>7655677
This actually sounds pretty accurate, I've also heard of there being about 3 (maybe more) large waves of migration into the continent of Europe, all coming from the middle east. One is associated with lactose-tolerance, and agriculture. Beyond that we don't really know much. A shit-ton of mixing definitely occurred though, and most modern Europeans possess a healthy mix of DNA, making it almost impossible to differentiate genetic differences between groups based on something as arbitrary as national origin.

Also haplogroups are possibly the worst way of trying to guess at the movement or origin of a people, your haplogroup only shows one line of descent which could be >1% of your actual DNA.
>>
>>7654725
>that deep red covering Britain
Did the Roman Empire even try?
>>
File: europe.png (236KB, 1600x1538px) Image search: [Google]
europe.png
236KB, 1600x1538px
>>7654782
This complete and utter psuedoscience

Kurgan hypothesis is the excepted mainstream of the origins of Indo europeans, I always see you polluting peoples minds with your invalidated theorys please stop this. This y dna haplogroup subclade literally has nothing to do with indo europeans and is hardly even prevalent

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kurgan_hypothesis
>The Kurgan hypothesis (also known as the Kurgan theory or Kurgan model) is the most widely accepted proposal of several solutions to explain the origins and spread of the Indo-European languages.[note 1

>Marija Gimbutas defined the "Kurgan culture" as composed of four successive periods, with the earliest (Kurgan I) including the Samara and Seroglazovo cultures of the Dnieper/Volga region in the Copper Age (early 4th millennium BC). The bearers of these cultures were nomadic pastoralists, who, according to the model, by the early 3rd millennium BC had expanded throughout the Pontic-Caspian steppe and into Eastern Europe.[3]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indo-European_migrations
>The Indo-European language and culture spread in several stages from the Proto-Indo-European Eurasian homeland at the Pontic steppes, into western Europe, central Asia and India. This process started with the introduction of cattle at the Eurasian steppes around 5200 BCE, which led to a new kind of culture. Between 4500 and 2000 BCE, this "horizon", which includes several distinctive cultures, spread-out over the Pontic steppes, and outside into Europe and Asia.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samara_culture
>These three cultures (the Samara, and successors the Khvalynsk and early Yamna) have roughly the same range. Marija Gimbutas was the first to regard it as the Urheimat (homeland) of the Proto-Indo-European language and to hypothesize that the Eneolithic culture of the region was in fact Proto-Indo-European. If this model is true, then the Samara culture becomes overwhelmingly important for Indo-European studies.
>>
>>7655943
http://genetics.med.harvard.edu/reich/Reich_Lab/Welcome.html

Not to mention the leading genetic anthropologist Dr. David Reich agrees with the Kurgan Hypothesis

http://genetics.med.harvard.edu/reich/Reich_Lab/Welcome_files/nature14317.pdf
>“Massive migration from the steppe was a source for Indo-European languages in Europe”
>>
>>7655943
>>7655947
Ok now that I have established this, I will explain what Y dna, specifically what y dna haplogroups and their subclades tell us about the Germanic people.

First off, let me explain ydna since many misunderstand it. Y dna is inherited from your direct paternal ancestor and is only a fraction of your total genetic heritage and tells you little about a person ancestry other than who their great great great great etc grandfather was.

Despite this its useful in identifying migrations of people and is based on actual mutations where as autosomal dna is based off reference populations.

So what does ydna tell us about the Germanic people? There are many Haplogroups associated with the Germanic people. The one you have shown here>>7654725 is associated with the indo europeans ancestors of germany and seems to have been spread to the british isles by the anglo saxon people.

Another prominent haplogroup among the Germanic people is ydna I1a. It seems to have spread from scandinavia southward when the Germanic people moved from scandinavia to the european mainland. It was most likely originally part of a non indo european population, a pre indo european group thats ydna was once more common but stayed prevalent safe in scandinavia during the yamnaya expansion.

The next prominent ydna group among Germans is 12a2. Found mostly in northern sweden and central Germany it also represents a pre indo european group.

The Germanic people also have large amounts of R1a. Although I cant name the haplogroup off the top of my head it is thought that it was brought by another indo european group, a satem one which reflects why german straddles between a Centum and Satem indo european language.

The final prevalent group is a separate subclade of r1b, r1b-s28 that is thought to represent the italo-celto people that originally inhabited the area.

This map includes all subclades mentioned here except the specific r1a sublclades and one of the r1b ones
>>
>>7655677
>Meanwhile Persia changed name to Iran meaning "the land of the Aryans" since they thought this was cool

Uh no

Iranians have been calling their nation "Iran" for at least the last 2500 years. There is a engraving somewhere which quotes Darius saying:

"I am Darius the great king, king of kings, king of countries containing all kinds of men, king in this great earth far and wide, son of Hystaspes, an Achaemenid, a Persian, son of a Persian, an Aryan, having Aryan lineage. "

Notice the last part
>>
>>7655798
>I've also heard of there being about 3 (maybe more) large waves of migration into the continent of Europe, all coming from the middle east.
Eh, not exactly, there was only one group from the middle east. Note that they are not genetically the same as modern middle easteners but group closest with Sardinians.

Look at the study I posted here>>7655947
. We have developed more info passed this but its a good place to start

>>7655677
This is also wrong in a few areas, EEF brought agriculture, Indo europeans had nothing to do with its origins.

And it also seems that the history of fair eyes, skin, etc is more complicated then we thought. We cant pin any of it too a single group since we we received info of light skinned people without EEF ancestry in europe
>>
>>7656035
>This is also wrong in a few areas, EEF brought agriculture, Indo europeans had nothing to do with its origins.
Where then did the EEF come from?
>>
>>7657691
The middle east, where agriculture originated
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.