[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Uploading your consciousness to a computre like in Chappie

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: 1447148045822.jpg (636KB, 1600x2600px) Image search: [Google]
1447148045822.jpg
636KB, 1600x2600px
Is Uploading your consciousness to a computre like in Chappie possible?
>>
Great thread.
>>
>>7654690
You can't represent the whole of Japanese art with the Edo period alone. Least that's probably when it's from without bothering to look it up.
>>
>>7654690
>The Japanese guy has an X-Men badge.
>He is a mutant.
>That is actually how he looked in real life.
>>
File: 1327254298164.jpg (196KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
1327254298164.jpg
196KB, 720x480px
>>7654690

You're an upload experiencing a simulation right now.
>>
>>7654690
>everyone else
>boring sameshit
>Japan
>actually trying something different
>>
>>7654766
>trying something different

more like actually diffrent
>>
It really all comes down to defining consciousness and most "definitions" would argue that whatever personality and memories you've given to a robot are a copy of you and nothing more.

The closest you can get is replacing every neuron in your head to the robot but that's some pop sci fi bullshit.

You're better off hoping for the singularity at which point the average lifespan increases faster than you age and hope you get lucky as shit not getting shot/super cancer/the world blowing up/etc.
>>
>>7654690
i lold so hard at this pic

Serious question: is ther any "realistic" art from japan? Especially from that time period?
>>
Outside of magicland no.

Let's say somehow you can perfectly replicate "consciousness' (and this assumes every single scientist is able to come up with a universal definition of it) and apply it to an advanced AI that will perfectly replicate "you".

You do this weird magical Matrix hookup, are given Anonbot who is a perfect replica of your thoughts and memories up until that point, AND you get up out of the chair and leave. You haven't taken the "consciousness" of yourself and given it to the robot. You've created an exact copy of it.
>>
>>7654766
> draws retarded stickman next to a rembrandt
> look guise i made something special
you are unique alright.
>>
File: 1440661513571.jpg (247KB, 900x578px) Image search: [Google]
1440661513571.jpg
247KB, 900x578px
>>7654690 (OP)
>Uploading your consciousness to a computre like in Chappie possible?
Do you mean: "can I put on a hat with wires that scans my brain and automatically creates a program that serves as a reasonable replica of me?"?
...then, yeah, sure, I think they have that at Best Buy.

If you mean "would that really be me?", then the answer is clearly NO.

Dumbass Chappie should have taken his creator to a fuckin' hospital.
>>
>>7655311
This is why the only hope is for semblance of biological immortality.

It's still just as unlikely but brain in a jar doesn't have to deal with the whole define your consciousness thing.
>>
>>7655318
It really doesn't hinge of definitions.
If I make a simulation of me, I'm not going to magically wake up in the computer.
But if you put my brain in a jar, then I'll wake up in the jar.
>>
>>7655339
I took the idea of "upload" as the ability to transfer the consciousness rather than make an explicit copy.

That relies on consciousness being a thing that's somehow able to be exchanged from an organic body to a purely mechanical body and I couldn't begin to imagine how the fuck that would work but still.
>>
>>7655318
>It's still just as unlikely

>>7655350
>I took the idea of "upload" as the ability to transfer the consciousness

In that case, "semblance of biological immortality." is FAR more likely,
>>
>>7654690
The question is if the upload would be 'you.' In most implementations, no, it probably wouldn't. However, if you were going for absolute maximum fidelity you wouldn't want to leave any information behind in the brain at all. This would include it's quantum state. Quantum teleportation of an entire brain is an absolutely ridiculous task and in all probability can't be done, but if you could do it, your youness, your identity, would be protected by the no-broadcast theorem.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.