[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mass Consciousness anyone?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6

File: consciousness-grid.jpg (76KB, 400x233px) Image search: [Google]
consciousness-grid.jpg
76KB, 400x233px
Ideas, experiences, questions, knowledge, etc?
>>
Coming from the round earther
>>
Use complete sentences and maybe I'll give you an actual reply.
>>
>>7653890
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Collective_unconscious
>>
>>7653890
Ballsack.
>>
literally not science
>>
>>7653977
>literally not science
It's been discussed in both high school and college psychology classes for me, even unplausible science is still science.
>>
File: ss+(2015-11-11+at+08.41.53).png (7KB, 545x144px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2015-11-11+at+08.41.53).png
7KB, 545x144px
>>7653980
you need some better teachers
>>
>>7653890
Consciousness is divided by strings of experience from individual perspectives. At it's core it is a single pervasive essence that transcends space and time.
>>
>>7653890
why the fuck are there nodes in the ocean and in Africa?
>>
>>7654069
Do you have a single fact to back that up?
>>
>>7653985
Why not? It is interesting to talk about. and like I literally just said
>even unplausible science is still science

I don't think it's a stretch to say that there could be a very basic "mass consciousness" built into our DNA, like where our instincts come from. All/most humans have certain thoughts pre-programmed into them, such as greed.
>>
>>7654082
>>even unplausible science is still science
Parts of psychology are barely a science, and that certainly doesn't include pseudo-religious crap like this.
"Muh Zeitgeist" isn't backed by any observation, nor can it be tested/confirmed by any kind of experiment.
>>
I thought this thread was OP attempting to make progress towards a mass consciousness by discussing our own general ideas, experiences, questions, and knowledge. Basically a SQT but I guess a bit more grown up. I was sadly mistaken.
>>
>>7654082
science is observable phenomenon

mass consciousness is philosophy and faith
>>
>>7654094
I don't believe Carl Jung ever mentioned anything religious in any of his theories? I could be wrong, I haven't done personal research into it, I just find it fun to talk about.

>>7654106
>science is observable phenomenon
How is this not observable? To see if there is basic traits and/or ideas that most humans share?
>>
>>7654069
same can be said about single cells
their experiences give rise to our 'consciousness'

it's not dumb to consider larger groups of things (humans on earth, civilizations in the universe) forming a greater conscious entity
>>
>>7654126
>How is this not observable?
it can't be empirically tested. i don't know what else you want from me, bud.

science = observable, repeatable, testable, confirmable, tangible

I think you're conflating the general use of the word theory with an actual scientific theory:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_theory
>>
>>7654143
>Pick a trait or idea that you believe to be shared
>Observe to see if it exists in X amount of subjects
>If it exists in all subjects, then there is at least evidence
>If it exists in most subjects, but there are exceptions, then it's still plausible but it means there is something to cause those exceptions
>If there is no correlation than that test is evidence against the theory

It's as much a science as any part of psychology is, without getting into neuroscience.
>>
>>7654147
but that's not deductive reasoning

you know what, last post. you're a dumbass. sage
>>
>>7654154
>but that's not deductive reasoning
Maybe not but it is
>observable, repeatable, testable, confirmable

>you know what, last post. you're a dumbass. sage
Insults now, oh no, you really showed me.
>>
>>7654074
animals [math]senpai[/math]
ayyy 420
>>
>>7654074
Because, they're part of the planet.
They make up a significant portion of the grid.
Why wouldn't they have nodes?
>>
>>7654126
>Carl Jung ever mentioned anything religious in any of his theories?
He wasn't pitching it under the name "religion", but it was ridiculously speculative and backed by nothing but ipse dixit "it's true because I said so".
It's really no different from any religion.
>>
>>7654147
At this point you might be describing society or culture.
Obviously "mass consciousness" involves more than shared learned or intrinsic behavior.
>>
File: ''.jpg (23KB, 620x402px) Image search: [Google]
''.jpg
23KB, 620x402px
>>7653890
i do think mother nature used mass consciousness in one form or another. it proved to be quite efficient (random, but still, efficient). i had a thought a while back about the connection between eusociality and human socialization.
of course, eusocial animals like bees and ants did have a biological background (as opposed to the idea of a human "mass consciusness" which goes more into philosophy); part instinct, but more importantly part chemicals that each ant dispersed to instruct other ants of what to do. when every ant does this, it becomes a network.
As for humans, the ability to resonate and think made them eager to leave their instincts, but what i find weird is that every civilization had a religion; a concept of a higher power that directs our will. of course, religion came due to a lot of other factors (such as the lack of explanation for everyday occurences, like rain or the sky), but still.
small societies did form long before the first religion came to be, but out of need to control a larger group, a city, for example, all came to one conclusion: there must be a greater figure, something that transcends people. then the whole society accepts the idea of a "hive mind".
so i think religiosity might have to do a bit with the subconscious: mother natures way of secretly directing us into bigger and bigger groups.
of course theres the question whether we stopped evolving before this possibly neurological occurence got "selected". there were some studies on the pineal gland and its connection to religiosity, but i didnt too much into it.
>>
John Bonner's Slime Mold Movies are something you might take an interest in
>>
File: 3a0.png (176KB, 500x370px) Image search: [Google]
3a0.png
176KB, 500x370px
>>7653890
If the minds of all the humans were combined, it would literally be thousands of dick pics accumulated into one collective mind.
>>
Sorry, but there is no back door to the mass of information known most generally as "society." The method of accessing social information and thus the method of storing social information are extremely important and not things that should ever be neglected of taken for granted. Otherwise they are lost (for what can be said to be stored if there is no longer any method to access it?).
>>
>>7654106
you idiot. mass consciousness is just a name that we give to an observed phenomena. the phenomena exists. what it is, and what it does, and what its like are part of a theory called 'mass consciousness'.
>>
>>7656278
So which "observed phenomena" are you talking about? Things that are extremely complicated, but I'm going to explain using an allegory and call it science? Or things that happened, you weren't there, but just trust me?
>>
File: seele2.png (1MB, 1106x1658px) Image search: [Google]
seele2.png
1MB, 1106x1658px
Human Instrumentality Project am I rite?
>>
>>7656378
>Rebuild SEELE
Into the trash it goes
>>
>>7656767
Not throwing it in the trash for being a shitty upscale?

Really, look at those blurry edges and all that aliasing. Whatever upsampling algorithm they used was worse than bicubic.
>>
File: business alien.png (1MB, 826x738px) Image search: [Google]
business alien.png
1MB, 826x738px
What completely blows my mind is that people entirely look over the fact that quantum physics was designed by Max Plank with consciousness as the background.

Consciousness is the matrix upon which quantum physics is built.

Consciousness exists in many stages and forms, collective consciousness is a thing. The best example is the Geth from Mass Effect, whereby a network of sentient computer programs effectively produced networked consciousness.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.