[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Calculator

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 2321312.jpg (223KB, 1560x1144px) Image search: [Google]
2321312.jpg
223KB, 1560x1144px
Hello everyone, I'm a fresh new student in Physics and, here in my country, we do not learn calculus till you enter college. I was wondering here and i did not find a properly answer on google. Which calculator should I get? A HP with those graphic functions? I'm currently a student of biochemistry and I use a Casio FX82MS but I guess it will not help me through the whole course.

Any advices?

Thank you in advance and I'm sorry for my lack of skills in english.
>>
TI-89 will do you for anything in college and grad school.

HP and Casio are for poor plebs.
>>
God you live in a pleb country

Get a ti-89. Combines the simplicity of the 84 with the bonus of the CAS
>>
>>7653709
>>7653711

also suggest ti-89 if you are in physics.
>>
>>7653694
Your Casio is perfectly fine. Use a computer for anything more intense

https://kat.cr/mathworks-matlab-r2015a-64-bit-firstuploads-t10359507.html
https://kat.cr/maplesoft-maple-2015-64bit-crack-t10497789.html
http://winpython.github.io/
>>
>>7653751
>pulling out computer to MATLAB shit in middle of exam
>>
how do I get arcctg on a casio
>>
>>7653694
HP 48g or HP 50
>>
>>7653759
>needing to calculate a 10x10 determinate on a paper exam
>>
>>7653694
See here OP https://warosu.org/sci/thread/7494527

Here's my rant from it:
"I use that [Casio fx83GT PLUS] and a TI-Nspire CX CAS. I wish I never bought the later, by the time it would take for me to learn how to use it, or program on it, I could've just fucking learned maths. Aside from that, it's simply a fact that computers make programmable calculators redundant, you're honestly better off putting some good aps on your phone or learning how to use Wolfram Alpha than you are buying a TI-Nspire, aside from the time and money saved, Wolfram is probably better than the Nspire anyway, for example, I don't know anyway to tell the Nspire to give me equivalent forms of shit, but if I just type something like x^3+9x+5, Wolfram will probably give me 6 different forms of it. Heck, to make matters worse, calculators seem to lie more, and more harshly than computers (go read a basic calculus textbook, it'll give you the warnings)

Maybe I'll change my opinion on that once I'm in the latter years of my [maths] degree course and have found more use in the downloadable shit for the calculator, but otherwise I'm better served by just my head and my Casio fx83GT PLUS.

That being said however, if I was to recommend a calculator for someone who's not restricted by exams or money, I'd probably recommend a different Casio, but I don't know which, stuff like the Prism probably has the same issues as the Nspire, so I'd probably just recommend the best non-programmable ones, I mean those blue things that do graphing and shit, pic related. When I was trying to pick what calculator to buy, I was stuck between pic related, the Prism, the Nspire and the FX-9860GII. (You have no idea how much time that sentence will save you if you're looking to buy the best calculator)

cont
>>
>>7656729
Actually, since this took two posts, for anyone wanting my opinion on calculators:
The Casio FX-991ESPLUS Scientific Calculator is basically the best possible Casio fx83GT PLUS.
If memory serves, the Casio FX-9860GII Graphics Calculator SD is basically a step up from the FX-991 but a step down from the Prism, so I don't see why you'd ever buy it but I suppose it does look more familiar than the Prism.
The Casio FX-CG20, Prism, or whatever the fuck you want to call it is Casio's best, but whenever I looked into things, to me it seemed inferior to the Nspire, so I bought an Nspire, which brings me back to the original post (btw, there's no point in debating which TI is best, the only real downside of the Nspire is that it's not as hackable as the older models, but for that you can just stick to an older version of the software, which can be hacked).

So to summarise:
If you're restricted by exams, get the best calculator you're allowed.
If you're not restricted by exams go for the Casio FX-991ESPLUS Scientific Calculator and just use Wolfram for anything it doesn't do.
If you're not restricted by exams and feel like you need to own a programmable calculator, then be an idiot like me and get the Nspire, but I don't know why you would.

There's also the HP Prime, but I don't see why you'd buy it when the Nspire and Prism exist."
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.