[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Element 119: Tamium

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: Revised Periodic Table.png (163KB, 1920x1238px) Image search: [Google]
Revised Periodic Table.png
163KB, 1920x1238px
So today I found out something pretty interesting. Branching from the new-found proof of water on Mars, it was actually discovered that a hypothetical element 119 (Was called Ununennium before its discovery) could be found on Mars. Because of the lack of Oxygen on the planet, this element can remain on the planet. It falls under the Alkaline metals category under the periodic table. Like Francium, it reacts very violently to water, except it's speculated that the effects would be 8.6x higher than that of Fr. I can't wait to learn more about this newfound element! (An attachment below shows its place on the periodic table of the elements)
>>
>>7652191
I don't understand.
Does the reaction of Fr and water lead to fission or fusion of Fr into some other element?

Reaction of Li with water gives LiOH and 0.5 equiv of H2 - but doesn't transmute Li into another element.
>>
No, this element wasn't created, or anything. Small amounts of it were found on the planet.
>>
How does one "hypothesise" about elements? How do you guess if an element exists?

Does this method find all possible elements or are there some we still might be unaware of?
>>
Scientists have hypothesized 116, 117, and 118, if I'm not mistaken. It's all about how many protons are in an atom's nucleus, so we can hypothesize how the atom will behave, based on those things. We just happened to find 119 before 117, for some reason. However, it is not known whether or not those hypothesized elements are existent.
>>
What is the hypothesized half life?
>>
I have no clue. I'll have to wait until they release more information.
>>
File: 1447053558437.png (6KB, 299x329px) Image search: [Google]
1447053558437.png
6KB, 299x329px
wew lad
>>
>>7652191
Bullshit
>>
b u l l s h i t

Being on Mars won't change its half-life.
>>
Of course it wouldn't. It's the fact that there's no oxygen in the air, that would make it a possible element.
>>
the valence shell of the Tamium atom would have only one electron, making it reactive to water and oxygen
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.