[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does /sci/ agree with this 3rd year bio student?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: Screenshot_2015-11-10-11-52-03.png (194KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-11-10-11-52-03.png
194KB, 1080x1920px
Does /sci/ agree with this 3rd year bio student?
>>
>>7649446
ye
>>
>>7649446

Jesus, everything in the entire field of biology is at a pop sci garbage level of rigour. No fucking wonder only women take it
>>
>>7649446
>3rd year bio student

Let me guess, biology threw out calculus and differential equations out of their curriculum so that now there are no "weeding out" classes.
Literal retards.

And don't think I am overreacting.
That 3rd year bio major may as well be a pre-med bio major and in 2 decades (when he finally gets accepted into med school) he could be the one treating your life threatening disease and at that moment he may "make a mistake with one fact" and kill you.

Seriously, can we pass a law that makes it legal to kill every biology major that does not get accepted into med-school right after graduation?
>>
Nice font faggot
>>
>>7649446
>chromosomes can ONLY be X or Y
Or 1 or 20 or W
>>
>>7649489

I don't see how calculus or diff. eqs. have anything to do with this retard never paying attention in genetics class.
>>
Chromosomes can mutate tho. Given that the chromosomes crossing over counts.
>>
>>7649446

Alleles (I.e. Versions of a gene )are located on chromosomes so if an allele mutates then the chromosome does too. So his objection is wrong. It is not incorrect to say that a chromosome mutates like he claims.

Also saying that chromosomes can only be x or y is very silly as it seems to imply that all X chromosomes are the same and all Y chromosomes are the same. It also seems to imply that any chromosome can be x or y when in reality only one of the sex chromosomes can be Y and the rest are all Xs
>>
Can chromosomes mutate and become other than X and Y? Isn't the y chromosome shrinking? It seems awfully small.
>>
>>7649943

Chromosomes can mutate and this doesn't have to affect any alleles, look up chromosomal polymorphism.

>>7649949

This is also related to chromosomal polymorphism, the y chromosome is indeed shrinking, but this process is not happening at the same time for all of the human population, some men have abnormally long y chromosomes.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.