[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

"Share your theory" thread.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: Questions.jpg (948KB, 3500x2625px) Image search: [Google]
Questions.jpg
948KB, 3500x2625px
Share your own theories in this thread with others.
Others in the thread will examine your theory and try to find the flaws in it.
>>
>>7647650
I think this is a bit too casual, individualistic, and fun for /sci/.

Sorry anon.
>>
>>7647655
People can come up with interesting and well thought out theories though.
>>
In dis paper, we shall present tha Hamilton-Perelman theory of
Ricci flow. Based on it, we shall give tha straight-up original gangsta freestyled account of a cold-ass lil complete proof
of tha Poincar´e conjecture n' tha geometrization conjecture of Thurston. I aint talkin' bout chicken n' gravy biatch. While
the complete work be a accumulated effortz of nuff geometric analysts, tha major
contributors is unquestionably Hamilton n' Perelman.
An blingin problem up in differential geometry is ta find a cold-ass lil canonical metric on
a given manifold. Y'all KNOW dat shit, muthafucka! In turn, tha existence of a cold-ass lil canonical metric often has profound
topological implications fo' realz. A phat example is tha old-ass uniformization theorem in
two dimensions which, on one hand, serves up a cold-ass lil complete topological classification for
compact surfaces, n' on tha other hand shows dat every last muthafuckin compact surface has a
canonical geometric structure: a metric of constant curvature.
How tha fuck ta formulate n' generalize dis two-dimensionizzle result ta three n' higher
dimensionizzle manifoldz has been one of da most thugged-out blingin n' challengin topics in
modern mathematics. In 1977, W. Thurston [122], based on scams bout Riemann surfaces,
Haken’s work n' Mostow’s rigiditizzle theorem, etc, formulated a geometrization
conjecture fo' three-manifoldz which, roughly bustin lyrics, states dat every last muthafuckin compact orientable
three-manifold has a cold-ass lil canonical decomposizzle tha fuck into pieces, each of which admits
a canonical geometric structure. In particular, Thurston’s conjecture gotz nuff, as a
special case, tha Poincar´e conjecture: A closed three-manifold wit trivial fundamental
group is necessarily homeomorphic ta tha 3-sphere S.
>>
>>7647672
They can, but they're often reluctant to lay them out in very hostile environments and to a general audience. I only tend to discuss ideas with people I know well, in person.

It can be helpful to get torn apart a bit. But it's not helpful getting dragged into a debate.
>>
>>7647650
Theory:
using redshift and blueshift you can find the exact location where the big bang occurred in space. Using the velocity of moving galaxies, we can the approximate time when it occurred as well.
>>
>>7647848
also note.
Since speed is relative it is possible for objects to move faster than the speed of light.
EX: two objects moving away from each other at speeds > 1/2 the speed of light. Relative to one another, the opposing object is moving faster than the speed of light.

Science broken.
>>
>>7647848
The big bag didn't have a 'location' in space, all of space was compressed into a single point, which subsequently expanded. Really it happened EVERYWHERE about 13.8b years ago. Cute idea though
>>
there is an imaginary number between -inf and +inf, which would mean there would be a number ring as opposed to a number line
>>
I have a theory that most people actually have a hypothesis, not a theory, when they claim they have a theory.
>>
File: Bismuth_crystals_and_1cm3_cube.jpg (4MB, 4832x3260px) Image search: [Google]
Bismuth_crystals_and_1cm3_cube.jpg
4MB, 4832x3260px
The 14 billion year old universe is an impossible time estimation since bismuth 209 has a half life of 1 billion times 14 billion.
>>
>>7647852
Speed of light is always the same, in all reference frames. This is like the most fundamental aspect of relativity.
>>
>>7647869
Know the difference people. Theories are unproven hypotheses tested countless times.
>>
>>7647869
I hypothesize you jack of to semantics every night
>>
I'm probably retarded here, but hear me out. What if the Big Bang was caused by a vacuum metastability event? Such an event would cause an absolutely titanic release of energy, causing a shockwave traveling out at the speed of light in which the laws of physics were fundamentally altered.l, which matches a lot of our obelservations of the beginning of our own existence. If that was indeed the case, then our entire observable Universe could be a small part of an even larger realm of existence where the event occurred, a place that is slowly falling into the lower energy state that our universe resides.
>>
I like to imagine that imaginary numbers are like a orbiting object's intercept with the ground, if orbital altitude is the "Y" axis and the ground is the "X" axis.

Also, the way I think of time dialation is basicaly the dopler effect.
This also has a advantage of solving the Twin's paradox.

But maybe I'm just dumb.
>>
>>7647886
Does it excite you to imagine other men's masturbation tendencies, anon?
>>
>>7648008
Not the guy you responded to, but I'm pretty sure that his hypothesis just turned into a theory.
>>
>>7647650
I'm currently working on this:
\
Magnetism explained through retarded time
>>
>>7647949
>vacuum metastability
this is a good idea anon

i'll collab on the paper with you if you want s-senpai
>>
>>7647873
Just because it has a longer half-life doesn't mean it's been around for that long. Iodine 129 is produced in fission reactors with a half-life of 15.7 million years. It doesn't mean the reactor is that old.

>>7647848
You can find the time it occurred but not the location as the observed velocity field is isotropic and homogeneous on large scales. It is not an explosion happening at one point in space but an expansion of all space.
>>
>>7647650
-1/12
>>
I think the earth is not flat
>>
Psychedelics were sent as cheat codes by the gods so we can peek into their realm.
>>
File: 1423860190455.png (249KB, 358x358px) Image search: [Google]
1423860190455.png
249KB, 358x358px
>>7648471
If you overdose you get to BE a god.
You should try it anon.
>>
Reality is dependent on your reference frame. See that new supernova out there? It didn't occur 20 million years ago, it happened just now, according to your position. Light is instantaneous.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.