[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Conference Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_20151107_204952.jpg (589KB, 1499x1124px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151107_204952.jpg
589KB, 1499x1124px
Have you been to (m)any conferences, /sci/? Which ones? Did your school pay for it?

>fancy hotels
>dress up nice
>open bar
>getting drunk
>poster hungover
>have regrettable sex
>get drunk again

Conferences are the best.
>>
no, Im genetically attractive enough to attend college parties and have fun that way instead
>>
>>7645445

I don't understand why you can't do both? If flying out to a fancy hotel for the weekend with a bunch of friends on your uni's dollar doesn't sound like a good time to you, then you must be a really boring person.
>>
Went to a siemans fire alarm technology expo a few years ago.

The only women in fire alarm are secretaries, dikes and HR.

But i did smoke a joint in the hotel bathroom with the president of the company.
>>
>>7645476
Not the president of siemans to be clear, the ceo of the company i worked for
>>
>>7645452
it doesnt, I have better things in life to do than this
>>
>>7645476

I went to the ACS national conference like four years ago and was baked the entire time, me and my buddy would sneak off to his car every few hours and roll up joints or eat some brownie or something. It was great.
>>
>>7645490
I want to go to an ACS conference cosplaying as Walter White.
>>
>>7645490
Its always better when ur drunk and high at the same time
>>
>>7645527

I still have a periodic table blankey I got from ACS c:

>>7645528

I'm heading to a conference next weekend but I have to fly out so I won't be able to get high unless I can find a connect in Pittsburgh. Apparently some of my friends met some Penn kids last year though so hopefully they'll know what's up.
>>
>>7645441
Went to one in California as a presenter. Had a pretty good time. Gotta love these conferences that specifically choose fun cities above all else.
>>
File: 1368596341196.png (53KB, 656x773px) Image search: [Google]
1368596341196.png
53KB, 656x773px
I-I went to d-defcon once.
>>
Conferences have become politicized by SJW activists. Going to them is like stepping through a field peppered with career ending landmines.
>>
>>7645630
who cares about the SJW ?
>>
>>7645630

Good thing I am one then kek
>>
>>7645572
HAGAGAGAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHA. They only send the morons to those conferences. The presenters are often forced to go by their companies or school. The real deal is google developed conference or apple. Defcon is for those in IT or code monkey department to feel they're important. I hope you're not one of them, senpai.
>>
File: mIBerfs.png (336KB, 1860x1641px) Image search: [Google]
mIBerfs.png
336KB, 1860x1641px
>>7645441
Yeah. It wad earlier this year
>conference is held 500 miles away from my campus
>lifted the same day I had to leave
>had no time to shower, bus leaves at 5PM
>feels very uncomfortable all day
>very little people on bus; talked with supervisor and colleagues
>congestion on the highway
>tried to sleep, but couldn't find the right position
>finally arrive at 11PM
>missed dinner, had to trouble another prof to save done for us
>lodged with my supervisor and a colleague friend
>quickly take shower
>cannot sleep; kept editing my presentation slides
>crash at 2AM
>woke up at 10PM
>had the amazing breakfast of my life and head to conference at noon
>presentation went smoothly; it was on graphene
>go lift and swim with colleague
>sauna, shower
>slept like a baby
>check out next day at noon
>shitty weather
>take bus back
Pretty good experience. Met a few big names and made some connections.
>>
File: 1446962411314.png (26KB, 656x773px) Image search: [Google]
1446962411314.png
26KB, 656x773px
>>7645572
I could not help but notice your png was not optimized anon.
I have optimized your png.
Your png is now optimized.
>>
>>7645961
you compressed it and now its full of artifacts. thanks for raping the internet scumbag
>>
>>7645965
Compression was lossless. The decoded outputs are identical.
>>
>>7645967
wow. i just checked and it is identical
>>
>>7645635
People who don't want to lose their job.

>Would you like to get some coffee?
>>
>>7645441
speaking at the berlin EMCAT this january. Going to Beijing in summer.

>all the faggots in this thread talking about getting wasted and/or high while AT the conference

on the off chance that you arent just undergrad faggotry cool story bro bullshit, its good to know that better people will be taking the jobs you wasted your time and money training for.
>>
>>7645983
Good thing I actually listen to presentations instead of making terrible jokes with my friend then.
>but muh SJW boogeyman
>>
>>7645894
Taking the bus in shitty weather is one of the better feels.
>>7645990
Only like one person has said anything like this.
>>
>>7645441
Haven't been to a conference yet, been to a few workshops though (and yes, my school paid for it). Conferences seem like a massive hassle tbqh.
>>
>>7646006
>tbqh.
I can't believe I didn't think of this.
I always just write "to be desu" now.
>>
>>7645990

I'm undergrad but if you seriously think that alcoholic grad students and post docs don't get hammered every night at conferences then you must be really sheltered.
>>
>>7646003
Should a terrible joke really cost a job though?
>>
>>7646994

It's terrible that those two had to bear the brunt of it, but it's really symbolic of a larger issue, that being that lots of spaces in STEM are really hostile and unwelcoming to women. Like, the other day I was working in the physics study room, and there's someone talking about how he can't wait to go home and jerk off loud enough that I could hear it from all the way across the room. Aside from being gross, it made me feel extremely uncomfortable, the TAs didn't do anything either. Like, in what kind of professional environment is that even remotely acceptable behavior outside of STEM?
>>
>>7647250
>TAs
>professional environment

Believe it or not, academia isn't an accurate reflection of the real world workplace.
>>
>>7647250
>It's terrible that those two had to bear the brunt of it, but it's really symbolic of a larger issue

so yes, they were wrongly fired because a nearby cunt heard an innocent joke, but its justified because one time you heard about a guy jerking off?
>>
>>7645894
Was this the March Meeting? I went this year, but no one else from my lab make it due to whether. Luckily I ran into people I know from other schools and some of the other groups from my department.
>>
>>7647250
>TAs didn't do anything either
Generally speaking, TA's don't have the power to do anything about it and don't get paid enough to have any motivation to deal with the creepy fucks unless they are actively disrupting the TA.
>>
>>7647250
Sure it's gross, sure it's uncomfortable, but fucking deal with it. He wasn't directing it at you, he wasn't making hostile threats towards you, so chill the fuck out. I'm gay and I hear women talking about sleeping with other men all the time at the workplace, do I freak out and claim it's a hostile space? No, because I'm not a fucking child. Shut the fuck up, you dumb fucking cunt.
>>
>>7647250
>Like, in what kind of professional environment is that even remotely acceptable behavior outside of STEM?
Construction you massive faggot
>>
>>7647566
Also warehouses. We have like a 50/50 sex ratio and we're dirty as all fucking hell.
>>
>>7647323
Nope. It's the CAP.
>>
>>7647250
>neckbeard saying he's going to jerk off outloud
AHHAHAHAHAHAH. This is why they shitpost on 4chan. They're fucking autistic.
>>
>>7647359
I love you, man
>>
>>7648219
<3
>>
>>7647298
Believe it or not, neckbeards take their faggotry with them from academia to their real world workplace.
>>
>>7647250
>Like, in what kind of professional environment is that even remotely acceptable behavior outside of STEM?

food service, construction, military, transportation. you know, the majority of america. you don't see it because you are one of those college educated people who deliberately choose to believe your hugbox profession should be the standard of behavior.
>>
anyone CUPC here?
>>
>>7647566
Any trade, really. The women are by far the dirtiest talkers, too. A flag girl actually made me blush the other day.
>>
>>7649959
I know the people who organized it last year, were you at that one?
>>
File: dis_nigga.jpg (274KB, 768x1264px) Image search: [Google]
dis_nigga.jpg
274KB, 768x1264px
>everyone has huge ass fancy posters
>tfw all you did was rip out a few random pages from your thesis and glued them to the board
>tfw you don't even have the courage to stay around and hide on the toilet contemplating suicide
>>
Was anybody here at the WebSummit?
>>
>>7650847
That method is not entirely uncommon. Given the author lists on some of those I have seen, I generally just take it as those people had more important shit to do than make a fancy poster,
>>
>>7650847
Ah man that guy definitely don't get laid :/
>>
>>7648197
>not talking to your friends about jerking off
found the real loser
>>
>>7645452
>I feel for the time of my life doctrine
props for figuring out your own nonstandard ways
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.