[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is ratio of |AB|/|BC| always the same?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: circles.jpg (3MB, 2829x1590px) Image search: [Google]
circles.jpg
3MB, 2829x1590px
Why is ratio of |AB|/|BC| always the same?
>>
How many comon points have these three cir c les?
>>
>>7644493
>>
>>7644493
Infinity pointa in comum
>>
because it is defined that way stupid fuck, there is no "why" in math, it is all a consequence of our axioms. Anyone that looks for a "why" is just a scrub that believes intuition is anything more than a posteriori projection.
>>
>>7645024
it should have been clear to you what he means if you didn't have autism. he was just looking for further explanation of the result so he could understand it more comprehensively.
also was it necessary to be rude?
>>
File: Sodium Polyacrylate.gif (983KB, 290x211px) Image search: [Google]
Sodium Polyacrylate.gif
983KB, 290x211px
>>7645050
kek. Nice one, man. I'm glad there are a few people like you on this board.
>>
>>7645024
>because it is defined that way
you are retarded
>>
>>7645274
How much heat does that release?
>>
>>7645274
Mother fucking easy snow!
>>
File: Pencil of circles-01.png (59KB, 1700x864px) Image search: [Google]
Pencil of circles-01.png
59KB, 1700x864px
>>7644454
Let OAaP, OBbP, and OCcP be distinct circles sharing the two points O and P.

As a consequence of the the inscribed angle theorem, we have ∠OAP = ∠OaP, ∠OBP = ∠ObP, and ∠OCP = ∠OcP. Furthermore, because ∠ABO = ∠abO and ∠BCO = ∠bcO, we also see that ∠AOB = ∠aOb and ∠BOC = ∠bOc.

Hence, triangles AOB and aOb are similar. Likewise the same can be said of triangles BOC and bOc.

By the similarity of triangles AOB and aOb, we infer that |AB|/|ab| = |OB/|ob|. Similarly, the similarity of triangles BOC and bOc implies |BC|/|bc| = |OB|/|ob|.

Therefore |AB|/|ab| = |BC|/|bc| or |AB|/|BC| = |ab|/|bc|.
>>
>>7645335
Hardly any
>>
>>7645465
Thank you very much
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.