[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ah the wonders of the arctic Southern Lights

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5

File: thulesouthernlights.jpg (487KB, 1800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
thulesouthernlights.jpg
487KB, 1800x1200px
Ah the wonders of the arctic Southern Lights
>>
>>7643468
that seems calm
I want a calm vacation now
iceland anyone?
>>
IF the sun has a magnetic field, why can't it deflect its own solar wind?
>>
File: Solar-Magnetic-Fields-Mapped-2.jpg (233KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
Solar-Magnetic-Fields-Mapped-2.jpg
233KB, 900x900px
>>7643500
fuckin' coronal heliomagnetism, how does it work?
>>
>>7643500
FUCKING MAGNETS MAN I SWEAR

If a magnet has a north and south pole why won't they attract and crush the magnet man

If the earth has magnetic field why won't all the magnets fly to the poles

If the sun and earth are magnetic why won't they fly into one another

If the earth is magnetic how can we mine iron it'll just fall back when we pick the ore up
>>
>>7643468

You mean antarctic.
>>
>>7643500
>>7643517
>>7643579
magnetic forces are not even real
>>
>>7643594
Thule is north of the action
you have to look south
but still aurora borealis
>>
File: thulesouthernlights3.jpg (169KB, 1800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
thulesouthernlights3.jpg
169KB, 1800x1200px
>>7643594
as >>7643630 said, I am at Thule. 900 miles from the north pole. We have to look south to view the lights assuming we are lucky enough to see them at all.

I have been waiting my entire life to see these so I am ecstatic to say the least. Admittedly they were only a faint green to the naked eye...but you could se them changing and moving easily. I'm sure they are brighter when you are directly under em.
>>
File: c.png (572KB, 440x608px) Image search: [Google]
c.png
572KB, 440x608px
>>7643468
>tfw you will never live in the cold north
>>
File: norway.jpg (2MB, 2916x3579px) Image search: [Google]
norway.jpg
2MB, 2916x3579px
northern lights are way more dank
>>
>>7643633
So, whatcha doin up in thule?
When I was a kid my folks used to take us up in deep canada to camp on random islands on lakes in the middle of nowhere. The most beautiful skies id ever seen, and the aurora was humbling. I live in chicago now and yearn for those nights again.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.