[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>humanity will never achieve the power and scientific knowledge

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 1

>humanity will never achieve the power and scientific knowledge requiered to reverse entropy
>>
>>7642191
You don't know that.

Now fuck off.
>>
>>7642202
>p-progress is infinite humanity fuck yeah guys xD
>>
>>7642191
>What is the Haber process

Humanity reduces local entropy on a daily basis.
>>
>>7642211
That will be super useful to make humanity survive the thermal death of the Universe, thanks anon
>>
>>7642203
I didn't say that because we also cannot know that.

All I'm saying is that you have no proof of what you are saying. Do you have a mathematical paper that proves in our special case that enthropy cannot be reversed?

No you don't. But I also don't have proof that it is theoritically possible. So none of us should assume things that are way out of our reach. Who are you even?

Are you an expert in the topic? Are you a PhD Physicist? Mathematician? Chemist? No, you are a retard who wants to get attention in a korean slavery image board.

Stop pretending you know things that not even the greatest know.
>>
all things go. let's do what we can with what we have
>>
>>7642225
But the greatest don't even know how to reverse entropy, which should be enough for you to realise that it's just a pipe dream
>>
>>7642238
No because I'm not a retard.

The greatest minds of the Greeks didn't know that it was possible to reach the moon. Yet it was possible.

You are assuming that we have reached the peak of understanding but that is not true. Every day new discoveries, small and big, are made in all the different sciences. Engineers and scientists every day invent new things and file new patents.

All of your assumptions are incorrect. But that is fine. The tiny brains like you won't ever be able to stop the progress of the truly brave. You keep hiding behind lies just because you are scared, but we will keep studying and researching until definitive answers can be found.
>>
>>7642251
Just because enginners and scientists make irrelevant advances in unrelated fields doesn't mean that progress is made on the understanding of the universe as a whole.
>>
as of now there is nothing to suggest that it's even possible in theory

Humans are going to die out, the universe will end, deal with it
>>
>>7642203
>I-if i reformulate some guy's post adding stuttering a-and smiley faces, other people will be influenced to disregard their opinion m-more easily right guys? XD
My god faggots like you anger me so much
>>
It is possible by creating another Big Bang.
>>
>humanity will never achieve the power and scientific knowledge required to fly
>>
>what is a refrigerator
gtfo you dumb fuck
>>
>>7642430
A refrigerator is exactly the opposite of what OP wants, it's literally an entropy generator and when we become an intergalactic species our space fridges will bring the end of the universe.
>>
Ever heard of maxwells demon?
The large scale construction of such a device could theoretically reduce the entropy of a human sized system
>>
>>7642414
Hello fellow Assimov fan
>>
>>7642609
Except the demon itself would be an entropic being.
>>
2015,giving a fuck about entropy.
the number of years between now and when entropy is a threat is ridiculous.
and NEVER,EVER forget that 200 years ago it was believed to be impossible to go to the moon.
>>
>>7642622
the total entropy of the system including the demon would increase, but the entropy of the system under the demons control would decrease. we wouldnt be able to completely violate 2nd law of thermodynamics, just in one location
>>
>>7642191
What if photons eventually decayed into another kind of matter with gravitational pull? Over a really big amount of time, the entropy would reverse completely.
>>
>>7642624
We reached the moon with the same basic science that existed centuries ago though.
Put burny stuff in tube, create thrust to get away from Earth gravity, try not to go splat too hard on moon.
>>
>>7643143
well yeah if you look at things in the most reductivist way you possibly can, it doesn't seem that different
>>
>>7643150
Obviously the moon landing is far more complicated than shooting a cannon or making a brass wheel spin, but the fundamental principles are the same.
As for cosmology though, it's completely different.
But I'd say that questions about entropy are somewhat meaningless until we can explain how anything can exist in the first place.
>>
>>7642219
Humanity, no matter how hard it tries will suffer a million other deaths other than meme death of the universe.
>>
>>7642402

Take a chillpill, Commissar Fucklaw.
>>
>>7642191
Who gives a fuck.
>>
>>7642191
Have you actually read anything about the heat death of the universe theory or did you just read the entropy always rises and assumed it must be inevitable? Cause actually we don't know that it is.

The relationship between gravity and entropy is still not fully understood and even if this does happen it can't happen until all black holes finish evaporating through their wheelchair radiation so its gonna be a long ass time.
>>
>>7643977
fuck off babby newfag, and stop trying so hard
>>
>>7642191
How do you even define entropy in quantum gravity?
>>
>>7642219
You will die in just under ~[math10^{10}[/math] years.
You will experience none of humanities' inevitable death and decline.
What does it matter to you?
>>
*TOTAL SPECULATION*

Both entropy and time are presumed to only move in one direction for the "isolated" system of the universe. It would be super cool if these were entwined, because then total reversal of entropy for the universe would imply time travel (or confirmation of unidirectional entropy or time would formally discredit time travel altogether).
>>
>>7642225

>BLOWN
>THE
>FUCK
>OUT
>>
>>7642203
Progress is infinite though? Humanity won't take no for an answer
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.