[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what is the hardest programming language ever created?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: 1446530717043.png (56KB, 590x616px) Image search: [Google]
1446530717043.png
56KB, 590x616px
In terms of how the commands work and what they do
Pic unrelated
>>
Dunno, hardest I've used is R t
>>
File: arnoldc.jpg (74KB, 630x292px) Image search: [Google]
arnoldc.jpg
74KB, 630x292px
Assuming complicated, but not unnecessarily complicated, I would go with assembly language. Otherwise, I would go with Arnould-C.
>>
what the hell does hard mean in this context? tedious? then probably x86 or one of those gimmick languages like chef
>>
>>7641202
I mean there are gimmick languages which are made purposefully hard.

The language shouldn't be the hard part. The language is just a tool. The hard part should be the actual problem solving aspect of the programming for anyone but a beginner.
>>
Malbolge

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malbolge
http://esolangs.org/wiki/malbolge

"Malbolge was so difficult to understand when it arrived that it took two years for the first Malbolge program to appear. Indeed, the author himself has never written a single Malbolge program"
>>
>>7641202
traditional x86 ASM
>>
>>7641202
That's not esoteric? APL or J
>>
>>7641430
Why create it then? What's the fuckin purpose of a programming language if you're not gonna use it?
>>
>>7641479

meh, try 6502 for a really confusing syntax

>uphill both ways ... and we liked it...
>>
>>7641506
because autism
>>
>>7641506
elitism
>>
>>7641506
Fun
>>
>>7641506
Improves your understanding of programming language theory. A person who develops a very difficult language will develop the skills to also develop a very powerful/concise/intuitive language.

There are also applications in terms of protecting software from reverse engineering. If you have a really sensitive bit of code that you don't want your rivals to be able to steal, you obfuscate its operation. Creating something in a language like Malbolge is informative in this regard.
>>
Hard to write something non-trivial is probably some esoteric language

C++ might be the hardest language to learn every language feature since it's such a huge inconsistent mess
>>
>>7641202
Shakespeare
>>
>>7641202
Idk probably brainfuck or APL. Brainfuck is hard to read, APL is hard to read and write.
>>
>>7641561
>A person who develops a very difficult language will develop the skills to also develop a very powerful/concise/intuitive language.
Not sure if this is fallacious. An intuitive counterargument doesn't spring to mind.
>>
>>7641216
I guess problem solving in prolog is generally difficult for beginners... It really depends on the person. I've seen many people struggle with functional languages as well just because they aren't used to procedural
>>
>>7641791
Are used to procedural*
>>
>>7641507
6502 is so easy
>>
>>7641202
It's not going to make your dick bigger knowing a "hard" language you dumb faggot.
>>
And here I thought no one was going to say Java.

The twist is from a Liberal Arts Major perspective.
>>
omg, im lrning programming rn and python has to be the hardest, i dont know how hackers lrn this
>>
LISP is pretty difficult, unnecessarily difficult in my opinion. im not a fan

VHDL is hard if you can't into hardware. not a programming language though
>>
>>7641479
at least it's somewhat logical
>>
>>7641202
Brainfuck senpai desu
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.