[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Area of human FOV

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: environconhumanfact_fig2_3.jpg (64KB, 900x555px) Image search: [Google]
environconhumanfact_fig2_3.jpg
64KB, 900x555px
What can be said of as the surface area of our field of vision? Isn't it a matter of fairly simplistic projective geometry to calculate this in exact m^2?
>>
the surface area of the night sky
>>
Idk m8
Can you really calculate the surface area when the cone of vision is constantly changing?
>>
>>7639647
Then calculate surface areas of the different cones of vision and put them on a table. It would be interesting to know the max and min.
>>
If a spherical head-encompassing thin paper mask with a radius of 1m was to be used, and someone's FOV was externally outlined on the outer surface of the mask by someone who had continuously checked where the person no longer sees some moving signal in the peripheral vision, would that alone be adept for determining the actual projected shape and area of the FOV on a metric unit sphere?
Is it that simple? On the other hand, how to optimize the center of the paper mask in relation to the person's head? Some kind of center of mass that is in accordance to the eye's position?
>>
>>7639641
the cone reaches to whatever object you're watching
i don't see the point in calculating this
>>
>>7639702
Yes, it was ambiguous to ask the area, what I'm interested in is the projected shape of the FOV on a surface with optimal curvature for this kind of projection. It might not be a spherical surface?
>>
How can the area of human FOV be real if our eyes aren't real?
>>
>>7639641
I think what you really want to find out is the solid angle, measured in steradians, of our vision. Note that men tend to have a wider angle of peripheral vision than women.
>>
>>7640392
It's the opposite.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.