[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

REEEEEE all the peers are stuck at the same point

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 8

File: bit torrent a shit.png (260KB, 1914x2092px) Image search: [Google]
bit torrent a shit.png
260KB, 1914x2092px
REEEEEE
all the peers are stuck at the same point
>>
>>5707114
i cry , for all that is beautiful
>>
story of my life
>>
Whenever this happens I always try and find the file in question from another source, and then become the 1 seed all those peers have been looking for.
It gives me a sense of enormous well-being, and then I'm happy for the rest of the day, safe in the knowledge there will always be a bit of my heart devoted to it.
>>
File: 1502203599412.jpg (44KB, 600x315px) Image search: [Google]
1502203599412.jpg
44KB, 600x315px
>>5707148
but this is the first group to sub this new episode and they only released the torrent a couple of hours ago
>>
>>5707171
dubs! wooh! make sure u tell them on twitter or irc or something lal
>>
>>5707114
Looks like whatever was seeding the master file went offline for a bit. This is equivalent to them uploading it to a DDL site and the file being taken down within minutes - pretty rare, but it evidently happened. Except, in this case, all they need to do is reconnect their seedbox for a few minutes to almost immediately have a full, healthy swarm. There is no presently-available, widely used method of distributing files which would be as or more robust than this.
>>
>>5707176
Beth is a nigger
>>5707180
No, it's still going up. Just slow as shit. At 95% now. Pic relate they are trolling us ;_;
>>
>>5707188
>88
>dubs

>Do as if you didn't saw it was out now.
I, uhh, hope you enjoy those subtitles, friend.
>>
File: Untitledfsghghsfghsffghsfgh.png (662KB, 645x874px) Image search: [Google]
Untitledfsghghsfghsffghsfgh.png
662KB, 645x874px
>>5707200
topkeke
You have a good point
>>
I thought the point of bittorrent was for this to not happen. Each computer gets a different part and seeds that part, effectively multiplexing the file parts. Oop, it finished. See ya in 24 minutes.
>>
File: WHY!どうして!.gif (260KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
WHY!どうして!.gif
260KB, 640x480px
>>5707188
WHY! DOUSHITE!
>>
>>5707216
The point of bittorrent is that you can get the data from anyone who already has it. If only one guy in the world has it, and he's rate-limiting or something, then the other million people in the swarm just stand around asking each other "Hey, do you have chunk 139/4882 yet? No? All right, I'll ask that guy over there."
>>
>>5707237
Yeah, but that shouldn't happen for all of the chunks of a file for that size. Part 120/4882 should be downloaded by person Y, part 665/4882 should be downloaded by person Z, then Z and Y both seed their parts to the other, leaving someone else to ask the main tracker for parts 120 and 665.
>>
File: Knuckleduster.jpg (37KB, 225x350px) Image search: [Google]
Knuckleduster.jpg
37KB, 225x350px
>>5707208
didn't you die?
why are you back?
>>
>>5707325
The point is that something went wrong before the person with the original copy of the file was able to distribute them all. Uploads aren't instantaneous, so there was a period of time during which only part of the file had been seeded.
>>
File: nwngfwngerjgniorengmgregre.jpg (504KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
nwngfwngerjgniorengmgregre.jpg
504KB, 1280x720px
I have watched the episode and everything in the world is right again.

>>5707333 (trips)
An explanation for everything can be found here
youtube.com/watch?v=aFkcAH-m9W0
>>
>>5707325
400 MB is pretty large, dude. And the post said
>If ... he's rate-limiting or something
>>
>>5707358
ah, I see, I totally understand everything now
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.