[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

im blue double dee ba Bulldog

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: 1468530665431.jpg (376KB, 1248x662px) Image search: [Google]
1468530665431.jpg
376KB, 1248x662px
im blue double dee ba Bulldog
>>
>>5672589
Foundation's Edge was a pretty serious let-down, and Foundation and Earth was a mess. I hear he had notes for a novel that would have fixed everything up, but I'll believe it when I see it.
>>
>>5672636
Too bad he died before correcting his mistakes

He should have stuck to his short story formula; he was never a good novelist
>>
>>5672636
Shut the fuck up you science bitch nerd Jesus Christ
>>
>>5672644
dubs
>>
File: 1474889374554.jpg (646KB, 1361x2016px) Image search: [Google]
1474889374554.jpg
646KB, 1361x2016px
>>
>>5672589
wamma fuccque dat bische on ta riteee

>>5672659
Supes is an inspiration to us all can't wait for the return of the Red trunks
>>
>>5672644
>44
>dubs

I don't want to criticize too harshly, but I feel the same way about a lot of authors from that era. Heinlein had a few good novels, but the longer they got, the probability of hitting one decreased. Clarke's stuff all seemed to follow the same format after a while.

I guess it was just the turning of the era. Are there really any Science Fiction writers these days who excel at the short story? The only ones that come to mind are like Wolfe ("these days"?) - best known for their novels, and they also wrote an anthology of stories on the side.
>>
>>5672678
>Are there really any Science Fiction writers

these days who excel at the short story?
none come to mind right now, but i haven't exactly read short story sci-fi in quite some time...

i think its both an ignored and lost art

The big trend i see in sci fi novels is they try too hard to be too encompassing with their universe, their technology, their backgrounds, and every other detail.

Sometimes anywhere from 1/8th to 1/3rd of the book is explaining how the sci-fi works, and that kinda defeats the purpose of sci fi doesnt it?

Nothing wrong with just stating things and moving on: thats what imagination is for.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.