[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

this is nice board

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: rough-vs-s4s-lumber.jpg (77KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
rough-vs-s4s-lumber.jpg
77KB, 600x450px
this is nice board
>>
'Rough'
>>
File: 1384872041919.jpg (43KB, 319x310px) Image search: [Google]
1384872041919.jpg
43KB, 319x310px
>>5634745
>>
How To Mill Lumber To S4S In 6 Steps

Flat, straight and square lumber is crucial to starting any woodworking project. Your board has two faces and two edges that must be square and parallel to one another. Four Square, or S4S is a milling term used to describe this. Milling wood inacurately creates problems that will compound themselves throughout a project. The procedure for accurately milling wood is always the same. When this sequence of six steps is followed on every board you will be off to a great start!

Step 1: Read The Grain!

I can not stress enough how important it is to read the grain direction on every board before every milling operation in your woodworking project. This first step is so important but often overlooked. This step alone will save you money and time by producing a much finer surface as well as saving you wear and tear on your machines and the dulling effect on planer and jointer knives.

Step 2: Make one face flat on the jointer. (I like to join the crowned face first.)
Step 3: Make the opposite face straight and flat using the planer, to produce two parallel faces.
Step 4: Choose either edge to straighten on the jointer.
Step 5: Rip the remaining rough edge on the table saw to produce two parallel edges.
Step 6: Square the ends on the table saw.

These steps will guide you in the beginning stages of milling for your woodworking project. Watch the videos below. I perform all six steps of how to square wood and explain in detail how to achieve S4S lumber.

In summary, anyone can square lumber without reading the grain, but it will take much more work in the long run to create a quality product because you will have so much hand planing and sanding involved. Reading the grain and milling your stock accordingly is not just an arbitrary woodworking rule, it is guaranteed to save you time and money.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fL1W7gOd7fw
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fweemoq5k4k
>>
>>5634762
>>5634764
>>5634769

Thank you, now I am able to make nice S4S boards
>>
>>5634762
thx friend :))))
>>
>>5634745
i agree
>>
>>5634773
But we only need 1 [s4s] board..... Quality over quantity! Legendary quality!
>>
File: 1462676267746.jpg (77KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1462676267746.jpg
77KB, 600x450px
>>5634745
This meme has been improved.
>>
>>5635195
thank u 4 updat
>>
>>5634745
roughposters are ruining this board!!!!!!!
>>
>>5635953
Sweet
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.