[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Whomst

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: 1501007294611.jpg (12KB, 439x222px) Image search: [Google]
1501007294611.jpg
12KB, 439x222px
Whomst
>>
>>5629269
kawaii
>>
>>5629269
What is the car planning?
>>
>>5629269
Whomst the fucc eat ass
>>
Back in the early '90s, pretty much everyone used halogen reflector bulbs. To get a lot of light out of those, you needed a pretty big reflector area, so you ended up with big round headlights -- like are on the old Impreza in the answer details.

In the mid to late '90s, HID systems started coming out that utilized projector enclosures for part of the lighting system, which eventually allowed the housings to be shrunk.

Because HIDs were introduced on luxury cars, and because luxury cars first started shrinking the enclosures to show off that they were using HIDs rather than big, hokey reflectors, smaller headlights started to mean 'higher end'.

In the mid 2010s, this process repeated with LEDs, which are even more compact than HID bulbs, and continued as lower-end cars (like my 2015 Sonata) started to use projector enclosures even with conventional halogen bulbs (one presumes that molding and design has gotten cheap enough to allow inexpensive manufacture of formerly expensive enclosures).

So now if you're making a luxury car and want to cue that you're different than the proletariat, you need even slittier, smaller openings that couldn't possibly contain a mundane conventional projector bulb. And the mid-range cars follow suit, doing their damndest to make slitty (and thus angry-looking, because if you squint you kinda have a choice between angry and stupid) headlight openings to cue luxury to consumers.
>>
File: beardedminer.png (315KB, 1236x2400px) Image search: [Google]
beardedminer.png
315KB, 1236x2400px
im lukin fir gold.....lol
>>
>>5629269
wat she loochen @ ?
>>
>>5629269
This is great
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.