[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Real answers only

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: download.png (4KB, 288x175px) Image search: [Google]
download.png
4KB, 288x175px
Whats the best way to go to the usa through europe. without a visa or greencard or anything like that. and with ass less money as possible.
>>
File: Untitled.jog.jpg (189KB, 850x1236px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jog.jpg
189KB, 850x1236px
>>5513165
drink the piss of one anime and unironically say "I really like this piss, it tastes really good, thank you for introducing me into a new fetish through the usage of thinly veiled unironic memes"
>>
>>5513165
Definitely by plane. Since there is water (the Atlantic Ocean) between Europe and USA you cannot walk or drive. I recommened going by air simply because the distance is too long to make a sailing route for passenger transport viable so you probably cannot find a ferry that will take you.

I imagine that in 100 years or so it's going to be normal to just travel by teleportation so you can go anywhere in an instant. But I think right now airplanes are safer.
>>
>>5513165
suck the dick of a consul general
>>
>>5513165 (OP)
I was also thinking of going around. like from asia to russia and then straight to alaska. then canada and later usa
>>
>>5513176
I don't think so, teleportation as we would know would involve ending your sense of self so another you can live. Sure from an outside perspective everything is the same, but personally you die so the world can continue on functioning. And this would require you to die every single day for anything of basic importance

I think ultimately the designers of the teleporter will create it only for the philosophical message it holds, which would relate to the concept of dying everyday so the world can continue on working at a faster pace

I, personally, would never use a teleporter as I have no desire to integrate myself into the void so another me can take my place, but I'd have no problem being friends with the voidlings who have no such objections.
>>
>>5513184
How different is it from going to sleep? I mean how can you tell that you are the same you when you wake up as when you went to sleep?

Only your memories tell you that even after a break in consciousness you are still the same and assuming you would have those after a teleportation would it really be a problem? I'm not afraid to go to sleep even though my stream of consciousness is broken and it could potentially be a 'new me' but with the same memories that woke up the next day.
>>
>>5513190
>How different is it from going to sleep? I mean how can you tell that you are the same you when you wake up as when you went to sleep?

Obviously you aren't killed when are you asleep and it's nonsensical to imply such
It's brought up but pro-teleporters all the time who try to argue against teleporter death but it doesn't even make sense as they're two complete disjoint things

It's actually pretty sad that the future will be populated full of people like you who will kill themselves because they can't understand basic concepts of teleporter death or more likely people who perhaps don't even attempt to think about it

And the funny part is, if you don't think about it, no one will know you're dying other than the you that died but dead man tell no tales

People will only realize when a teleport fuck up happens and someone dies violently or perhaps creates a duplicate of themselves
>>
>>5513223
Why do you even care that your body will be made up of a new set of atoms if your mind is still the same?

I'd argue that the 'you' is your mind that perceives the world. If you lost an arm and got a new one you wouldn't consider yourself a new person. This is sort of the same just with the entire body instead.

Obviously it's just a hypothetical discussion since teleportation isn't possible, but in a world where your mind transfers along and you still have the same memories and personality I don't see the problem.
>>
>>5513229
Your argument is fundamentally if I created an exact clone of you and then killed you immediately, you would be that clone.

Well from an outside perspective, maybe. There's no way to distinguish for an outsider. The importance of teleporter death is not for the outside observer though. It never was. It's for you. Because if you step in that teleporter you die and don't continue. There's an exact duplicate who would do basically everything you would if you didn't die, but that doesn't matter for -you-.

To make things most clear, you simply have to imagine what happens if you didn't get vaporized in the teleporter

If the teleporter malfunctioned and you didn't get vaporized immediately, and you went to go meet your teleporter clone, and then promptly were vaporized on the spot, you wouldn't somehow become your clone

And then take it one step further and imagine no one ever saw you or your duplicate during this process

It's effectively the same as using the teleporter normally, because from the outside world you're still just that teleporter duplicate and you never died, but to anyone who actually observed the event, you clearly died and were replaced with a duplicate. The only difference is that in a teleporter the death is supposed to be instantaneous so that it appears as if you had traveled but really you didn't.

Similarly, if you transfered your mind into a computer, you wouldn't become that computer. Actually a lot of stories deal with the plot of both this concept and the teleporter one

It's impossible to separate your mind from the physicalness of the brain and your whole body actually. That's why sleeping is fundamentally different from actually dying. And in fact sleeping is irrelevant anyways, since your entire life time is just your brain recreating your memories and pulling them from the bank, and this occurs even in a state of being awake. What's important is that you encapsulate the same continuous unit
>>
>>5513240
This is also why it's impossible to live forever by becoming a robot (only a robot with a duplicate mind pattern can exist), though there is some research to indicate that if you slowly replaced your brain in a ship of theseus sort of way it may be possible to achieve it, however that is where the line blurs is really unclear ways

And I type this all unironically because it's interesting to think and read about, anyways I can't reply any longer but this is always something interesting to discuss
>>
stowaway in a cargo ship eating rats and fish for months
>>
>>5513165
No1 wants you anywhere u polishfig
Just throw yourself into the sea and hope for the best.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.