[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

s4s, you are my only friend and I need advice. Should I finish

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 8

File: 172893039333729.jpg (21KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
172893039333729.jpg
21KB, 480x480px
s4s, you are my only friend and I need advice. Should I finish my math career or go to the art school? I love them both
>>
Math is infinitely more likely to land you a job where you can make a living. You could do small amounts of art on the side and if it's of good enough quality you can make extra shekels.
>>
mak artisanal math numbers
>>
File: 1407333852754.jpg (110KB, 922x940px) Image search: [Google]
1407333852754.jpg
110KB, 922x940px
art is the only career that wont be replaced by machines in a decade
which will make you a slave when everyone elses job has been automated

the ironic thing is that everyone else will be using their free time for art but you, the professional artist will be trapped in a factory making art as the robots see fit

lole

Your fortune: Reply hazy, try again
>>
>>5433308
There is nothing art school can teach you that you can't learn yourself or discover through your own consistent work. Go math but never let the art dream die.
>>
>>5433462
more ligly eber1 else will be squeezd into oil for le machine
>>
>>5433308
As someone in a similar situation as you, in relation to loving both science and art, it's probably better to go for the math. I'm about to go to grad school for physics, but I'm also going to bring a lot of instruments up with me and continue self-teaching and making stuff, so that's how I chose to handle the problem.
However, that's just me, and you probably know most of what people will tell you here, so really you gotta make the decision on your own my man. Do what's best for you.

Also what kinda art you into?
>>
>>5433494
this tbh

Following your dreams is nice, but having a job prospect just in case is also nice
>>
>>5433308
Tough choice. What's employment like on your area? Are there any math or art factories where u live? ? Idk just follow ur passion.
>>
File: IMG_20170515_141527.jpg (2MB, 2304x4096px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170515_141527.jpg
2MB, 2304x4096px
MAKE MONEY AND fuck me, I would actually say go towards the math career and get a good job for the money save yourself a good pile (or until you get kicked out of your job by the robots) so you have nest egg to lean on while you make art, idk do what you wanna do
>>
>>5433308
lol
grow halfe a braine and figure it out yourself
uhmm...try again sweetie
>>
>>5433697
LOLE
>>
>>5433579
Drawing, I draw wathever comes to my mind. I dont think its necesary to go to the art school to improve my skills but I was considering to try it.
>>
File: cade.jpg (81KB, 711x948px) Image search: [Google]
cade.jpg
81KB, 711x948px
>>5433790
That's really neat; I wish I could draw, but I am generally just really bad at anything involving pencils and paper. I scribbled stupid stuff a LOT when I'd get bored in classes, though. I made a kitty once using some kinda drawing app. I'd like to see some of your work if you'd be okay posting it.

What field of math would you be going into?
>>
>>5433858
>What field of math would you be going into?
algebra
>>
>>5433868
Cool. I took an abstract algebra course last semester. Groups and rings were a lot of fun, though I messed up and spaced near the end when we were talking about ideals and had to really cram last minute to not mess up the final. Good stuff overall; that and my classical analysis course really expanded my mind when it comes to mathematics.
>>
>>5433883
No, like:
x + 3 = 5

ALGEBRA.
idk what ur saying.
>>
File: groups.png (19KB, 580x228px) Image search: [Google]
groups.png
19KB, 580x228px
>>5433893
Good one. Groups and rings are algebraic concepts. Funnily enough, they were created to find zeroes of polynomials. Really interesting stuff, honestly. The picture I'm posting is how groups are defined.
>>
File: ec6.png (298KB, 600x827px) Image search: [Google]
ec6.png
298KB, 600x827px
>>5433933dubs
I'm not even op. LOL
>>
File: rings!.png (42KB, 878x351px) Image search: [Google]
rings!.png
42KB, 878x351px
>>5433948
i knew

I just like talking about groups! Here are the ring axioms.
>>
>>5433997
ur going to laugh at me, but my only exposure to groups was in a data structs & algorithms class.
those look simlar to the axioms of boolean algebra. but idk.
>>
File: 12099302425.jpg (20KB, 600x960px) Image search: [Google]
12099302425.jpg
20KB, 600x960px
>>5433858
I'm not really good hehe, I always end up deleting my sketchs, but I saved this one.
>What field of math would you be going into?
algebra, pure math.
>>5433948
thats not nice :<
>>
>>5434042
>thats not nice :<
bad bord, bby.
>>
One of the janitors at my company has a degree in music education
>>
>>5434042
You shouldn't delete them! My ex-roommate would make music and write whole like plays and then delete them and I never understood it. Thanks for showing me the undeleted one, though.
Good call; out of curiosity what level are you at right now? Still undergrad and considering grad school or something?
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.